Log Project Orthrus Prototype / Threadripper / Dual Titan X SLI

xninetynine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 11, 2017
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build Log: Orthrus Prototype V4 / V2 - for sale! [Update : 2020-06-16]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friends,

I'd like to share my current build in the Project Orthrus V4 chassis. I have been fortunate enough to build in the Project Orthrus case by our very own @LukeD, twice!
The first build was the V2 (1U PSU version) and the second (current) build is the V4 (SFX-L version).

I'm posting a teaser photo as I'm still waiting on some watercooling parts for the Orthrus but here's a sneak peek, as well as a parts list! Also if anyone is interested I'm also selling the Orthrus Prototype V2!

CPU - AMD Threadripper 2950X
Cooler - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4 (will transition to custom watercooling loop)
MoBo - ASRock X399M Taichi
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3200
Storage - Western Digital SN750 500GB (OS)
Storage - Western Digital SN750 2TB (Files)
PSU - Silverstone SFX 800 (will transition to SFX1000W in August 2020)

xninetynine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 11, 2017
I've been waiting for this pièce de résistance. Just got it today and I'm getting closer to the final build!

There should be more updates to follow the next few weeks.

Big.8ch

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 17, 2020
Am really excited about this project and been following it since linus first introduced it on his channel.
I've been looking high and low a SFF MATX case with dual SLI (mainly for one RTX 2080 Ti and the other for a capture card) and this case delivers exactly what i want.
I hope to see a this project at it's final production form sooner than later to buy one, please keep up posted bro.

maadjuggalo

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 18, 2023
are you still working on Project Orthrus if so where can i buy one ( p.s same case but made with cherry oak just a idea)

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
are you still working on Project Orthrus if so where can i buy one ( p.s same case but made with cherry oak just a idea)
This isn't the Trade Section, please keep all trade enquiries to that area.

Also, xninetynine wasn't the developer of the Orthrus, and the user was last seen Oct 26, 2022.