Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
if you deliver thourgh fedex or like, it should be fine

Hope so... I do not mind paying extra to FedEx just to do all paperwork and customs for me, but...you know... It would be easy dealing with that in a week or so, because I have all December off (had extra vacation in my current job, had to take it) and I have a free time.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Last time Sliger sent my top cover, it took 2 days to come from Sliger to France..:)

It should be fast, definitely

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Shipito from CA offered approx $84 USD to Singapore via FedEx in 2-4 days.
I have not check shipping on the order form but will decide when I order tonight or tomorrow.

Ok the web page for ordering works really well on iPhone (good job !), shipping is $104 and up... Makes for an expensive case after options but order will be made :)

Shipping is always going to be brutal to APAC but this is something with nothing else like it in the market and if you want small and pretty and performs then it will cost a bit. Of course and local method in future to ship would be appreciated as I am sure it won’t me my last build.

Oh interesting, how did you find out about them? o_o

I might go the vpost route actually. Seems to be cheaper:
  • Fedex straight from Sliger:
    • $128.05 Economy
    • $146.48 Priority
  • Shipito: $15.24 from Sliger to CA + $84.24 via Fedex Priority (economy's barely any cheaper: $83.49)
    • Total: $99.48 minus tax
  • vPost: $15.24 from Sliger to OR + $43.80 (USD) via vPost Economy
    • Total: $59.24 minus tax
    • Going by sea might be the bit cheaper ($46.58 total), but it says in site it has to be more than 10kg ._.
Admittedly Fedex would ship the fastest (and already includes Insurance), but I might be only be able to afford the slowboat airship now ,_,

nemotron

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the Cerberus, I thought cooler clearance was 142mm w/ side hinge and 148 without.

Also, @Aibohphobia and @MarcParis, from those pictures with the NH C14s, it does not seem like there is room for cooler + 1 fan on the hinge. Unless the clips on the cooler fan can be offset from the heatsink.

EDIT: Checked the product page and don't see clearance numbers.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the Cerberus, I thought cooler clearance was 142mm w/ side hinge and 148 without.

Also, @Aibohphobia and @MarcParis, from those pictures with the NH C14s, it does not seem like there is room for cooler + 1 fan on the hinge. Unless the clips on the cooler fan can be offset from the heatsink.

EDIT: Checked the product page and don't see clearance numbers.
C14S is working with 2x25mm fans and with hinge, no issue.
Check my Cerberus-x build log.

ninetailfox97

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2017
What is the maximum width for radiators on the front and bottom for the Cerberus X? I'm wondering if its possible to fit a hardwarelabs gts 280, which has a width of 153mm.

ninetailfox97

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2017
damn that's really narrow, is that due to the socket protruding inward at the bottom? i'm looking at your build with the h220, how hard would you say getting that rad in there was?

Evan

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2017
Oh interesting, how did you find out about them? o_o

I might go the vpost route actually. Seems to be cheaper:
  • Fedex straight from Sliger:
    • $128.05 Economy
    • $146.48 Priority
  • Shipito: $15.24 from Sliger to CA + $84.24 via Fedex Priority (economy's barely any cheaper: $83.49)
    • Total: $99.48 minus tax
  • vPost: $15.24 from Sliger to OR + $43.80 (USD) via vPost Economy
    • Total: $59.24 minus tax
    • Going by sea might be the bit cheaper ($46.58 total), but it says in site it has to be more than 10kg ._.
Admittedly Fedex would ship the fastest (and already includes Insurance), but I might be only be able to afford the slowboat airship now ,_,

How did I find about shipito ? While looking for an alternative to packme, shipito also have OR warehouse for the tax benefits but the shipping tends to be more. Cubic weight rather than actual weight so probably not any advantages of sending more than one together. VPost I this case seems a pretty good deal I guess, normally I would just pick up when I am on a trip for either work or family but none planned in near future.

I actually wanted to build a couple, one a sort of server the other a more workstation, likely one ATX the other mATX, supermicro X10srh & X10srm for e5 v4 cpu with an AIO water cooler. Just deciding which first...
I was hoping to go 12v only for the workstation, as in no psu, just a big brick but let’s see.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Evan

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2017
Won't be online till next week, first build people will need to post questions here (there's only 4 different screw for whole box, and they're kitted up to make sense where to use them).

How did that rate compare with the calculator on our site? I may get in touch with them if they're able to get things overseas cheaper than our direct rates.

Seems another Singaporean or based here also found vPost with good rates, that’s Singapore posts own reshipping effort is giving good prices. I will check a few different options but there is a company called aramex that may provide a decent direct shipping option for you to consider, often cheaper than USPS,DHL,FedEx but still fast.

https://www.aramex.com/

Reactions: VegetableStu

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Well I'm not so sure about this 155mm cpu cooler clearance...
Here is picture from @Aibohphobia using a Cryorig H7 cooler (145mm height)...without the hinge it just barely fits in Cerberus.
Post : https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...matx-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-29#post-9241

As far as I remembered, CPU IHS should be like/approx 8mm tall.

This dimension is correct, 146mm is maximum without side hinge from top of IHS - had clicked my dimension to the wrong point on motherboard.

Will get page tech specs to reflect this (thank you for checking!)