Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I am torn between the Cerberus and the Cerberus-X I don't think I need the extra space the "X" offers. But then again... Is it not that much bigger? Then I can fit a bigger radiator or something. I can't find a lot of reference photos between the two either.

Either way. Very excited! I've been checking the thread every hour in anticipation.

X

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
So much yes for the cerb-x, the only decent matx boards I can find are x99 asrock and asus offerings.
Not to mention the terrible low budget, inadequate vrm, no sli offerings on the am4 platform.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
$108 usd for shipping to Australia. That is nearly 50% of the cost of the case.
$464 Aud total.

I don't mind the case pricing at all, but that shipping cost is a no for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: raymondo

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Ready to order the X, but a few questions. Do I need to order the SFX internal kit? does the SFX bracket option give me both the internal kit and the extra bracket if I want to move my psu around?

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Site for ordering is up currently for those who want to order a before official announcement:

My apologies on the date slip from 11/17, but you'll see it's worth the tease =p

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Happy Thanksgiving ! drunkie ordered one of each. i hope you sell out quick and sober can recoup mistakes on ebay :)

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Never mind, the pictures helped me figure it out lol. Ordered! only $307.22 including shipping with a black top plate and 3.5 HDD cage.

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
Ordered. Cheapest shipping option was Fedex Ground International, $40 to BC if that helps anyone else in Canada. Not too bad for something this size, actually.

E: Oh yeah, wasn't there supposed to be an expensive aluminum feet option? Didn't make it in to initial release?

Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ready to order the X, but a few questions. Do I need to order the SFX internal kit? does the SFX bracket option give me both the internal kit and the extra bracket if I want to move my psu around?

"SFX Internal" is for mounting the PSU by the front USB / power button only, does not include the rear mounting bracket.

SFX Plate is for mounting above motherboard, does not include the parts for mounting internally - only as shown in picture.

Best price is to pick the "SFX / SFX-L Internal" under "Power Supply Mounting" then scroll to bottom and check the "SFX PSU Plate" under "Additional Power Supply Mounting Brackets". That will give you both options for lowest price.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
The case by themselves, are actually way more appealing than anything caselabs.
The shipping cost of $108 usd....
It would want to be on my door tomorrow for that money.

What storage options are in the case without purchasing brackets?
Assuming rear mount SFX and 2x240mm rads.

You can mount 3.5" HDD and 2.5" SSDs just about anywhere with some crafty positioning on the infinite vents, and by default Cerb X has two 2.5" SSD mounting points.

Rubricae

Efficiency Noob
Jan 13, 2017
$108 usd for shipping to Australia. That is nearly 50% of the cost of the case.
$464 Aud total.

I don't mind the case pricing at all, but that shipping cost is a no for me.

Yep. Unfortunately, for me, $500AUD for a case due to the shipping is simply way too much, no matter how much I'd want it.
Until some point which shipping costs internationally become more reasonable, I'm sorry to say I won't be purchasing a Cerberus.