Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Ion23

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2018
Hi. I just purchased the Cerberus. Was wondering if anyone used the side bracket for exhaust? How effective is that? I ordered the atx Psu option, so rear exhaust is not an option for me.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I tried this, too! It's a perfect fit, but pretty noisy for the small amount of air it moves.
I used a Prolimatech 140mm x 15mm fan in there and I also swapped it out because of the noise. The Noctua NF-A12x15 is a much better fit as it doesn't overlap the opening and it doesn't make any noise audible over my other components.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A good type of double-sided adhesive is 3M VHB, which they have in different widths and material colors (including translucent). It's an insanely strong adhesion and can be removed without leaving residue.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
yeah the closest thing I could find is those 3M VHB 5906 spools. couldn't get it to appear on my local online shops, and amazon says it'd take 2-4 weeks to ship(?!) ,_,

I might bite it now ,_, but I'll build it while it ships anyway. the panel will look to be missing two strips (but who keeps track of those in videos anyway o_o)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi. I just purchased the Cerberus. Was wondering if anyone used the side bracket for exhaust? How effective is that? I ordered the atx Psu option, so rear exhaust is not an option for me.

I used a Prolimatech 140mm x 15mm fan in there and I also swapped it out because of the noise. The Noctua NF-A12x15 is a much better fit as it doesn't overlap the opening and it doesn't make any noise audible over my other components.
Nothing to add on @Phuncz comment. I’m using a side bracket exhaust since almost one year (August 2017) on my pre production cerberus-x.
Best fan is a square 140x25mm. I’ve put a noctua nf-a12x15 in order to fit my watercooling hoses...and it’s ok also.

Ion23

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2018
Nothing to add on @Phuncz comment. I’m using a side bracket exhaust since almost one year (August 2017) on my pre production cerberus-x.
Best fan is a square 140x25mm. I’ve put a noctua nf-a12x15 in order to fit my watercooling hoses...and it’s ok also.
Thanks. Is there a difference in temps with and without the side exhaust?

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
another fluff post while preliminary testing fan fittings:
let's trigger gamersnexus, LOL
I was planning on modding it like my Evolv Shift which additionally gives it 18mm of extra space after you account for losing the infiniti-vent and the extra 15mm of space between the infini-vent to the front. This gives great airflow for such an airflow restricted case like the Evolv Shift with front airflow side openings only half as big as the Cerberus X's.

Reactions: VegetableStu

BigBlackG

Cable Smoosher
Mar 14, 2018
I do have a green X left if want that?

I decided to go with the Slate. Just pulled the trigger. Now I'll have a few tops to swap around for different looks :)

I'll mount the slate top on the green Cerberus and the black top on the slate X.

-hopefully I'll get all the screws this time :p

Reactions: KSliger

mrshibx

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2017
I put my order in for a black X, vented/vented with handle and ATX a few days ago.

Going to transfer my existing and ancient mATX i7 4790k build into this case and see about upgrading to threadripper 2 toward the end of the year.

I've never spent even half of what this costs on a case before, really looking forward to it.

Reactions: KSliger

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
I've never spent even half of what this costs on a case before, really looking forward to it.

Hopefully you will be happy, I have owned several high-end cases, Ncase M1, BeQuiet DarkBase 900 Pro, among some, but the capacity, design, and quality of Cerberus X (and non X) is amazing, I'm super satisfied with my case and Sliger are easy to work with and very helpful. To have the opportunity for a X399 or X299 system in 19,5L case is out of this world.

Reactions: sn0man and KSliger

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
That’s great advice. Thanks. Is there room to mount fans at the top?
Yes you can put a slim 120mm fan on top mount (included with handle pack). However, on my setup, my top exhasut fan is a bit useless as 90% of hot air is exhausted by side exhaust fan..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys, thinking of getting the Cerberus X, do you know what measurements I would need for custom cables?
What type of psu and where do you think you will put it? Sfx? Sfx-l? Atx? Front or rear mount?..:)

After it should also depend on motherboard.

Customed cables are almost mandatory for rear ATX psu.
For sfx / sfx-l, provided cables are short one and are ok to start.

Icytundra

Minimal Tinkerer
May 13, 2018
What type of psu and where do you think you will put it? Sfx? Sfx-l? Atx? Front or rear mount?..:)

I'm rear mounting with an EVGA g3, so ATX with an Asus rog strix x370-f motherboard.

Reactions: Biowarejak

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
@KSliger i gotta minor bug report:
flathead screw interferes with 2.5" disk on the front SFX PSU mount

minor workaround would be to shorten that screw, but I probably would only do that if I'm populating the upper disk slot