Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Tx man.

Really helpful. I want smallest possible case with possibility to shove 2x240 in any combination inside ( itx, sfx, m.2 , 1080ti mini, cpu/gpu blocks, so i dont need big space except for rads )
No way i am going to spend 600$ for a case. DA2 is also an option, but still unavailable. still searching ... it should be under 20 liters ...

I'm not entirely sure, because the idea is pretty new to me. But I was thinking the amount I spent, could've possibly been enough to get someone to make me a custom case. Doing CAD work and then later get the entire case made. Could probably even get someone to do CAD through Fiverr.com, for cheap. Because even the front port I/O and on/off switch on Cerberus is actually quite basic, these can be found easily on any PC mod site, or even eBay for cheap. Such project would probably not seem that expensive as one might think, and it would be all accustomed to ones individual needs.

Just a thought process...

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
+1 for a UK/European store. I've been planning on doing a build for a portable graphic design workstation for a while now and the Cerberus would fit the bill. I've been ruminating between this, the Jonsbo/Rosewill/Coolcube Maxi V4 and the Sugo SG10. While I have imported small things from the USA, I've never imported something as big as this and the costs involved do make me nervous.

I've also got two questions:
  1. Has anyone ever tried to fit a Kensington Lock on the back? I know Kensignton do kits where you can glue a plate onto the back of the case.
  2. How well does the case work as a portable desktop? I've noticed previous posts mentioning weight is an issue.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
+1 for a UK/European store. I've been planning on doing a build for a portable graphic design workstation for a while now and the Cerberus would fit the bill. I've been ruminating between this, the Jonsbo/Rosewill/Coolcube Maxi V4 and the Sugo SG10. While I have imported small things from the USA, I've never imported something as big as this and the costs involved do make me nervous.

I've also got two questions:
  1. Has anyone ever tried to fit a Kensington Lock on the back? I know Kensignton do kits where you can glue a plate onto the back of the case.
  2. How well does the case work as a portable desktop? I've noticed previous posts mentioning weight is an issue.

I can answer what I think about your second point.

I think it is quite portable. Though it doesn't stop me from being extra careful if I ever lift it. I would of course secure every part inside to the max, if I want to move around with it often. I find the chassis to be very compact. Rather, it keeps the parts and everything in, compact in a very "pressed" way. This said, when the computer was built with the Cerberus. I felt it was way heavier. Yet it wan't, because the compactness made the "newtonian force" fall more stable. Quite common with compact things. It is like comparing an UltraBook with a laptop having the same weight. Well, when thought of the compactness.

You could also get a stand for the graphics card. As somehow prevent some of the force of its weight pushing downwards, when moving the computer. Or custom make a stand. People do this sometimes. Sometimes a much heavier graphics card comes with a fan. And of course, most graphics card companies recommend to remove the graphics card when moving the computer. Assuming that would be a hassle for most people moving the computer much often than most others.

BobbyM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone. I just want to show you all my mATX Cerberus system with external water cooling. Got finished after a couple months of planning and waiting for stuff to come in. The Cerberus is housing a:

2080ti
500GB Samsung 970 Pro
16GB of RAM
Corsair SF600
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX motherboard

If anyone has any questions or criticisms regarding the build please let me know.

The only thing left to do is to mount the radiator under my office desk, rerun the tubing and clean up .

I’d like to thank Kahlin, Carla, and the rest of the Sliger team for helping me create my dream setup and for top notch customer service.

More pictures to come!

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Hello everyone. I just want to show you all my mATX Cerberus system with external water cooling. Got finished after a couple months of planning and waiting for stuff to come in. The Cerberus is housing a:

2080ti
500GB Samsung 970 Pro
16GB of RAM
Corsair SF600

If anyone has any questions or criticisms regarding the build please let me know.

The only thing left to do is to mount the radiator under my office desk, rerun the tubing and clean up .

I’d like to thank Kahlin, Carla, and the rest of the Sliger team for helping me create my dream setup and for top notch customer service.

More pictures to come!
So clean!!!

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018

2080ti
500GB Samsung 970 Pro
16GB of RAM
Corsair SF600

More pictures to come!
how did you manage to order the top panel without usb and power button cutouts?

BobbyM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2018
So clean!!!

Haha thanks man. A clean look was the primary goal. The 2nd goal was to keep the heat and dust out of the case so that it not only has a clean look, but is physically clean. The 3rd goal was to keep the system clutter free so that it’s easy to work in in the future.

BobbyM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2018
how did you manage to order the top panel without usb and power button cutouts?

It was kind of a shot in the dark really. After I placed order for the case, I emailed Sliger sales and asked if they could modify the top panel to not have the cut outs and they said yes. I was surprised but very happy. They were able to do it for me because they had an existing order for quite of bit of non-cutout top panels and they fit me into that manufacturing run. Changes to the programming in the equipment is required; so had the larger order not existed, I probably wouldn’t have been able to have the non cutout top panel made; or, it would have taken long time to have one made. If you want a top panel like this I would definitely ask them. If there is larger demand for these, they may include it as an option in the future.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
It was kind of a shot in the dark really. After I placed order for the case, I emailed Sliger sales and asked if they could modify the top panel to not have the cut outs and they said yes. I was surprised but very happy. They were able to do it for me because they had an existing order for quite of bit of non-cutout top panels and they fit me into that manufacturing run. Changes to the programming in the equipment is required; so had the larger order not existed, I probably wouldn’t have been able to have the non cutout top panel made; or, it would have taken long time to have one made. If you want a top panel like this I would definitely ask them. If there is larger demand for these, they may include it as an option in the future.
thanks for the heads up! i'll definitely ask Sliger if it could be done. it just looks so much sleeker without the usb and power buttons on top

Reactions: Iwanit

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
thanks for the heads up! i'll definitely ask Sliger if it could be done. it just looks so much sleeker without the usb and power buttons on top

+1 actually. If this can be done, i might just order now and skip Newegg. I can't find a good temp case anyway, so my hardware is just gathering dust

@KSliger are there any spare front panels from this order?

Edit: just realised this is the cerberus, I'll be ordering the cerberus X - can this be done with the X?

Last edited:

BobbyM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2018
+1 actually. If this can be done, i might just order now and skip Newegg. I can't find a good temp case anyway, so my hardware is just gathering dust

@KSliger are there any spare front panels from this order?

Edit: just realised this is the cerberus, I'll be ordering the cerberus X - can this be done with the X?

The Cerberus ATX and Cerberus uATX share the same top panel so you’re good if they have spares or large order of either

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
I also ordered custom top panels. One is unvented with USB and power button cutouts. Another one is unvented only with power button cutout.
Sliger is doing very good job with customizing the case.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We have these options available:
  1. Top panels with no USB cutouts
  2. Top panels with no power switch or USB cutouts
  3. Top panels with no vent holes (but does have USB and power switch)
Only downside is they are only available in black.

#1 and #3 will be available on the site in the near future, email our orders@sliger.com if you'd like to get one sooner!

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@KSliger hey, ive just noticed that if i choose to have the alternate colour for the top panel, the original top panel colour will not be included with the case anymore. May i know why?

Last edited:

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018

#1 and #3 will be available on the site in the near future, email our orders@sliger.com if you'd like to get one sooner!

Awesome thanks! Just put through my order - have sent an email off asking for #1. Can't wait for it to arrive!

BobbyM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2018

You guys are really about customer satisfaction over there. Can’t say I’ve had better customer service anywhere else. I will always recommend you guys.

Reactions: sn0man

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger hey, ive just noticed that if i choose to have the alternate colour for the top panel, the original top panel colour will not be included with the case anymore. May i know why?

Can purchase an alternate top color under the "parts" tab if you'd like to get both original and a different color.

Had lots of people that wanted white with black top, and wanted to save the extra few $, so we changed that to substitute top color instead of add-on.

Awesome thanks! Just put through my order - have sent an email off asking for #1. Can't wait for it to arrive!

See it, will get it out Monday - Thank you!

You guys are really about customer satisfaction over there. Can’t say I’ve had better customer service anywhere else. I will always recommend you guys.

We're also lucky our customers are just awesome (and patient!) people, and thank you!

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Can purchase an alternate top color under the "parts" tab if you'd like to get both original and a different color.

Had lots of people that wanted white with black top, and wanted to save the extra few $, so we changed that to substitute top color instead of add-on.

Ah i see, i did not notice that you did not incur extra for the alternate top panel colour instead. I was under the impression earlier that there were. A misunderstanding on my part, sorry!

by the way, may I know when other distributors will come online? It has been a while since I wanted to get a case from you but the $103 shipping price to my country is discouraging to say the least

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018

Is possible to do a fully perforated side panle?