Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
If bundled with the power supply, will it be preinstalled to the case to save shipping costs?

It will not be preinstalled. There is just not enough space to fit the power supply and all other items inside the case with proper cushioning. If you get a case with a power supply, they will be put into a larger box.

Good question, I wonder the same.

Will the modded psu be available sometime after August 24? Because I'm wondering if I should try to purchase Vk3 tomorrow without the modded psu, or if I wait for it to be available. Thanks

The power supplies will not have any aftermarket mods. There could be black power supplies with shorter and fewer black cables in the future, and those customizations would be made by the manufacturer, but those would be ready for shipping no earlier than November.

RogueLeader

Average Stuffer
Oct 11, 2017
There could be black power supplies with shorter and fewer black cables in the future, and those customizations would be made by the manufacturer, but those would be ready for shipping no earlier than November.

in regards to black power supplies, please clarify whether they can fit a Velka 3 or Velka 5, if they're greater than 150 mm long or 81.5 mm deep ??

i'm asking because many black power supplies have custom dimensions, instead of standard dimensions, such as 170 mm X 85 mm.

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
in regards to black power supplies, please clarify whether they can fit a Velka 3 or Velka 5, if they're greater than 150 mm long or 81.5 mm deep ??

i'm asking because many black power supplies have custom dimensions, instead of standard dimensions, such as 160mm X 85mm.

The ones that would be bundled with these cases would be the same ENP-7660B power supplies, just a different color. The dimensions would be the same 150 x 81.5 x 40.5 mm.

Which power supply are you considering? If the power supply you are considering is a non-standard size, I cannot accurately predict whether it will fit or not. If it is one of those used and rebadged power supplies, then I would not recommend using it.

In the Velka 3 and 5, you have more than 150 mm total length clearance for the power supply, but the shape of the keep-out area towards the front is irregular due to little brackets and fixtures. Height and width are strictly limited to 40.5 mm and 81.5 mm respectively.

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
The power supplies will not have any aftermarket mods. There could be black power supplies with shorter and fewer black cables in the future, and those customizations would be made by the manufacturer, but those would be ready for shipping no earlier than November.
Nice! I think that would be a killer option! A psu with the perfect length cables without any unnecessary ones.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
there's a modular version of this, available in China - https://www.fspgroupusa.com/ecommerce/ipc-psu/flex/500w/flexguru-500w.html

my understanding is that modular versions are often slightly bigger, say 160 mm X 85 mm.

They are typically just longer, around 170 mm + cables in some direction instead of 150 mm + cables because they add a breakout board to the outside. I think you would be better off getting the regular FlexGURU 500W from FSP because the quality and compatibility would be more predictable.

Nice! I think that would be a killer option! A psu with the perfect length cables without any unnecessary ones.

The cables may not be the perfect length for each case because it would be less risky to offer one Flex ATX power supply that would work with multiple cases, but the cable mass will definitely be cut down.

Reactions: Sziklapeti

cobblerjr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020
Tried to get one, but if I tried to bundle it with the power supply it said out of stock. DIdn't want to buy it a la carte so I hesitated. Now i think its sold out.