Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

rifter

Caliper Novice
Oct 26, 2017
So does that mean the Cerberus can or can't hold a 280 mm AIO? The product page says it can, and you posted pictures of a 280 mm AIO in your personal build back on post #2760, but this post seems to imply you can't, at least not without small profile fans?
You can use 25mm (normal thickness fans); however they may/will interfere plugs at the bottom of the motherboard. Thin fans are safer, that's all.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
It's looking like I'm gonna pull the plug on buying one of these in a couple weeks. I've been following since the start back when it was Nova and although I liked the button being on the front panel I like the way it is now as well. (although I might do some modding and put it on the front panel again >.>) Does anyone have any images of the beige I'd like to see it in a little more detail than what the website shows

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
It's looking like I'm gonna pull the plug on buying one of these in a couple weeks. I've been following since the start back when it was Nova and although I liked the button being on the front panel I like the way it is now as well. (although I might do some modding and put it on the front panel again >.>) Does anyone have any images of the beige I'd like to see it in a little more detail than what the website shows

Only one photo without wood grain adhesive. Maybe we can get @Ankacat to post some pics before the adhesive was added.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/inari-cerberus-in-sand.2443/

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Well, I'm going to order beige extra panels for mine. I thought it looked really nice in the photos. :)

j_bravo14

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2017
Can someone post a size comparison of Cerberus-X vs. Define C / Meshify C?

Still trying to justify the price/SFF premium of this case.

Playing around with numbers in my head, on running 2 x vega 64 in this case will require an ATX powersupply, forcing me to do watercooling, unless the ATX powersupply can be mounted to the front.

Ankacat

Trash Compacter
Silver Supporter
Mar 11, 2016

Only one photo without wood grain adhesive. Maybe we can get @Ankacat to post some pics before the adhesive was added.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/inari-cerberus-in-sand.2443/

Here's some fresh pics of my un-washi taped Cerberus; I was going to redo/try new stuff with it anyway. I've got both weird desk lamp and natural light for any color differences. In the rear-view picture the space cover next to the expansion slots is currently removed due to getting acquainted with a stripped screw extractor yesterday.

Seperately, here's an additional picture for anyone interested in adding a slot-load optical drive; in my build log I'd installed my drive with the top side against the front wall of the frame because I didn't think there was enough disc clearance. Turns out that there is, at least for the LG DVD drive I've got in there (hope I did the item link properly).

I've also got a question for @KSliger regarding one of the front panel pins that's partially popped out of its securing... thingie? I don't remember if it was like this initially or if I managed to dislodge it at some point, but is this something I could safely shove back onto its mounting point myself with tools or heat?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Here's some fresh pics of my un-washi taped Cerberus; I was going to redo/try new stuff with it anyway. I've got both weird desk lamp and natural light for any color differences. In the rear-view picture the space cover next to the expansion slots is currently removed due to getting acquainted with a stripped screw extractor yesterday.

Seperately, here's an additional picture for anyone interested in adding a slot-load optical drive; in my build log I'd installed my drive with the top side against the front wall of the frame because I didn't think there was enough disc clearance. Turns out that there is, at least for the LG DVD drive I've got in there (hope I did the item link properly).

I've also got a question for @KSliger regarding one of the front panel pins that's partially popped out of its securing... thingie? I don't remember if it was like this initially or if I managed to dislodge it at some point, but is this something I could safely shove back onto its mounting point myself with tools or heat?
Looks like the pop thingy is just rigeted in. I'd say you could probably just drill out that Rivet and redo it

Reactions: Biowarejak

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I really want the Slate but that Beige looks sooo nice.

Looks like the extra panel sets are going to be a hit !

Reactions: W1NN1NG

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
Another question. On the order page, the SFX/SFX-L Internal PSU option shows the PSU intake fan facing toward the inside of the case:

It appears from the photo that the design and length of the power cable would prevent you from choosing to rotate it 180 degrees so that the PSU intake fan faces the front of the case.

Can anyone confirm that the PSU in these production units can actually be oriented with the intake fan facing the front of the case (opposite of the pictured orientation)?

EDIT: Looking at Silverstone's SFX/SFX-L PSU lineup, their connector placement and orientation is all over the place from model to model. So I guess the question is: is there enough room and cord length to accomodate the different placements/orientations, or will only some of them work in some orientations?

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Another question. On the order page, the SFX/SFX-L Internal PSU option shows the PSU intake fan facing toward the inside of the case:

It appears from the photo that the design and length of the power cable would prevent you from choosing to rotate it 180 degrees so that the PSU intake fan faces the front of the case.

Can anyone confirm that the PSU in these production units can actually be oriented with the intake fan facing the front of the case (opposite of the pictured orientation)?
Sure you can orientate your sfx psu in front , as fresh intake...check my setup..:)

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
Sure you can orientate your sfx psu in front , as fresh intake...check my setup..:)
I did check yours before posting, and I see it facing outward, but yours is pre-production and the cable in the photo looks extremely short. (It also looks like it would have a very tight bend radius at the elbow if rotated 180.) I have learned the hard way to double check assumptions up front...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ac plug is not that short..:)
What psu are your considering?
Corsair sf600, silverstone sfxl 500, 700, 800 are compatible..:)

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Well, I for one supplied my own cord - that was part of the deal to get the pre-production at the stage I signed up. There was talk about sending out cables and usb 3.0 front panel connectors later on, maybe MarcParis got such a shipment?