Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Well...here we go!

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Fedex is really expensive...and on top of that you will have to pay customs and local vat.

Please could you not propose usps or ups? Shipment from US seems really expensive..:)

Well, I could choose between FedEx, USPS and UPS. UPS would be even more expensive for me (more than a double) and customs and VAT is mandatory for me in my country ... :(

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey everyone,

Holy cow! Sales have been brisker than we anticipated, and I haven't even updated the KI website or pushed out an update via newsletter yet!

Another interesting tidbit: Cerberus X has (so far) outsold Cerberus!

Sliger will be booking machines today to get more enclosures made :) But know that folks ordering now may be delayed for a bit, up to two weeks.

Fedex is really expensive...and on top of that you will have to pay customs and local vat.

Please could you not propose usps or ups? Shipment from US seems really expensive..:)

For some countries, USPS is an option. For instance, I made a dummy Cerberus X order to New Zealand and saw the following:

Still expensive, but given the size of Cerberus X, not unexpected. I'm not sure of the minutiae of what's available shipping wise across each country, however - but I do know that USPS is an option in some places.

Ordered. Cheapest shipping option was Fedex Ground International, $40 to BC if that helps anyone else in Canada. Not too bad for something this size, actually.

E: Oh yeah, wasn't there supposed to be an expensive aluminum feet option? Didn't make it in to initial release?

Yes, we're working on that! Just couldn't get it in time for the release, and didn't want to hold anything back further in response.

Last edited:

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
So, just to make sure... the windowed panel version is still planned, right? If I wait for that, I won't forever miss my chance to buy a Cerberus... right?

(This is super exciting. Been a long ride!)

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hey everyone,

Holy cow! Sales have been brisker than we anticipated, and I haven't even updated the KI website or pushed out an update via newsletter yet!

Sliger will be booking machines today to get more enclosures made :) But know that folks ordering now may be delayed for a bit, up to two weeks.

Glad to hear that, I believe sales will go through the roof after that :)

Do you plan to post some graph (comparation, in time), most favourite order combination etc.?

Glad I ordered few hours ago - since I had chat with Sliger guys about international shipping, got info my unit will be send tommorow!

Reactions: VegetableStu

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hey everyone,

So happy for you that launch was success..:)

I'm even happier that Cerberus-X is becoming your best seller!
That was my bet..:)

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Holy cow! Sales have been brisker than we anticipated

Congrats!

and,

drat, because...

...folks ordering now may be delayed for a bit, up to two weeks.

I ordered 1hr after this comment but I guess getting in the initial batch depends on colors & options selected.

Is there a way to get an ETA or know if I'll have to wait for more production? I have a long trip planned in Dec/Jan so it would be great to know early if I have to throw a temporary solution together.

Reactions: Biowarejak

cerberusgrave

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2017
@KSliger @PlayfulPhoenix

Just a heads up, when I tried to check out with with Paypal it kept looping me saying no shipping method picked but Amazon Pay worked fine. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but wanted to give the heads up. Also thanks for the hard work finally getting it out, clearly everyone is stoked on this release. Good job guys! Can't wait to do my new build finally, had to go White Cerberus-X.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Actually, never heard of that company - so I doubt that it would even find my small city in the middle of Europe :D I prefer to go with known company that has local customer support. Still expensive as hell though...
USPS is the US's national postal carrier. They will transport as far as your nation's customs border, where it will be handed over to a local carrier. E.g. for the UK, it will be handed over to Royal Mail (our national postal carrier).
Because there is a handoff at Customs rather than the courier handling Customs clearance themselves, there is often the chance that it will get passed through customs without charge. With UPS/Fedex, they will charge you every time, and charge you extra for them to charge you (the infamous 'processing fee'). Whether it is worth the extra cost depends on your local carrier: UPS/Fedex over here are masters at ringing the bell, pushing the 'sorry you were out' notice through at the same time, and sprinting for the van; while Royal Mail usually will actually make an attempt at delivering packages.

Dharwin

Cable Smoosher
Nov 19, 2017
I noticed on the ordering website the Cerberus X lists only ATX and mini-ITX, not micro-ATX. The Cerberus lists micro-ATX, mini-DTX, and mini-ITX.

Does this mean X does not support micro-ATX boards? Literally only thing holding me back on buying after 2 hours of debating if I wanted to go larger or not, asking my gf, mom, and calling up a friend a few states away....

Dharwin

Cable Smoosher
Nov 19, 2017
Sorry for double post.

Cerberus-x : mini itx or atx (not compatible micro atx)
Cerberus: mini itx and micro atx

Found this quote after looking and it seems to confirm my fear that X does not support a micro-ATX board. Would still like confirmation on production models.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
It is not so much about going larger. It is about having support for a vast amount of superior atx boards, over the slim pickings that are matx boards in 2017.
Even at an extra 61mm, it is still smaller than most if not all mainstream matx cases, also smaller that many mainstream itx cases.