Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
@KSliger, just to clarify, are the windowed panels from the original kickstarter design (i.e. half window, half vent) still planned? You mentioned "full window side panels" a few pages back, but I can't tell if that means the original half-window design, or something new.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger, just to clarify, are the windowed panels from the original kickstarter design (i.e. half window, half vent) still planned? You mentioned "full window side panels" a few pages back, but I can't tell if that means the original half-window design, or something new.

Will let you know in ~2 weeks, looking like both will be options.

For those asking on radiators:

Cerberus X can hold two 280mm x 30mm, but bottom one will need to use 15mm fans.

Cerberus can fit two 240mm x 27.5mm with 25mm fans (picture shows 30mm but they intersect - could use with 20mm or 15mm fans)

Updating product page too!

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Going to be hard pressed to find decent rads at less than 320mm high.
I can do some hunting and compile a list over the next few days if you like.

Reactions: KSliger

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
This dimension is correct, 146mm is maximum without side hinge from top of IHS - had clicked my dimension to the wrong point on motherboard.

Will get page tech specs to reflect this (thank you for checking!)
Np..:)

Cerberus X can hold two 280mm x 30mm, but bottom one will need to use 15mm fans.

Cerberus can fit two 240mm x 27.5mm with 25mm fans (picture shows 30mm but they intersect - could use with 20mm or 15mm fans)

For the bottom, except if you are using a mini itx board you are going to bump into atx motherboard..:)

It’s so easier to advice very good 240mm radiator, with proper pump and waterblock and fans than 280mm radiators that are promotoed for aluminum aio...:)

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
For 280 rads:
Hardware Labs GTS280: 312mm x 153mm x 29.6mm
OEM version Hardware Labs LS280: 312mm x 140mm x 29.7mm
I think they can fit.

For 240 rads:
Darkside LP240: 275 x 121 x 27.5mm (Fits in Cerberus in front - bottom setup with 25mm fans, confirmed by Sliger.)
Magicool 240 G2 Slim: 272 x 120 x 27. Will fit for sure.

Reactions: Phuncz and EdZ

Winterheart

Efficiency Noob
Nov 28, 2017
Registered here to say thank you for making this project happen. Ordered a pearl white Cerberus on the weekend along with most of the options for my coffeelake build. The AUD/USD hurt a bit lol, but I'm looking forward to having another decent case to match my existing Ncase. As I'm using an Asus Z370-I board, I'm pretty sure I'll have enough room in the front of the case for a 40mm rad and dual Noctua's and still be able to fit the pump/res in behind it. Cable management will be the bigger challenge, but one that I'm looking forward to! :D

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Derp. Forgot that.
Did that pump get rma'd?
I cannot remember.

Looking at it's dimension now, it might still be too bulky with 90 degree connectors on it.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Testing Apogee Drive II (with right angle connector) while using SFX psu on rear bracket is something I want to try. (did tried it with silverstone ps08 and ATX rear bracket, but it was a too tight fit)

For sure it's working while using hardtube...but i don't want to go on hard tubes..:)

ps : no rma on my Apogee Drive II. I just did change the O-ring. I bought my Apogee Drive from somebody else (it was not new). It's working just fine, with original customised ddc pump by Swiftech MCP35X.

capt_rusty

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2017

So does that mean the Cerberus can or can't hold a 280 mm AIO? The product page says it can, and you posted pictures of a 280 mm AIO in your personal build back on post #2760, but this post seems to imply you can't, at least not without small profile fans?

Reactions: Biowarejak