Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I just pulled the 10 ft of slack into a loop between the front of the chassis and the front cover lol. Guess it just needs to be that long to ensure it can reach all models of motherboards.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
They should've never made the USB 3.0 internal cable that long, because most motherboards got the USB 3.0 internal port on top-right or mid-right side of the board. Better to rather offer an extension cable to make it longer, if needed.

For my cable management, I custom ordered a 7" and 10" ATX 24 pin cable. Just to test both lengths. I think I could've even been okay with 5" ATX 24pin cable. Also got 2x 12" 4pin EPS cables and 2x 12" PCIe 6+2 pin cables. I could've gotten them shorter, probably to 9" for the EPS and 3" to 5" for the GFX. Now my ATX PSU is 200mm (7,87" approximately 8") long. The EPS connectors are on the very last corner of the motherboard, right before the rare I/O on the motherboard. So just to get passed the PSU to the connector would at least require 8", then another inch just to get the flexibility to connect it. For the GFX PCIe cables, the GFX is right beneath the PSU, utilising the PCIe Gen 3 x16 slot. I could just plug it in from top, then straight to the PSU. But I was thinking to route it from beneath, then up to the PSU connectors, so it would look better. Regardless, they could be shorter than 12".

The measurements of the cables do not include the connector length on the cable ends.

If someone wants to do the same as me, then they would want to consider this. A complete modular PSU is an absolute must, in this case.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sn0man

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
SF750 arrived today - that makes everything except the Cerberus X! Might try find a cheap case to build in while I sit tight and wait patiently! :D

Can't believe that tiny PSU is a platinum. Do those have self-test buttons, like the other ATX corsair PSUs do?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
i might need to shelf upgrade plans. wallet might be taking a hit to get my camera fixed (it'll have a DO NOT RESUSCITATE sticker on it once I get it back ,_,)

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Guys is dual 240mm rads possible on the Cerberus? Like one on the front and one on the bottom?
My 2080ti temps are baaad. Getting 80-83 when gaming and no oc. Probably because the air from the 280mm AIO on the bottom

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Guys is dual 240mm rads possible on the Cerberus? Like one on the front and one on the bottom?
My 2080ti temps are baaad. Getting 80-83 when gaming and no oc. Probably because the air from the 280mm AIO on the bottom

You could probably fit two 240mm radiators in Cerberus X. Just depends on your hardware as well.
If regular ATX motherboard, I would assume you could fit two 240mm rads. Removing the easy access to the motherboard connectors below. For the Radiator on the front, you'd probably want the fans facing out, pushing air in. I'm not sure why the solution is two radiators for a hot graphics card though. Have you tried other solutions, such as installing a fan directing towards it? You could also use one radiator for everything. You can use QDC. EKWB offer QDC with their AiO. https://www.ekwb.com/solutions/all-in-one/

Just not sure how tangled things would be, with all the wires and pipes.

Not sure if this will help. But probably something to think of. :-)

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Apologies on the delays to everyone that has ordered a window and is waiting on their tracking.

We had bad material, resolved with replacement, but the replacement material is delayed - all windows should hopefully ship by end of week. Contact us if you have any questions!

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
You could probably fit two 240mm radiators in Cerberus X. Just depends on your hardware as well.

Cerb-X will take 2x 280 (with 15mm fans on bottom rad), but Marcello said Cerberus so I guess he has the smaller case? The website says the regular Cerb can fit 2x 240, again with some fan limitations. Confusingly the same section also says max of 1x 240 + 1x 120.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Cerb-X will take 2x 280 (with 15mm fans on bottom rad), but Marcello said Cerberus so I guess he has the smaller case? The website says the regular Cerb can fit 2x 240, again with some fan limitations. Confusingly the same section also says max of 1x 240 + 1x 120.

We plan on doing some diagrams of possible fits - lots of questions from people on what is possible.

Also special mention; @junglist724 managed to get 600mm of radiators in the Cerberus X, first I've seen!

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/cerberus-x-radiator-fan-options.9700/#post-132691

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Has anyone had much luck fitting flattened out power cables around back? Seems like a pretty big waste of some very intelligently located passthrough holes if they aren't designed to accommodate anything above 1mm. I was able to do a pretty good job of prettifying my setup through hours of routing and cable training the SF750 cables, then I went to put the rear panel on... :(
Sidenote:
Really like the quality and basically silent operation of my new Corsair SF750, but could they have given literally 7mm more to every cable!?!
Every single cable is stretched dangerously tight and only fit after hrs of massaging their route, individually adjusting each strand. I realize that they aren't expecting SFX PSUs to go into larger builds, but 1) the majority of my cables are routed to the top/right corner of the motherboard, about 5mm away from the PSU mount, and 2) It's a 750W PSU! There aren't a lot of super small cases that actually need 750W and/or dual EPS cables. Maybe people just want to make more room in their case with a smaller PSU? Also, and this is probably just a wish, but while I appreciate the high quality, individually wrapped power cables, they are designed to go into small, tightly crammed cases. It would be nice if they at least offered a flatwire cable option.
Edit:
In a previous life, I was a fiber cable tech trained by an OCD nutcase. I KNOW how to clean up and route cables. This just seems like an awful lot of effort for what should be the easy part.

Reactions: sn0man

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
how to get this case in europe ?? shipping cost from USA are crazy

Well, they said they are planning to open an EU store.

I would definitely not recommend ordering straight from US. That would subject you to expensive shipping, not only that, it is likely you would have to pay additional tax and custom duties.

When I got my Cerberus X, custom duties and taxes was around 250 dollars. The case itself was about 430 dollars including shipping. This was with upgrade of white panels, window, Chrome feet and chrome handles, Window SSD bracket. So overall 680 USD for one case.

The case is okay, it is solidly made. Not futuristic in any way, but simplistic. But when you spend that much, you start thinking if it was worth it.

You might want to wait till they get that EU store ready. I doubt that will be anytime soon. Or you could consider if you'd really want to get this case. Could be that you find a better case somewhere. Now, "better" is a subjective opinion. So could be that you will think something else is better, and that might be better in your opinion.

Reactions: al007

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Well, they said they are planning to open an EU store.

I would definitely not recommend ordering straight from US. That would subject you to expensive shipping, not only that, it is likely you would have to pay additional tax and custom duties.

When I got my Cerberus X, custom duties and taxes was around 250 dollars. The case itself was about 430 dollars including shipping. This was with upgrade of white panels, window, Chrome feet and chrome handles, Window SSD bracket. So overall 680 USD for one case.

The case is okay, it is solidly made. Not futuristic in any way, but simplistic. But when you spend that much, you start thinking if it was worth it.

You might want to wait till they get that EU store ready. I doubt that will be anytime soon. Or you could consider if you'd really want to get this case. Could be that you find a better case somewhere. Now, "better" is a subjective opinion. So could be that you will think something else is better, and that might be better in your opinion.

Tx man.

Really helpful. I want smallest possible case with possibility to shove 2x240 in any combination inside ( itx, sfx, m.2 , 1080ti mini, cpu/gpu blocks, so i dont need big space except for rads )
No way i am going to spend 600$ for a case. DA2 is also an option, but still unavailable. still searching ... it should be under 20 liters ...