Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Cases are shipping Tuesday/Wednesday. Thank you all that ordered, can't wait to see your builds!

Also please message me your completed build picture and I will feature on the product page with link to your forum post.
Do you have enough from my build?...;)

Reactions: Nanook

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Cases are shipping Tuesday/Wednesday. Thank you all that ordered, can't wait to see your builds!

Also please message me your completed build picture and I will feature on the product page with link to your forum post.
If possible you could put this on a piece of paper with every case inside the packaging because this topic is going X posts an hour and people will have forgotten this by then :) Something along the lines of:
"Hey buddy/friend/guy, we love seeing what you've done with your case when you have finished your build or when you're at the start of a large project build. Share the love on our forum at <<shortened URL>>"

I might have snuck a South Park Canada reference in there.

j_bravo14

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2017
Whats the biggest radiator you can fit on the front panel?

I'm planning to use it with an ATX powersupply plate.

Last edited:

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
PayPal payment method didn't like me. Kept challenging me to pick shipping option, although I was picking FedEx Home Delivery... Amazon Pay worked just fine though. Time to hoard the case until I'm ready for some extreme build...

Stephlearnstobuild

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2017
New here. Excited on first build, but still trying to decide on regular vs X. Just spent the last 2 days reading through all the pages, dunno if I missed it: largest gpu length the matx version can fit?

Also recommendations on appropriate size based on my components would be helpful. I like the smaller size, but I want good air flow.

Cpu: i5 8600k

Mobo: msi z370 gaming pro carbon ac(atx) (or) msi z370M gaming pro carbon ac(matx)

Cooler: Noctua D14 (or) Next x42/x52

Ram: Team Dark pro ddr4 3200. Cl 14

Storage: Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 - 2.5", WD 1tb 7200rpm - 2.5"

Gpu: msi gtx geoforce gaming x 1060 6gb

Fans: Noctua - size and number not determined yet.

Psu: ? (Was considering the Seasonic 520w 80+ platinum (atm12v) for a different case if I went with matx. --- I saw a few posts about atx vs sfx. If sfx=atx12v?

Thanks.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Stephlearnstobuild

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2017
New here. Excited on first build, but still trying to decide on regular vs X. Just spent the last 2 days reading through all the pages, dunno if I missed it: largest gpu length the matx version can fit?

Also recommendations on appropriate size based on my components would be helpful. I like the smaller size, but I want good air flow.

Mobo: msi z370 gaming pro carbon ac(atx) (or) msi z370M gaming pro carbon ac(matx)

Psu: ? (Was considering the Seasonic 520w 80+ platinum (atm12v) for a different case if I went with matx. --- I saw a few posts about atx vs sfx. If sfx=atx12v?

Thanks.

Also what is up with the subtitle under my name??? "What is an itx?"

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Thanks.
Max recommended width for gpu : 140mm with non offseted 6/8pins..ie gtx 1070/1080 gaming x
Noctua d14 won’t fit

And go for x...just atx motherboard is so easier..:)

Reactions: Stephlearnstobuild

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017
So 140mm tall for GPU. There goes my idea of transferring my current build into the Cerberus X. My Asus GTX 670 is 164mm.:(

Nyven

Caliper Novice
Nov 16, 2017
The only two 670's from Asus that I saw are the GTX670-DC2-2GD5 and the GTX670-DC2-4GD5 and both have a height of 5.4" or 137.16mm. So I'd double check what you got and if it's one of these assuming the height limit of 140 is correct it should just fit.

Reactions: jsco

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
The only two 670's from Asus that I saw are the GTX670-DC2-2GD5 and the GTX670-DC2-4GD5 and both have a height of 5.4" or 137.16mm. So I'd double check what you got and if it's one of these assuming the height limit of 140 is correct it should just fit.

However, back when GTX 670s came out the PCI-E power sockets were almost never recessed. So this could still be a problem. Low profile 90 degree power connectors have been mentioned several times in the Ncase M1 threads so you may need to find out if these will allow your 670 to fit.

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017

I have the GTX670-DC2-2GD5. Your right its only 137mm. Somehow I got the measurement as 164mm

However, back when GTX 670s came out the PCI-E power sockets were almost never recessed. So this could still be a problem. Low profile 90 degree power connectors have been mentioned several times in the Ncase M1 threads so you may need to find out if these will allow your 670 to fit.

Interesting, I will have to check into these. Thanks for the info I really don't want to purchase a new GPU if I don't have to.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Thanks.

ATX motherboards are more plentiful right now for 8XXX series, that decision up to your preference. I really like the Cerberus X in beige, has a very nice retro feel, and beige I feel pictures on site don't do the color justice.

CPU cooler is limited to 155mm tall with side hinge bracket removed, so the Noctua D14 will be 5mm too tall.

All GPU will fit in the case by length (max 330.17mm long), however some are limited by height (155mm tall from bottom of PCIe tab to inside wall of side panel absolute max) but your GPU will fit fine.

SFX = ATX12V (ATX is a form factor and ATX12V is a power specification)
I would get SFX and the internal SFX mounting kit if you're going with an air cooler, but I would highly recommend a 140mm, 240mm, or 280mm CPU liquid cooler for this case.

You do not need any bracket options for your 2.5" SSD or 2.5"HDD (case by default mounts 2x 2.5" drives)

Updating the tech specs on page tonight, maybe some pictures (power was out here all day)

PayPal payment method didn't like me. Kept challenging me to pick shipping option, although I was picking FedEx Home Delivery... Amazon Pay worked just fine though. Time to hoard the case until I'm ready for some extreme build...

If anyone else sees this issue please email us at sales@sliger.com, I cannot seem to recreate it but have heard 3 or 4 reports of it being an issue now.

Whats the biggest radiator you can fit on the front panel?

I'm planning to use it with an ATX powersupply plate.

On Cerberus X you can fit up to two 140mm x 280mm, on Cerberus you can do one 280mm or two 240mm.

Reactions: Stephlearnstobuild

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017
I am curious about the recommendation for water cooling. Is the air cooling performance mediocre or is Cerberus X just much better at water cooling?