Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

SirBuckNasty

Case Bender
New User
Oct 9, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I got my email that my Velka 7 will be shipping out and I'm super excited. Been rocking a Phanteks enthoo evolve itx for too long.

I'm also interested if the EVGA 3080 XC3 will fit in the Velka 7. I found this reddit post with a bunch of measurements of the card. I hope this helps answer some questions.

KidWeaBoo

Average Stuffer
Dec 12, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I got my email that my Velka 7 will be shipping out and I'm super excited. Been rocking a Phanteks enthoo evolve itx for too long.

I'm also interested if the EVGA 3080 XC3 will fit in the Velka 7. I found this reddit post with a bunch of measurements of the card. I hope this helps answer some questions.

TBH it doesn't really help me at all until it's installed in a case.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Maybe make a Velka 9 sometime? Supporting a 240mm AIO for under 9L (Maybe something like the LytCase Rogue)?

There are some cases with liquid cooling support in the works but it's too early to reveal any details on them.

It won't be a guaranteed fit because it exceeds the specified width by about 2-3 mm. You can mount the side panel 4 mm away from the body of the case and then there is a chance that it might fit but it will be a very tight fit if it does.

Looks like I just missed out on the pre-order :( When do you think the Velka's 7 will be back in stock?

In a few days, I just need to make some preparations before accepting more orders. There will be an exact time posted at least 2 days in advance on the website.

Reactions: SirBuckNasty

wewe

Case Bender
New User
Jul 9, 2020
Got the velka 7 yesterday, just some observations:

I got all countersunk m3 screws, had to source the 'rounded' ones myself.

I wasn't able to flip my sf600 plat around to take in air from the GPU as the bracket (with the singular 2.5in ssd) obstructs the 24pin port on the PSU. Doable once bracket is removed.

The riser cable and ribbon cables required alot of force, but I didn't feel like it'll break with the double fold. I did however feel uncomfortable pushing the entire mobo/GPU contraption into the case tho, as the bracket 'resting' on the PSU to be wriggled into place, scraping the PSU in the process.

My mobo (gigabyte B450I wifi) looked like it would clear the height for the front panel, until I added the 24pin cable and figured out what everyone's talking about. Snipped that retention piece of plastic off and no one's the wiser. Can I get into the list for the updated panels too?

Since I don't have usbc, I was thinking about adding one of these (19/20pin to usbc) adaptor, and plugging it into the lowest (blocked hole) for the display cables. Unfortunately that (blocked) hole has the same 27mm screw spacing that the other holes have, though it is only 15-16mm long compared to the other's 18-19mm.

Lastly, I wasn't able to flip the front panel. The bracket surrounding the power switch intrudes into the mobo/GPU bracket at the top (velka7 manual pg15, vertical piece right of top-left screws) However, there's a possibility that I misaligned something and prevented the front intrusion from clearing, as I wasn't too sure if there should be room in-between the top panel and the mobo/GPU bracket, and settled for top panel - bracket - front intrusion before screwing it in with the powerbutton on the bottom.

Took some repeated unscrewing to realign things, minor complaints really, but the end result is glorious, thanks Micheal! Oh, there's this one clear stretchy ring piece that came in the pouch with the power button... what do I do with that?

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
I was in on the September pre-order and received my Velka 7 today! Some thoughts:

The case is sturdier than I thought it would be. The edges/corners having the steel poles is awesome, they definitely make this thing feel solid. The powdercoating/painting or whatever on the side panels is pretty nice, but one of mine had a few tiny imperfections. You can feel them if you run a hand over it, like some small bumps/sharp points sticking up. You can't actually spot them without running your hand over first to locate their exact spot, then looking very closely. Overall the cosmetics of the case are VERY good. Having owned the NFC S4M Classic and the Skyreach 4 Mini, I can say this one is closer to the S4M Classic in build quality/attention to detail than the Skyreach, but still I am very pleased!

I expected building in this thing to be very difficult based on some other peoples' posts. I can say that was not true at all. I built the whole thing in just 1.5 hours, and that includes disassembling my Skyreach 4 Mini.

I am using a Zotac 1660 TI Amp video card for now until more cards are in stock. It is short enough for the SSD's to fit under the video card. I placed 2x 3.84TB Samsung SSD's there(a 3rd can fit if you wanted) and a 5TB 2.5 HDD on the other bracket. I noticed that you could technically add another 2.5 drive on the other side of the bracket(middle of case side). There are no mounting points and this compatibility would depend on your PSU(because where the modular connections are). This could be advantageous for anyone who wanted to have some MAJOR storage in a small case like this. I run a 2TB M.2 NVME for boot drive, but imagine putting a 2x M.2 / 1x thick 5TB 2.5 HDD / 4x slim 4TB SSD's....... You could literally have like a 25+TB build if desired. Maybe there could be a small revision in the future to add mounting holes for this config.

I really wish the PCI adapter had a way of folding a little bit flatter, but I can say it's definitely durable. I bent mine very flat with the double bend(wish there was a way to do a single bend) and it held up just fine. Very solid piece honestly, just wish it could be flatter, as it puts pressure on the backplate of the video card and makes it closer to the side panel than it really has to be. Maybe an adapter like the one that comes in the refreshed Ghost S1 will be a future swap/test for me, because I think that one would be a little slimmer(since you can twist the individual wires). I however don't know if the mounting holes line up. Once that case comes in, I'll do some testing.

When it comes to routing the Displayport/HDMI connections, I recommend folding the displayport ones downward and under the connection, and the HDMI upward and over the connection. That won't make sense until the case is in your hands, but once you see the DP ports stick up far enough to fold under the connection, you'll understand. This made my top ventilation actually functional. Still only slightly though.

When securing the video card, the flip out tab that you fold back to secure the card in place was weird. It felt super janky at first, and I didn't like that technically the screw holding it in gets loose when you rotate it to secure the video card. However, once it's flipped back in place, it secures the card very well, and lined up perfectly. I believe if this piece was held on with a rivet or screwed from the other side that would be better. Some kind of attachment that would allow it to rotate freely. Simply because I had to tighten the screw back up by holding the threads with needle nose. You have to do it that way because the screw head is covered by the MOBO which you install first.

My case front panel is currently not closed, because I have an Aorus X570I Pro WiFi. I can't get it to close and I don't want to cut my cables, so I will reach out to Michael to see if I can get one of the new front panels.

The front panel button is amazing. Great tactile feel and nice illumination while being super slim.

I will probably get custom cables for this in the future, but even if you don't want to spend the money, there is plenty of deadspace in the bottom front of the case to tuck away all the extra and not affect airflow at all.

Overall, I absolutely love it. It is my new favorite SFF case for sure. I mean overall I think my NCASE M1 is still the greatest case of all time, but this is less than half that size with very good compatibility. The quality is great at this price, especially for a low production case. The vertical standing orientation makes this case an absolutely amazing design that takes up very little space. It's like an NZXT H1 but not gigantic hahaha! Also the black ridge cooler, with a fan UNDERNEATH runs quieter than my Skyreach 4 Mini. Incredible job Michael not only on the design of the case, but with communication/delivering a product that exceeded expectations!

Specs:
Aorus X570I Pro
Ryzen 3700X (Going to swap to 5950X in the future)
Alpenfohn Black Ridge Cooler with Noctua Slim 120MM Fan below (intake orientation)
32GB 3600MHz CL17 VLP RAM
Zotac 1660 TI AMP
Corsair SF750
Samsung M.2 2TB
2x Samsung 3.84TB SSD's
Seagate 5TB HDD

Reactions: Skarum

jace98

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 6, 2020
Would any of the revision for the velka 3 be added by the next expected release or is it more for rev 2.5/3?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@wewe
Front panel: I'll add you to a list to contact when these are ready. Also, the front panel can only be flipped in the Velka 3, not the 5 or 7
The clear stretchy ring is unused. It's only useful for installation into thinner panels

Any idea when the custom black Enhance ENP-7660B 600W PSU will be available and whether or not it will be accessible to non-Velka users?

Around December-January and yes, the plan is to make it available as a separate item without the case

Would any of the revision for the velka 3 be added by the next expected release or is it more for rev 2.5/3?

The next release that's expected around December-January is still rev 2.0. The "suggested revisions" up there are just ideas, realistically speaking, the design is going to change very slowly

cathedral

Case Bender
New User
Oct 24, 2020
@VELKASE Michael Hi Michael, I'm sorry if this information was already stated elsewhere, but when is the expected shipping window for Velka 7s, Velka 5s etc. that were ordered during the restock that happened on the 23rd? I'd just like to know if

Also, when I ordered just a few seconds after the restock opened, the order button said "pre-order", but I saw it later became "add to cart". Did I jump the gun, or wiWill there be any issues

cathedral

Case Bender
New User
Oct 24, 2020
I fat-fingered the reply button. I meant to say that I just wanted to know when to expect it so that I won't be out of town when it ships and so that I can plan out the ordering of miscellaneous parts that I still need to buy. I ordered a Velka 7.

Thank you!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I fat-fingered the reply button. I meant to say that I just wanted to know when to expect it so that I won't be out of town when it ships and so that I can plan out the ordering of miscellaneous parts that I still need to buy. I ordered a Velka 7.

Thank you!

Shipping this Monday. The button wrongly said "pre-order" during the first 10 or so minutes.

fahrezialwi

Case Bender
New User
Oct 1, 2020
Just got my Velka 7 yesterday, but I'm disappointed because there is no illuminated power switch and rubber feet in the box. I already contact @VELKASE Michael via email but no response. The picture below is what I got in the box. For anyone who has Velka 7, what else items are not in the box?

revo175

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2020
Just give him some time to respond, my power bottom broke and when he got to my email he was kind enough to send me a new one right away.

I just realized you won't be able to finish your build without a power bottom, which makes you disappointment much more understandable.

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
Just got my Velka 7 yesterday, but I'm disappointed because there is no illuminated power switch and rubber feet in the box. I already contact @VELKASE Michael via email but no response. The picture below is what I got in the box. For anyone who has Velka 7, what else items are not in the box?
The only things I see missing from your photo are what you already know about. The power button and the rubber feet.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
@wewe
Around December-January and yes, the plan is to make it available as a separate item without the case

Cool, just to confirm, are the connectors the same as the one's on the stock silver 7660b (2x 6+2 pin VGA, 1x 4+4 pin EPS, 4x SATA, 3x MOLEX, 1x 20+4 pin connectors) or are they as alluded to on the Velka 3 page (2x 8 pin VGA, 1x 8 pin EPS, 2x SATA, 1x 24 pin connectors)?

karu

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2020

I received my Velka 7 a few days ago. I didn't bother checking since it'll be a while to get all my parts, but after reading your post i checked. I do have everything, rubber feeting and power switch as well.