Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Anyone have any size comparison pictures of the Cerberus vs other popular ITX cases, like the NCase?
vs Node 202

Reactions: gunpalcyril

Ambushes

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2017
Thanks guys, very helpful.
Also, forgive me for these questions but I don't have the time to look through all these pages; is the windowed side panel still in the works?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Is there anyone in the Netherlands who can comment the USPS delivery tracking?

My Cerb X was supposedly delivered today but nothing arrived and no "missed you" delivery note (someone was home the whole time too)

Hoping the 'delivered' status might just be an artifact of the handover to Dutch domestic post or whoever does the final leg but I'd love to know what other saw as it's worrying to see that status and no goods.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Is there anyone in the Netherlands who can comment the USPS delivery tracking?

My Cerb X was supposedly delivered today but nothing arrived and no "missed you" delivery note (someone was home the whole time too)

Hoping the 'delivered' status might just be an artifact of the handover to Dutch domestic post or whoever does the final leg but I'd love to know what other saw as it's worrying to see that status and no goods.
Usps should use your national post company.

Simply call them and use usps tracker number in their tracker system.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Usps should use your national post company.

Simply call them and use usps tracker number in their tracker system.

I will, but best I can tell the USPS tracking number isn't a valid format for post.nl and USPS tracking hasn't passed back a local tracking reference.

aneasyusername

Cable Smoosher
Dec 27, 2017
I'm planning on upgrading/moving my current system to a Cerberus case in the near future and I'm trying to get the parts ready. I looked around and while I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, I can't find the dimensions for the fan that would sit on the grill of the rear plate when using the SFX internal mount. Would I be correct in assuming it's 92mm?

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
I will, but best I can tell the USPS tracking number isn't a valid format for post.nl and USPS tracking hasn't passed back a local tracking reference.
As far as I know tracking stops once the package leaves USPS' hands. I'm in Canada and have stuff shipped here with USPS often and I've never been able to use the tracking number once it gets to the border.

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
I'm planning on upgrading/moving my current system to a Cerberus case in the near future and I'm trying to get the parts ready. I looked around and while I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, I can't find the dimensions for the fan that would sit on the grill of the rear plate when using the SFX internal mount. Would I be correct in assuming it's 92mm?

Yes, 92mm

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I’m sorry. In France, usps number is usable for french post.

After, it’s sure your nl post will know usps number when you will call them..:)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
USPS delivers to PostNL as someone already mentioned. You could try with this link: https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search

But if all else fails, you need to contact PostNL. It might take a while for them to process and ship it. In the past when I used USPS to Belgium I had to wait 4-5 weeks because customs didn't have the correct paperwork (every single time...) and they didn't contact me. I had to contact them to find out it was being withheld because of this. But since it's the holiday season, it might be very busy for them.

For those reasons is why I choose FedEx and have received my Cerberus yesterday !

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
USPS delivers to PostNL as someone already mentioned. You could try with this link: https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search

But if all else fails, you need to contact PostNL. It might take a while for them to process and ship it. In the past when I used USPS to Belgium I had to wait 4-5 weeks because customs didn't have the correct paperwork (every single time...) and they didn't contact me. I had to contact them to find out it was being withheld because of this. But since it's the holiday season, it might be very busy for them.

For those reasons is why I choose FedEx and have received my Cerberus yesterday !
What a news..eager to see your setup..:)

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Marc, Phuncz, Chann3l, thanks all for you input. I did finally get a notice from PostNL today about collection from their local depot so much more relaxed now.

A Dutch owner that I direct messaged also elaborated about the need to pay import duties etc on collection which was very helpful.

Torture waiting a few more weeks as I'm out of the country, looking forward to the rebuild when I get back.

Some great builds showing up here already.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Marc, Phuncz, Chann3l, thanks all for you input. I did finally get a notice from PostNL today about collection from their local depot so much more relaxed now.

A Dutch owner that I direct messaged also elaborated about the need to pay import duties etc on collection which was very helpful.

Torture waiting a few more weeks as I'm out of the country, looking forward to the rebuild when I get back.

Some great builds showing up here already.
Good to hear...:)
Keep us informed..:)