Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

hiepphotog

Caliper Novice
Feb 2, 2016
So I lied when I said I can't put the pump and everything inside the Cerberus if I want to have my 3.5" HDD. More like my inexperience... After switching to Alphacool elbows instead of using the hardware store copper elbows, I can squeeze everything in with some breathing room. I'm using the 280GTS radiator for the case and I wouldn't recommend it at this size. The radiator can fit at the bottom, but the pins can't go in fully.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So I lied when I said I can't put the pump and everything inside the Cerberus if I want to have my 3.5" HDD. More like my inexperience... After switching to Alphacool elbows instead of using the hardware store copper elbows, I can squeeze everything in with some breathing room. I'm using the 280GTS radiator for the case and I wouldn't recommend it at this size. The radiator can fit at the bottom, but the pins can't go in fully.

Sorry can you relink your image, i can’t see them all..:)

hiepphotog

Caliper Novice
Feb 2, 2016
Is that the Hardware Labs 280GTS you've got in there?

Also, is the front panel flat? Not talking about the part that curves but the middle part. As I want to mod the front panel to have a 120mm hole to get better airflow than just the side panels.
Yes, it is the 280gts and yes the front panel is flat.

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
I purchased my case on Thursday. Can anyone tell me when I expect it to be shipped? The page says 1-2 business days to ship and the FAQ says 3 days to deliver to the mid-USA. I've sent a message to @KSliger already.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
did you order yours with a window panel? there might be a lead time on that

either way try emailing them if you need to. sales@sliger.com if i remember right (check their website for the email address. have your order number ready)

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
did you order yours with a window panel? there might be a lead time on that

either way try emailing them if you need to. sales@sliger.com if i remember right (check their website for the email address. have your order number ready)
I opt'd not to get the Window panel after a whole day of thinking and asking people since it all it would show is the radiator and fans. Non-windowed looked more professional (if you can call it that).

I will give their website CS email a shot too. Thanks.

I ordered Pearl White, Vented + Vented, Black handle, and ATX PSU Mount if that affects anything.

edit: Received e-mail back that they were having USB 3.0 front header delays.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

BigBlackG

Cable Smoosher
Mar 14, 2018
I have a green Cerberus case for my Threadripper Plex server and now I'm looking for a X for my Ryzen 1700. I'm just so torn between white and slate.

Anyone who has seen both in person can give me their insight?

Last edited:
Reactions: tedlas

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
I have a green Cerberus case for my Threadripper Plex server and now I'm looking for a X for my Ryzen 1700. I'm just so torn between white and slate.

Generally, black fits all. White goes with basically nothing but the contrast between everything black and the 1 white PC makes it look classy and makes it look like a centerpiece. The grey would have to be very situational for it to not look out of place. That just IMO based on general color consensus. Have not seen it in real life.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Do you guys think some epoxy would secure the little nubs that lock the side panels in place? If I can secure them, I should be able to attach a glass panel instead of acrylic.

Also, do the 3.5 hdd cages come with a way to attach them to the chassis? I have small screws, bigger screw, and the rubber grommets but I don't know how they're supposed to lock it down...

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

I do have a green X left if want that?

Help. I dont understand how to connect the power and reset. Dont know which is which, or which orientation +/-.

Apologies I need to get this into build guide - the black/red is LED if I recall right.

Do you guys think some epoxy would secure the little nubs that lock the side panels in place? If I can secure them, I should be able to attach a glass panel instead of acrylic.

Also, do the 3.5 hdd cages come with a way to attach them to the chassis? I have small screws, bigger screw, and the rubber grommets but I don't know how they're supposed to lock it down...

On the Cerberus page one of the build guides has HDD instructions, or just email I can send it. HDD bracket should mount to vent pattern with 4x M3x6 shiny zinc small screws. 632 truss heads are for the HDDs.

jsco

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2016
that would certainly help with the airflow. i wonder if just using a 120mm fan would be better, though.

I ended up just using a noctua nf-b9 on the rear for exhaust. makes a bigger difference than that top fan did, and relatively quiet.

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
sketched out directly on the frame, and I think I might just leave that be ._. there might be a lot of flex on the parallel bits if i cut out the aperture
(I'll be leaving the markings there too, LOL)

we'll see. if the next system I'm able to fit a 120x25mm fan in it I might forgo that mod completely

Reactions: jsco