C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com

Well now it is time to dissassemble this build again to make it ready for a custom loop. What I will use for cooling now will be this:

RAD: EKWB XT 120mm
BLOCK: MIPS Iceforce
PUMP/TOP: Alphacool DC-LT

This radiator is about twice as thick as the one on Corsair's H75, so now this case will be even more filled up. The SSD-holder barely fits now.

So what is hiding in this box...?

Well, one of THE most gorgeous blocks Ive ever seen, MIPS Iceforce, sadly MIPS is not around anymore. I bought this block from Performance PCs when I was on vacation in the US, the last one they had.

Looking pretty neat I think, I will change out the mounting screws though as those are not my favorite.

Radiator installed! As I wrote before, this one is a lot thicker.

The SSD-holder was then installed and the cables hooked up to see how everything works.

I installed everything to be able to start plan the loop and most of all, to plan out where and how to install the pump. A lot of browsing on Caseking has been done too, fittings and acrylic tubes need to be bought. Im excited!

This was all for this week, I just have to say thank you to all the staff and members here, this forum gave me back a lot of motivation for modding again. :)

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
You definitely need a "Creator Banner". Awesome work.

How did you fasten down the radiator? Or is it just sitting there?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
The Creator banner is part of the Vendor Program, so it only applies to those intending to sell their designs.

Completely understood; just meant it as a compliment but thinking on it maybe a "SFF Creator/Artist/Inventor" banner should be made for some of more gifted/creative members?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, but that's subjective and I just know people will complain who think they deserve to be on the list but don't really merit it. That would be too much drama for my taste :p

Reactions: Ceros_X and Phuncz

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
You definitely need a "Creator Banner". Awesome work.

How did you fasten down the radiator? Or is it just sitting there?

Wow thank you! :)

The bottom fan is mounted to the acrylic base, and then I screw the fan into the radiator.

How many times can i say epic work in this thread.. hmm :p

Thank you John, appreciate it. :)

Reactions: ricochet

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Wow thank you! :)
The bottom fan is mounted to the acrylic base, and then I screw the fan into the radiator.
So a long screw up from the bottom through the fan first, through the base (acrylic case bottom panel), up into the radiator? Did you need to use a longer screw than normal to do this due to the case/base added thickness?

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
So a long screw up from the bottom through the fan first, through the base (acrylic case bottom panel), up into the radiator? Did you need to use a longer screw than normal to do this due to the case/base added thickness?

It is a slim fan, Prolimatech USV, so it is only 15mm, and then into the radiator, so its not superlong screws, I used some long ones I had and cut them down to the right size. :)

Reactions: Mtthwmths

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
It is a slim fan, Prolimatech USV, so it is only 15mm, and then into the radiator, so its not superlong screws, I used some long ones I had and cut them down to the right size. :)
Roger that, forgot that you used slim fans.

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Hello!

I thought I would share a quick side-project I finished up this week. I needed a stable workbench in my office/workshop for my pressdrill, beltsander and sheetbender. Instead of buying something finished I built it myself, with storage options too.

The tabletop is called Gerton and can be bought from Ikea, it measures 1550x750mm. The base of the workbench is built with 95x45mm and 45x45mm planks.

So I started by building a "box" that the tabletop will lay on, then I added some legs on the sides.

I also wanted some storage in the workbench, so I started building the base for two shelfes in the workbench, these also makes the entire thing much more stable. On the shelfes I will have plastic boxes where I can store smaller acrylic and aluminiun sheets, smaller powertools etc.

The tabletop was mounted with some angled steelplates.

Then I filled up the base of the shelfes with planks as well.

I bought some plastic boxes in different sizes that fits perfect on the shelfes. These are very good as I love to organize all my tools, materials etc.

So this is how it ended up looking, it is very stable. With this I will also be able to use my time more efficient while modding. Now I will work on finishing up CURV3D and my other project SAIL as soon as I can without stressing it.

What do you think? If someone wants the exact measurements just leave a comment. :)

Best regards
Johan Nyman