Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
So o mounted one of my sata SSD behind the psu
That’s air conditioning...:)
What about dust filters?..:)

Ya I have to pick some still. As it turns out though, one of my sata ssds fits behind the PSU no problem, but a second will not mount with the 140mm fan in the front because the power connector is slightly on the way. I might ditch the front fan, then switch the CPU fan to take air in and have the one exhaust. Going to have to play with it. Definitely need the bottom filtered though.

rapscallione

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 29, 2017
About to purchase a Cerberus-X, and wanted to confirm- is there anyway to mount 3.5 drives without purchasing the brackets separately? If yes, how many can be mounted?

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
About to purchase a Cerberus-X, and wanted to confirm- is there anyway to mount 3.5 drives without purchasing the brackets separately? If yes, how many can be mounted?

The specs page mentions mounting points for 2x 2.5" drives on the base chassis.
There is no mention of mounting points for 3.5" drives so I presume you need the optional bracket.
The vent system and hinged side bracket provide a lot of options for mounting locations so the number you can mount mostly depends on what you're packing in and how you're configuring.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Since this chassis doesn't waste space with cavities dedicated to cable management it will obviously benefit enormously from custom cables of exact length.

Does anyone have favorite vendors for custom cables (or kits) they care to share?

I've noticed CableMod's advertising from time to time but no idea how their pricing & quality rank

Reactions: Biowarejak

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
How kabuto ii is performing?

About a 40°C delta for the CPU. Noctua NF-F12 fan on standard Silent profile, stock Ryzen 1800X settings.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

About a 40°C delta for the CPU. Noctua NF-F12 fan on standard Silent profile, stock Ryzen 1800X settings.
Thanks a lot!

Honest number. Noctua c14s with dual 140mm seems more powerful...but with my dual ppc fan @2000, sure it was much louder. (More expensive too)

Reactions: Phuncz