Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
Sure this setup should be compatible with Cerberus-x except front 240aio with 25mm noctua fans as radeon vii, at least is measuring 305mm in length..:) as far as I remembered you have 329mm depth inside cerberus case.

Front radiator setup is only viable while using standard 10.5" / 26.67cm graphic cards.

Alternatives are simple :
  • Get a 120/140mm aio and keep same gpu
  • Use standard GPU length and keep 240mm front radiator

The RTX card seems it would be too big for the dimensions you've posted https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2382-KR

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The RTX card seems it would be too big for the dimensions you've posted https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2382-KR
No RTX is good for cerberus-x and front radiator.

RTX evga 2080ti is 269.83mm length.
Radiator is 30mm thick
Fans are 25mm thick

Leading to a total of 324,83...let's say 325mm.

vs 329mm case lenght/depth it's a tight fit...but it fits.

After you can ease clearance by using noctua 120mm and 15mm thick. They have been used succesfully on several crammed setup like one from @fabio

Reactions: vpri

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
No RTX is good for cerberus-x and front radiator.

RTX evga 2080ti is 269.83mm length.
Radiator is 30mm thick
Fans are 25mm thick

Leading to a total of 324,83...let's say 325mm.

vs 329mm case lenght/depth it's a tight fit...but it fits.

After you can ease clearance by using noctua 120mm and 15mm thick. They have been used succesfully on several crammed setup like one from @fabio

Thank you for the great reply! For AIO I'll probably opt for NZXT Kraken X52, which seems compatible (height wise) with the PSU. I might even go for a SFX-L PSU with a single card to start with.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018

So...i "modded" my Cerberus build and it dropped 5C on the GPU LOL

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you for the great reply! For AIO I'll probably opt for NZXT Kraken X52, which seems compatible (height wise) with the PSU. I might even go for a SFX-L PSU with a single card to start with.
If you go on sfx-l, i advice you to put it on front position.
Thus you can opt for apogee drive ii + your choice of tube and radiator..:) full customed watercooling (powerful and quiet ddc pump, efficient and copper radiator..;) in aio size..:)
Check this option with my setup..:)

I guess you can use apogee drive ii with side sfx/sfx l psu but maybe without top radiator (easy to remove)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I would like to mention several air cpu cooler from Thermalright that should be compatible with Cerberus family :
  • Silver Arrow 130 : dual tower, 120mm fan, however difficult or not yet available on market

• Silver Arrow ITX-R : 147mm tall dual tower, black nickel (i must admit, it's beautiful..;))

Silver arrow ITX-R should be similar to Syche Fuma rev B : you could mount inside Cerberus, but without side bracket.
Best orientation should be towards top of the case to exhaust hot air from gpu and cpu.

i still wonder how such 120mm dual towers cpu cooler perform vs noctua c14s, either a cpu cooler or gpu hot air exhaust..:D

If we can gather up a good number of the compatible coolers I am happy to put them as recommended on the CPU cooler part of the Cerberus spec sheet. I will start adding up ones I find.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
If you go on sfx-l, i advice you to put it on front position.
Thus you can opt for apogee drive ii + your choice of tube and radiator..:) full customed watercooling (powerful and quiet ddc pump, efficient and copper radiator..;) in aio size..:)
Check this option with my setup..:)

I guess you can use apogee drive ii with side sfx/sfx l psu but maybe without top radiator (easy to remove)

I'd prefer to use an AIO or air cooling system, custom watercooling solutions aren't for me. :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
If we can gather up a good number of the compatible coolers I am happy to put them as recommended on the CPU cooler part of the Cerberus spec sheet. I will start adding up ones I find.
Dislike most sff, there are a lot of compatible cpu cooler..:)

Maybe you should give some examples : c14s with front sfx, fuma scythe oriented to the top (intel) with front sfx psu, aio with side atx psu, etc...:)

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@KSliger when the Cerberus is available on NewEgg, will it be using their shipping? I find that NewEgg shipping rates are decent value on most things. Just hoping that the NewEgg partnership may help a little on the NZ$530 plus taxes (NZ$133) it's going to cost me to get the Cerberus I want!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger when the Cerberus is available on NewEgg, will it be using their shipping? I find that NewEgg shipping rates are decent value on most things. Just hoping that the NewEgg partnership may help a little on the NZ$530 plus taxes (NZ$133) it's going to cost me to get the Cerberus I want!

Will be using their shipping rates, so should be way better. Do not have any quotes or estimates right now, but shipping for an H200 should be around the same.