Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Discussion in 'Chimera Industries' started by Aibohphobia, Feb 11, 2016.

1. jdcook

jdcook Efficiency Noob

Cheers

2. BobbyM

BobbyM Efficiency Noob

Its 16mm with a 18mm head diameter

3. TouchMyPogo

TouchMyPogo Minimal Tinkerer

Hey guys!

I was wondering if the Scythe Fuma Rev B would fit with my Asus Z370-i ITX motherboard. I Know that it usually fit with Matx boards, but I'm not quite sure if it would fit in the case with an ITX board (the socket is closer to the top of the case.)

4. giraffesinmybalcony

giraffesinmybalcony Average Stuffer

any timeframe of when we could purchase this from SFFLabs or any other websites with more affordable shipping?

5. AMv8-1day

AMv8-1day Average Stuffer

Referring to Newegg availability

See last page (274)

giraffesinmybalcony likes this.
  6. rcradiator

rcradiator Trash Compacter

It should. The VRM heatsink isn't too big here so compatibility should be fine for most tower coolers.

7. lomskat404

lomskat404 Cable Smoosher

About the EU distribution:
    Will we be able to buy parts as well or only full cases? I wouldn't mind getting a glass side panel if I didnt have to pay 70$ shipping :)

MarcParis likes this.
  8. VegetableStu

VegetableStu Shrink Way Wielder

[​IMG]

crap I'm starting to draw a spine o_o

9. MuffinCrumbs

MuffinCrumbs Cable Smoosher

You definitely don't want additional taxes and custom duties. I did, and It was almost as expensive as buying an entire additional case. I bought the case in white, some upgrades and Shipping, which was over 100 dollars.

To some point, when you purchase from abroad, and you have to pay so much even after purchasing the case, you start wondering if the case was even worth buying. Not saying it is a bad case. Starting at 250 dollars without shipping costs. It is a basic case with two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one simple on/off button. Quite simplistic and an ok build quality. Makes me wonder if one could even pay someone to do some CAD sketches, then get a complete custom made case for one's needs.

So an EU store would definitely be nice. Can't wait for the updates regarding that.

al007, Arboreal and MarcParis like this.
  10. MarcParis

MarcParis Shrink Way Wielder

Fully agree. Fingers crossed that we will have EU distributor not located in UK..:)

al007, Arboreal and VegetableStu like this.
  11. MuffinCrumbs

MuffinCrumbs Cable Smoosher

MarcParis likes this.
  12. Taswegian

Taswegian Average Stuffer

Did you discover anything interesting about these two? I'm very interested as my H100i just died and I'm just about to buy a replacement cooler.

13. MarcParis

go for swiftech apogee drive II..:):)

14. Taswegian

#5494 Taswegian, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    I'm actually tempted :)

My thinking for going air was a bit more weight reduction + fluid elimination is good for travel but my need for this is questionable now anyway.

How much clearance does the Apogee need? Currently I have SFX-L 800 on the front but maybe a future rebuild could see the monster AXi 1500 return to the back bracket. EDIT - 75mm with SFX on rear, 48mm with ATX so with Apogee at 62mm SFX is required.

WRT air coolers, any idea how Fuma compares to NH-C14S? Fuma has marginally more mass but also probably quite a bit more heatpipe to fin contact.

I presume other options like Shadow Rock TF2 or Cryorig H7 must be worse.

15. galletabah

galletabah SFF Lingo Aficionado

yes. All test at 5ghz.

c14s playing bfV 2hours, stock panel, 900 rpm max = 66 peak on cpu, 39 on gpu.

fuma, window panel, 1400 rpm with dual noctua fan = 81 peak, 44 gpu

rear 92mm and top 120 exhaust in both confg.

I returned to my c14S in a week

kignt, anoldfriend, TheHig and 2 others like this.
  16. Taswegian

Bigger margin than I was guessing.

Very helpful, thanks!

17. MarcParis

normal as C14S is used with side vented panel...more fresh air for cpu..:D:D
    Fuma and tower cpu cooler are not very suited for cerberus-x as they won't have access to fresh air.

Cherry on the top with C14S and side vented panel, you are able to setup fan as exhaust. Based on my experience with it's the best setup for gaming (ie gpu cooling) as most of hot air generated by gpu is removed from case by this 140mm fan. In this setup, cpu temperature is a bit higher but, for gaming, gpu cooling is the primary target.

anoldfriend likes this.
  18. MarceloSiciliano

MarceloSiciliano Cable Smoosher

Just finished building on the Cerberus. Whathell is wrong with that ginormous USB cable?? lol

19. MarcParis

Front USB cable is just a bonus challenge to see your skills in cable management..:D

Phuncz, anoldfriend, fabio and 2 others like this.
  20. TheHig

TheHig King of Cable Management
    Bronze Supporter

Removed mine completely due to the bottom rad partially covering the header on my mobo.

Don’t miss it much!