Prebuilt [SFFn] ASRock's DeskMini A300 - Finally!

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
I got the same BIOS last year from ASRock but they also wrote:
Also, Deskmini A300 series will not support CPU later than Picasso CPU.

I couldn't test it with newer CPUs. But the additional note didn't sound promising.

SquareBear

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 22, 2024
Well I took the plunge and upgraded from 3.71A to 3.70E...

And it's bricked. I'm guessing it's similar to the issues people were having switching from some of the earlier beta bioses to 3.71A. I should have really downgraded to an earlier BIOS before I upgraded, oh well!

Unless it was just a bad transfer, the progress bar only got to 40% before it said it was successful and to reboot, can't remember if that's normal from previous attempts.

Now, I've ordered a X300 and will try to fix the A300 at a later date and sell it on, perhaps this was Asrock's plan all along?

• Wow
Reactions: HydrAxx747

tomek

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 24, 2024
Upgrade from 3.60U to 3.70E went fine.
But you can't save any settings within bios, if you do so you'll get soft brick and cmos reset is needed (by unplugging cmos battery from motherboard)

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
Well I took the plunge and upgraded from 3.71A to 3.70E...

And it's bricked. I'm guessing it's similar to the issues people were having switching from some of the earlier beta bioses to 3.71A. I should have really downgraded to an earlier BIOS before I upgraded, oh well!

Unless it was just a bad transfer, the progress bar only got to 40% before it said it was successful and to reboot, can't remember if that's normal from previous attempts.

Now, I've ordered a X300 and will try to fix the A300 at a later date and sell it on, perhaps this was Asrock's plan all along?
What processor model are you using?