Years ago, the SFF community waited with bated breath for the ASRock DeskMini A300. With AMD APU support, it offered a better balance than Intel chips between the CPU and GPU. This SFF Gem was the ideal Deskmini, and the SFF Network community rallied around it by creating custom 3D printed casesBIOS updates, and more.
Now, the times have changed and AMD’s AM5 platform has arrived. Again, the SFF community waited. It felt like ages but ASRocks X600 DeskMini is finally here.
Asrock was kind enough to send a sample unit to Small Form Factor Network for testing and review. No review guidance was...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
There are no cooling restrictions for a M-STX board if you use an Akasa case. And 180W settings are not new, my H470M-STX had them too.
That case looks suspiciously useful if you were to mod a dual-slot GPU in there. Although maybe it's too thin :(

• Haha
Reactions: HydrAxx747

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
Hi,

I saw in a picture on heise.de that the x600 chip can provide 28 PCIe5 lanes in conjunction with a suitable CPU. Does anyone know why I can't use it on this board? The pcie x16 slot is only pcie4 in the specs.

direkt link to the picture:

Yes, per your linked article, Zen4 has 28x PCIe5.0 lanes on the onboard IO controller

1727446025226.png

So I mean it's theoretically possible, but I'm not sure you'll ever see it happen, it would depend on how board manufacturers design the PCB in terms of physical/electrical/signal performance but more importantly how they would be able to market it and actually make money. I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant to this board, however, as there's no x16 slot anyway - only 2x M.2 slots (one of each 5.0 and 4.0)

Reactions: HydrAxx747