Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Hi, I have a question. Does anybody know what are the dimensions or preferably the model of the anti-vandal switch?
I wanna swap the original with a black one.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Hi, I have a question. Does anybody know what are the dimensions or preferably the model of the anti-vandal switch?
I wanna swap the original with a black one.

Probably not much help, but this page of the thread might bring some insights: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...s-the-18l-matx-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-11

You could also ask Sliger or Chimera directly, unless you already have.

Not sure if many change the anti-vandal. But if you do, keep us up in the loop. Sounds like an interesting project.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Looks like Corsair is cramming the SFX SF750 into their new SFF workstation. Showed it off in the latest product photos.

https://www.techpowerup.com/251225/...ct-workstation-pc-alongside-one-i160-and-i140

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
Looks like Corsair is cramming the SFX SF750 into their new SFF workstation. Showed it off in the latest product photos.

https://www.techpowerup.com/251225/...ct-workstation-pc-alongside-one-i160-and-i140

Awesome - further proof that the sf750 will be unveiled at CES! :D

Specs on Corsairs website confirm it'll be 80 plus Platinum as well. If this is made available for purchase by the end of CES, I might purchase and put my build in a cheap ATX case until Cerberus X is available on newegg :D

Last edited:
Reactions: lawney and fabio

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
well, indirectly o_o it's being indirectly featured at CES in the Corsair AIO it'll be in
I'm sure it'll be there, just wont be a big talking piece. PSU's aren't really all that exciting ;)

I buy mine on amazon.it.
it arrive at 15 january
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like it's sold directly by Amazon/Corsair, and shows a release date of 8 January 2019 - first day of CES!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Just preorder on Amazon Italia. It says available from tomorrow..??? (EDIT, already said by @Iwanit)

BTW, on Corsair website there's the updated manual, and YES! It will include 2 EPS cable 4+4 and 2 PCIe Cable with a double 6+2 connector
for each!

FINALLY!!!

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I might purchase and put my build in a cheap ATX case until Cerberus X is available on newegg :D
What's the word on that anyway? I thought it was supposed to be available after the Optimum Tech deal was over months ago?
Doesn't matter personally to me, I ordered mine before the deal was over and now I've got a jerry rigged open frame PC sitting on a rolling cart until this, or the HDPLEX 400W/800W units are finally released.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Just preorder on Amazon Italia. It says available from tomorrow..??? (EDIT, already said by @Iwanit)

BTW, on Corsair website there's the updated manual, and YES! It will include 2 EPS cable 4+4 and 2 PCIe Cable with a double 6+2 connector
for each!

FINALLY!!!

In the images on the store page it looks like it will come with individually sleeved cables. One picture shows it with pure black sleeves and another shows it with black and white. That would be awesome if it actually came with corsair's sleeved cables instead of needing to buy them separately.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
In the images on the store page it looks like it will come with individually sleeved cables. One picture shows it with pure black sleeves and another shows it with black and white. That would be awesome if it actually came with corsair's sleeved cables instead of needing to buy them separately.
well, the sf600 platinum come with the sleeved one! Hope is the same!! Btw, it will arrive to me end of this week, so I will keep you updated!

Reactions: Bioforce

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Just got off the phone with Sliger; they're shipping me the missing parts from my order. Must say, very impressed. The lady on the phone even remembered my exact order from a year ago (though that's most likely because it was a one off). So I should have everything re-resetup in a couple weeks. Though, had my first learning experience with the double checking the cables. Apparently the USB cable that came with my Cerberus unit was a bit scuffed up on the port side and it ended up snagging a pin on my mobo, snapping it.... So, I have front panel high speed usb because I have more than one connection on my mobo; but no fast charging of my connected peripherals. Lesson learned :\.

Reactions: Kooki

TopQuark

What's an ITX?
Dec 29, 2018
I'm trying to figure out what kind of m.2 nvme cooling solution can fit underneath the motherboard in a Cerberus. I apologize in advance that I haven't read every page of this thread, so this question may have been asked and answered (I didn't see anything when searching this thread, so hopefully not), but I'm wondering: how much space exists between the underside of the motherboard and the inside of the exterior side panel behind it? I see the motherboard tray has a large cutout amid the standoffs, and I assume the standoffs are standard 6.4mm height. Does the side panel of the Cerberus itself sit flush against the outside of the motherboard tray, or is there any gap? How much space in total is there underneath the motherboard? Thanks all, I'm looking forward to building my Cerberus, as soon as it arrives!

Iwanit

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
What's the word on that anyway? I thought it was supposed to be available after the Optimum Tech deal was over months ago?.

Same as delays with the other cases I was developing - we had large existing customers buy out all our production capacity well past end of year. We're running 24/7 right now, I am at the limit of what we can do until new equipment is in budget.

No updates yet on NewEgg, we do have a EU distributor coming online soon. Hope to have everything worked out by March worst case for NewEgg/SFFLAB/new EU disty.

Current estimate is by March.

Reactions: AMv8-1day

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Well in any event, my SF750 is on order.
My 2nd CPU is giving me problems, so I may stick with a single 8-core Xeon until I can get in the HDPLEX internal AC-DC units and the 800W DC-ATX block. The CPU2 HSF would normally take the space dedicated to the front mount SFX, so without the 2nd CPU, I shouldn't have a problem fitting it in.
This build is dragging on a lot longer than intended, but with any luck, I'll have all of my power, CPU, and RAM issues resolved before the RTX 3070 is released. Really want to push my new 165Hz 1440p monitor but can't bring myself to waste the money on these stupid 20-series cards. Such a rip off for effectively 2yo price to performance metrics.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
I had a question.

Are any of you using a PSU that is 150 mm (W) x 200mm (L) x 86 mm (H) in Cerberus X?

I am using Corsair HX1200i 1200w, and it is 150 mm (W) x 200mm (L) x 86 mm (H).
Now, someone here might tell me it is overkill. Yes, it is. I completely agree, specially with the specs I got. But I got the PSU for a good deal, which was way less pricier than HX750i. And I guess, by wattage greed, I went for it.

Anyhow, I have the computer built. The problem now is, the cable management is horrible. There is literally a bulk of cables hanging down in a line between the PSU and the radiator, all the way to the bottom of the case. It is as thick and long as a quarter wood log. Most of the "quarter wood log" seems to be the main ATX 24 pin cable.

So on my way to this journey, I was a fool enough to purchase and use Corsair Single Sleeved White cables. The cables are gigantic. Even the stock cables are gigantic, which are regular black non sleeved. The ATX 24 pin cable alone is about 24". So the first option I could think of, was to get a custom ATX 24pin 7 to 10 inches.

Another thing to add. While building it, we were "playing" smart, by routing just some parts of the cables, to the back. Wasn't much, but it was just enough to make a little bulk at the back, so the back panel doesn't close well enough.

I am wondering, has any of you encountered the same issues? If so, how did you solve it? Any suggestions?

Specifications

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare (ATX)

CPU: i9 9900K

RAM: 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum

GFX: AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition

CPU Cooler: 280mm radiator (30mm thick) liquid AiO with two 140mm Fans (25mm thick). Installed on the front.

PSU: Corsair HX1200i 1200w ATX

Case: Cerberus X

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajax

jdcook

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2018
Back from Xmas and have my Cerberus X! I did a quick test build and discovered I'd made a few mistakes but nothing too serious. I'll post a pic once I get it tidied up a bit.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an 80mm exhaust fan? My knowledge is way out of date on those.

FInally, if you're looking for a bag to carry your Cerberus X system, these worked as an international carry on and are dirt cheap.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Back from Xmas and have my Cerberus X! I did a quick test build and discovered I'd made a few mistakes but nothing too serious. I'll post a pic once I get it tidied up a bit.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an 80mm exhaust fan? My knowledge is way out of date on those.

FInally, if you're looking for a bag to carry your Cerberus X system, these worked as an international carry on and are dirt cheap.
Appreciate the tip on the bags. Just ordered one.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

For 80mm fan, i recommend noctua standard or redux version..:)

Reactions: Nanook

jdcook

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2018
Appreciate the tip on the bags. Just ordered one.

I should also point out it's a tight fit (which I think is basically a good thing) and if you have a handle it will have to come off. Also, the handles on the bag are just cheap webbing and are painful to use for any length of time if you have soft hands like me.

Last edited: