robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Nice work! How did you fix the tabletop to the legs?

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Nice work! How did you fix the tabletop to the legs?

With small steel angles, like this.

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
I mean, it would be nice if this project was finished sometime........

The pump Im going to use is Alphacool's DC-LT with top.

The pump will be mounted on the side with a mount that I am going to make out of aluminium.

This is how I want to run the loop, the case is small and it is already really not much space left. If anyone have a better idea though feel free to help out. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
I mean, it would be nice if this project was finished sometime........

The pump Im going to use is Alphacool's DC-LT with top.

The pump will be mounted on the side with a mount that I am going to make out of aluminium.

This is how I want to run the loop, the case is small and it is already really not much space left. If anyone have a better idea though feel free to help out. :)

Best regards,
Johan Nyman
How are you planning to fill the reservoir and loop fully?

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Its been too long, again. My neverending project. I promised myself to have this finished this year, it should be possible but I said that before too. Its hard to find the time to mod nowadays with work, kids and house.

About houses, I finally bought one recently and it has a garage in the basement which I turned into a modcave.

Before photo.

After, the walls were painted white and workbenches built.

Also some shelfs, bending tool, and other bits and pieces.

Some aluminium in different shapes and sizes too.

Back to the project though, right now I started working on the pumpmount.

I cut out the pieces by hand or with the jigsaw.

The DCLT pump Im using is really small so this mount should be way enough, especially since I will use rigid tubing, Ive seen some people use rigid tubing and this pump and dont have any mount at all. This mount will also be painted black and mounted in the bottom of the case with rubber grommets to remove some of the vibration.

Next job is to do some coverplates for different bits and pieces. I will try to have another update in a week (read 1-15 months). :D

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
Another update incoming. Time to finish up the pump mount and build a IO-cover.

I drilled holes in the bottom part of the pumpmount.

Measured out where the holes needed to be in the acrylic as well and drilled those.

Next part I wanted to make was a IO-cover. I started by measuring out the length of the IO as well as the widest part of it.

I added a few mm and cut out a piece.

I measured out where the bend needed to be and used my bending machine to do it.

I lined up the piece over the IO too see where I needed to do cutouts. On this motherboard the only place where were the battery is.

Cut that out with a regular metal handsaw.

Lined it up over the IO igen and it fit except for a few mm that needed to be shaped of the bottom part.

To mount the IO cover the left connector needed to be a bit higher.

I solved that by cutting out two pieces, glue them together and file them down and then add it to the connector.

The coming days I will paint all the parts, I always let that take its time as spraypainting aluminium can be difficult. I will be back when everything is painted and mounted. :)

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Another update incoming. Time to finish up the pump mount and build a IO-cover.

I drilled holes in the bottom part of the pumpmount.

Measured out where the holes needed to be in the acrylic as well and drilled those.

Next part I wanted to make was a IO-cover. I started by measuring out the length of the IO as well as the widest part of it.

I added a few mm and cut out a piece.

I measured out where the bend needed to be and used my bending machine to do it.

I lined up the piece over the IO too see where I needed to do cutouts. On this motherboard the only place where were the battery is.

Cut that out with a regular metal handsaw.

Lined it up over the IO igen and it fit except for a few mm that needed to be shaped of the bottom part.

To mount the IO cover the left connector needed to be a bit higher.

I solved that by cutting out two pieces, glue them together and file them down and then add it to the connector.

The coming days I will paint all the parts, I always let that take its time as spraypainting aluminium can be difficult. I will be back when everything is painted and mounted. :)

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman

Get this man some powdercoating gear!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I live in Sweden so that would be hard. But I have been looking at it, problem is that with those smaller kits its harder to get a good finish.

Yeah, that would be an issue. You could also look into Automotive HVLP (high volume, low pressure) spray guns. It's what I use.
Sorry about you luck on powdercoating. :/

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Time for some painting.

Im using three cans, aluprimer, matt black paint and matt clearcoat.

The alu-primer is highly recommended.

Some black paint and then almost done!

To mount the IO-cover Im using 3M's doublesided tape.

Ended up looking like this, what do you think?

Best regards,
Johan Nyman

What do I think?

Hmmmm...

I'm at a loss for words, other than good job!

That's an OLD mobo!

Reactions: rfarmer