Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
They're cute.. but cat hairs in your fans is not. :p
My Cerberus-X is fully filtered, except side panel (or top panel once standing horizontally) where i have my main exhaust fan.

However no big issue from cat hair in my setup.
My worst ennemy was mainly litter particles. However i switched to litter with recyled tofu...and problem is almost solved..:)

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Good day fellow pc-enthusiasts,
I am planning a new build upgrading my not-so-fresh 4690k system end 2019 or 2020.
I am now lurking the forum quite some time and fell in love with the cerberus. Absolutely stunning case with all the possibilities for watercooling and customisation.

The sour part is the result of my price check for an order from europe, precisely germany. On top of the 250 dollar price tag (which is absolutely justified) is added a shipping fee of 100 dollars and potential import taxes.
I really like the case and might order it anyway, but I got to ask if there is any alternative way or place to order this beauty. I am not in a hurry so even new european retailers or a future shipment contract in 2020 would be very good news to me.

Cheers mates

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger when will be posible buy cerberus X on newegg?

@KSliger another week has gone by and the cerberus is not on newegg. do you mind shedding some light as to the problems with making it available through them?

Honestly at this point I don't know, they have all the information they need - but it isn't on there - and the emails say we should be up.

Will check early next week what's going on, was overwhelmed with employees out this week that getting it might have been a bad thing anyhow. Update you ASAP, eager to get going as well.

Good day fellow pc-enthusiasts,
I am planning a new build upgrading my not-so-fresh 4690k system end 2019 or 2020.
I am now lurking the forum quite some time and fell in love with the cerberus. Absolutely stunning case with all the possibilities for watercooling and customisation.

The sour part is the result of my price check for an order from europe, precisely germany. On top of the 250 dollar price tag (which is absolutely justified) is added a shipping fee of 100 dollars and potential import taxes.
I really like the case and might order it anyway, but I got to ask if there is any alternative way or place to order this beauty. I am not in a hurry so even new european retailers or a future shipment contract in 2020 would be very good news to me.

Cheers mates

We have a distributor that is a work in progress. Cerberus has to go through CE testing first, which is what we are currently waiting on. Will update when I know more.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
My Cerberus-X is fully filtered, except side panel (or top panel once standing horizontally) where i have my main exhaust fan.

However no big issue from cat hair in my setup.
My worst ennemy was mainly litter particles. However i switched to litter with recyled tofu...and problem is almost solved..:)

I was looking at filters today for my X, although I've noticed that In your post I saw that the filter link isn't working anymore. I'm curious to know if others have also used any custom filters, is there any brand / type of filter that I should look into? I don't really like the magnetic ones mentioned on Sliger's website though.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I was looking at filters today for my X, although I've noticed that In your post I saw that the filter link isn't working anymore. I'm curious to know if others have also used any custom filters, is there any brand / type of filter that I should look into? I don't really like the magnetic ones mentioned on Sliger's website though.

Look up reticulated polyurethane with PPI of 10 to 30 ppi, can cut it to size and stick it just about anywhere you want.

hsolo505

Cable Smoosher
Apr 22, 2018
Figured I'd share as well... My use-case is a little different from the other users from what I see.

My Cerberus X is an unraid server/nas and htpc/dvr for 3 TV's in the home. The 140mm Prolimatech fans turned out to be the best noise/performance fans I can fit into the case after trying various Noctua models.

A few tiny improvements since my last post that could help the community since I see another dual CPU setup..

-Vent Pattern Top Bracket for full 140mm fan placement (~1C-2C CPU improvement)
-2X2.5" drive replacement for front fan placement vs bottom (~3C-5C CPU improvement)
-Window Panel for... =)

Since my Cerberus X sits horizontally in an open-backed cabinet, this is my ideal configuration for silence/air-cooling.
Dual Xeon E5-2637v4 @ ~35C Idle, ~45-50C Normal Load

We since migrated to nVidia shields instead of HTPC VM's so unfortunately, this build will be retired.

Migrating to same unRaid NAS in short 1U chassis and adding additional network roles.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
A few tiny improvements since my last post that could help the community since I see another dual CPU setup..

-Vent Pattern Top Bracket for full 140mm fan placement (~1C-2C CPU improvement)
-2X2.5" drive replacement for front fan placement vs bottom (~3C-5C CPU improvement)
-Window Panel for... =)

Since my Cerberus X sits horizontally in an open-backed cabinet, this is my ideal configuration for silence/air-cooling.
Dual Xeon E5-2637v4 @ ~35C Idle, ~45-50C Normal Load

We since migrated to nVidia shields instead of HTPC VM's so unfortunately, this build will be retired.

Migrating to same unRaid NAS in short 1U chassis and adding additional network roles.
Very true that arm based mobile phone OS is killing competition for htpc, especially with video (and not video games, at least for not casual gamers..;)) streaming services.

I'm sure this retirement won't last for ever. Cerberus-x is quite resourceful..;)

Good point that your Cerberus was standing horizontally...like mine..:)

pollymath

Efficiency Noob
Jun 13, 2017
Can a 3.5" HDD be mounted on the hinge bracket with the plug facing up (or down)?

I wish Sliger had a PDF with all of the dimensions of various components.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Can a 3.5" HDD be mounted on the hinge bracket with the plug facing up (or down)?

I wish Sliger had a PDF with all of the dimensions of various components.

Working on something for this, hope to have it done by end of the week.

Will also be making a super-stripped down model of the case to help people with 3D layouts.

@KSliger Very interested in seeing the Cerberus on Newegg. Thanks for the hard work getting it out there!

Apologies it's moving so slow, we're waiting on them to add our custom values to their database before we can upload.

Hello there, does anyone know if there is a new coupon code for the cerberus?

No plans for any coupons until maybe November.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@KSliger I may have found a good idea for Cerberus/Cerberus-X rev 2.0.

Cooler Master has just released its Masterbox Q500L (33.8L), that is reinforcing competition on low volume ATX MB case.
However there is one key feature that is terrific : you can place your psu wherever you want on perforated panels with a specific bracket.

Thus it will be great for Cerberus case to get this freedom of PSU location by creating a new SFX or ATX PSU bracket that could fit on infinite vents.

What do you think about this feature?

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I'll be the first to say I'll get that in a heartbeat, LOL

EDIT: I think the reference length GPUs are slightly longer than the one used here? got those from PCIe's mechanical spec PDF

(otherwise I'd be looking at coolermaster to see if they sell that part as spares, although from what I can gather their spare parts store doesn't serve my area ,_,)

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

EDIT: I think the reference length GPUs are slightly longer than the one used here? got those from PCIe's mechanical spec PDF

(otherwise I'd be looking at coolermaster to see if they sell that part as spares, although from what I can gather their spare parts store doesn't serve my area ,_,)

Are there any width worries, particularly for the cable plugs into the PSU, in that orientation?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
a bit too close for comfort for SFX-L (bent cables at the socket), but if we're going for SFX It's more than enough o_o (I'm planning to stick the Commander Pro behind it, LOL)

(also yeah I'll be switching PSUs to Corsair's SX750 Platinium by the time I upgrade. Unless Silverstone manages to one-up in time ,_,)

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

That's an interesting psu setup. Definitely a new bracket for sfx/sfx-l that holds on infinite vents seems to be a very good idea.

Do you think that psu extension cable will be long enough to reach rear C14 bracket?

a bit too close for comfort for SFX-L (bent cables at the socket), but if we're going for SFX It's more than enough o_o (I'm planning to stick the Commander Pro behind it, LOL)

hang on, firing up illustrator

(also yeah I'll be switching PSUs to Corsair's SX750 Platinium by the time I upgrade. Unless Silverstone manages to one-up in time ,_,)
You mean that you will place commander mini in front of psu exhaust side?..:D

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Do you think that psu extension cable will be long enough to reach rear C14 bracket?
haven't tried yet o_o although I'd imagine it'll probably be a straight diagonal line downwards from the cutout to the PSU (which means a longer extender might be required)

I cut a hole in my PCIe cover though, so for my case it's solved

that being said, if the PSU's mounted at the bottom (over the final two PCIe slots) there should be enough slack to tidy or straighten it