Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I have a problem with my Velkase 5 rev2. My 24 pin tab is preventing the front panel from fully closing.

I tried removing the I/O Shield but it's not enough. I also tried to buy a 30cm 24 pin extension cord () and shave off the tab but then the longer cable wouldn't fit inside the case. Can anyone suggest anything other than cutting/sanding the tab?
Many thanks!!!

There is an issue with the front panel design that causes this on a few motherboards. There are some revised front panels being manufactured which should be ready in a couple of weeks so please contact me privately, let me know your email address and order number so that you can receive one.

In the meantime, it should be possible to carefully install the front panel with a gap after loosening some screws that attach the stainless steel brackets to the back of it. Alternatively, if you happen to have any short M3 standoffs as spares, you could insert them between those stainless steel brackets and the front panel to create extra space.

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
There is an issue with the front panel design that causes this on a few motherboards. There are some revised front panels being manufactured which should be ready in a couple of weeks so please contact me privately, let me know your email address and order number so that you can receive one.

In the meantime, it should be possible to carefully install the front panel with a gap after loosening some screws that attach the stainless steel brackets to the back of it. Alternatively, if you happen to have any short M3 standoffs as spares, you could insert them between those stainless steel brackets and the front panel to create extra space.
Michael are all the newer versions of the case, including people with a current pre-order going to receive the updated front panels? Just wondering when the revised version will become standard issue. Thanks.

Reactions: DrummerMuppet

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Michael are all the newer versions of the case, including people with a current pre-order going to receive the updated front panels? Just wondering when the revised version will become standard issue. Thanks.

The timeline would look something like this
October: the revised front panel will not come with the Velka 5 and 7 as standard issue but will be offered to those who run into a motherboard incompatibility
around November: the revised front panel is to be offered to everyone else
around December: the revised front panel is to be included with new cases that ship

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hello.

I am working on some alternative power solution which could replace the FLEX PSU in Velka 3 Cases & Co.

Before I go ahead, I would like to ask if someone could tell me if it would fit. My current design is about 2mm higher compared to standard FLEX size.

Now I would need to know the clearance above the Power Supply as shown below to see if it fits...

Thank you in advance. :)

Reactions: McTeags and Skarum

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hello.

I am working on some alternative power solution which could replace the FLEX PSU in Velka 3 Cases & Co.

Before I go ahead, I would like to ask if someone could tell me if it would fit. My current design is about 2mm higher compared to standard FLEX size.

Now I would need to know the clearance above the Power Supply as shown below to see if it fits...

Thank you in advance. :)

The clearance is exactly 40.5 mm

Pyotr

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
Went through most of the posts here, but could not find the info; What video cables are included with the Velka 7, and where can I buy replacements/additional cables?
Put my order in today, so looking forward to building my PC later this month!

StonedTablet

Caliper Novice
May 11, 2020
Just finished testing 3080 FE (imgur.com/a/yRfzJjz)
3080 fits snugly in the Velka 5 v1

MSFS2020 Ultra settings for 30 mins
1. SF600 PSU w/ intake from outside: 87C spikes 84C average
2. SF600 PSU w/ intake from 3080's exhaust fan: 78C spikes, 76C average

The temp coming out of the 3080 pull-through exhaust was around 45-50C, when the 3080 was at max load (78C). I am currently using the second configuration. I don't know about the longevity for the PSU. Also, about 1/3 of the PSU fan does not pull from the 3080 exhaust, so I might add a tiny fan duct (imgur.com/eM9DvEE.jpg?1) so the PSU takes in more fresh air.

Adding some temps from other games (will update list):
Avengers, Ultra settings - 76C spikes, 74C average

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Tested with MSFS2020 Ultra for 30 mins

The temp coming out of the 3080 pull-through exhaust was around 45-50C, when the 3080 was at max load (78C). I am currently using the second configuration. I don't know about the longevity for the PSU. Also, about 1/3 of the PSU fan does not pull from the 3080 exhaust, so I might add a tiny fan duct (imgur.com/eM9DvEE.jpg?1) so the PSU takes in more fresh air.
Can I ask which PSU and was it any louder when exhausting the GPU.

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020

MSFS2020 Ultra settings for 30 mins

Adding some temps from other games (will update list):
Avengers, Ultra settings - 76C spikes, 74C average
You’re a real hero mate, thanks for this. Will eventually be picking one up for the VK7

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
Went through most of the posts here, but could not find the info; What video cables are included with the Velka 7, and where can I buy replacements/additional cables?
Put my order in today, so looking forward to building my PC later this month!
It’s on the website.

the PCIe Riser, two low-profile DisplayPort 1.4 extensions and an HDMI 2.0 extension

currently there is no way to buy replacement/additional cables that Michael has told us about, they seem quite niche

Dofu

Efficiency Noob
Aug 16, 2020

I clipped the tab off so the front panel closes perfectly. The case is so snug that the cable has no chance of coming loose.

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
Those of you considering custom cables for the V7 should also consider the j-hack m2426 as I am using. It fits perfectly and has the added bonus of still being able to use the front panel with my Aorus X570-I Pro WiFi.

Reactions: karu

Pyotr

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
It’s on the website.

the PCIe Riser, two low-profile DisplayPort 1.4 extensions and an HDMI 2.0 extension

currently there is no way to buy replacement/additional cables that Michael has told us about, they seem quite niche

Thank you for that, must be blind because I could not find quantities for the video cables anywhere.

In regards to buying more, I did find this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000723029918.html
A2-A4T looks like it could be a candidate. For the cost seems worth a try. They offer DP versions as well.

Reactions: labmonke101