News ASRock Readies Next-Gen DeskMini & DeskMeet PCs With AMD X600 & Intel B760 Motherboards

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
Why shouldn't we believe them? Even CPUs that officially aren't supported like the 7800X3D work without any issues
I totally agree with you, APU/CPU with TDP higher than 65W can perfectly work in "ECO-Mode 65W" and even beyond by activating the PBO, the whole thing being to remain reasonable, personally I avoid exceeding the 170~180W of PPT consumption because we only have 6 VRM phases of 50A on the X600M-STX motherboard of which only 4 of them are really dedicated to the CCD load so in order to avoid having them burnt/overheated and even at this level of consumption, I recommend using something other than the original chassis (which is unfortunately not very ventilated) like an AKASA Cypher ST for example which allows the installation of a 50mm side fan (and up to 38mm deep without disturbing other components) and small bonus there is a "RESET" button compatible with the header of the X600 mobo.

For my part I was lucky enough to be able to get a 3D printed "Lander 55" case (designated by "msystems") via J-HACK at the time when they were selling them, and I had chosen the option to install a 120mm fan fully open on the hood above the mobo so all the components are extremely well ventilated with a Silverstone Air Slimmer 120 ARGB fan (64cfm max and up to 2.4mmH2O static pressure) so I'm pretty relaxed😅 in terms of heating.