Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

TouchMyPogo

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2018
Hey guys!

I was wondering if the Scythe Fuma Rev B would fit with my Asus Z370-i ITX motherboard. I Know that it usually fit with Matx boards, but I'm not quite sure if it would fit in the case with an ITX board (the socket is closer to the top of the case.)

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys!

I was wondering if the Scythe Fuma Rev B would fit with my Asus Z370-i ITX motherboard. I Know that it usually fit with Matx boards, but I'm not quite sure if it would fit in the case with an ITX board (the socket is closer to the top of the case.)
It should. The VRM heatsink isn't too big here so compatibility should be fine for most tower coolers.

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
About the EU distribution:
Will we be able to buy parts as well or only full cases? I wouldn't mind getting a glass side panel if I didnt have to pay 70$ shipping :)

Reactions: MarcParis

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

crap I'm starting to draw a spine o_o

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
About the EU distribution:
Will we be able to buy parts as well or only full cases? I wouldn't mind getting a glass side panel if I didnt have to pay 70$ shipping :)

You definitely don't want additional taxes and custom duties. I did, and It was almost as expensive as buying an entire additional case. I bought the case in white, some upgrades and Shipping, which was over 100 dollars.

To some point, when you purchase from abroad, and you have to pay so much even after purchasing the case, you start wondering if the case was even worth buying. Not saying it is a bad case. Starting at 250 dollars without shipping costs. It is a basic case with two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one simple on/off button. Quite simplistic and an ok build quality. Makes me wonder if one could even pay someone to do some CAD sketches, then get a complete custom made case for one's needs.

So an EU store would definitely be nice. Can't wait for the updates regarding that.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
You definitely don't want additional taxes and custom duties. I did, and It was almost as expensive as buying an entire additional case. I bought the case in white, some upgrades and Shipping, which was over 100 dollars.

To some point, when you purchase from abroad, and you have to pay so much even after purchasing the case, you start wondering if the case was even worth buying. Not saying it is a bad case. Starting at 250 dollars without shipping costs. It is a basic case with two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one simple on/off button. Quite simplistic and an ok build quality. Makes me wonder if one could even pay someone to do some CAD sketches, then get a complete custom made case for one's needs.

So an EU store would definitely be nice. Can't wait for the updates regarding that.
Fully agree. Fingers crossed that we will have EU distributor not located in UK..:)

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
go for swiftech apogee drive II..:):)

I'm actually tempted :)

My thinking for going air was a bit more weight reduction + fluid elimination is good for travel but my need for this is questionable now anyway.

How much clearance does the Apogee need? Currently I have SFX-L 800 on the front but maybe a future rebuild could see the monster AXi 1500 return to the back bracket. EDIT - 75mm with SFX on rear, 48mm with ATX so with Apogee at 62mm SFX is required.

WRT air coolers, any idea how Fuma compares to NH-C14S? Fuma has marginally more mass but also probably quite a bit more heatpipe to fin contact.

I presume other options like Shadow Rock TF2 or Cryorig H7 must be worse.

Last edited:

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
yes. All test at 5ghz.

c14s playing bfV 2hours, stock panel, 900 rpm max = 66 peak on cpu, 39 on gpu.

fuma, window panel, 1400 rpm with dual noctua fan = 81 peak, 44 gpu

rear 92mm and top 120 exhaust in both confg.

I returned to my c14S in a week

Bigger margin than I was guessing.

Very helpful, thanks!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Bigger margin than I was guessing.

Very helpful, thanks!
normal as C14S is used with side vented panel...more fresh air for cpu..:D:D
Fuma and tower cpu cooler are not very suited for cerberus-x as they won't have access to fresh air.

Cherry on the top with C14S and side vented panel, you are able to setup fan as exhaust. Based on my experience with it's the best setup for gaming (ie gpu cooling) as most of hot air generated by gpu is removed from case by this 140mm fan. In this setup, cpu temperature is a bit higher but, for gaming, gpu cooling is the primary target.

Reactions: anoldfriend

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Removed mine completely due to the bottom rad partially covering the header on my mobo.

Don’t miss it much!