Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
may i have the size of vent of the case if i want to customize duat filter at demciflex

I'm going to give you the dimensions that you would have to use for the outside of the filter frame because the distance from the vents to the edges is less than the width of the filter frame. It would probably be better to determine the exact size you want, if any, after receiving the case.

Velka 3-RL
Top: 170 x 214 mm
Left: 80 x 80 mm
Right: 80 x 116 mm

Velka 3
Top: 109 x 90 mm
Left/right: 181 x 213 mm

Velka 5
Top: 169 x 92 mm
Left/right: 169 x 280 mm

Velka 7
Top: 169 x 104 mm
Left/right: 169 x 297 mm

Obviously it's hard to figure out without seeing the details of the case, @VELKASE Michael will have to figure out what works best. But from looking at photos the chamfered edge doesn't need to be tampered with, only the front panel does. Or am I missing something?

You may find the image on page 15 of the user manual to be useful as a reference. The side panels wrap around the front, labeled in gray. The distance the edge of the case to the internal edge of side panel is 18 mm, so they would block any front panel cutouts within 18 mm of the left and right edges.

Have you done any thermal testing using similar gear and comparing between the different models? Im wondering about thermal performance in the new Velka 3 given that a PSU will be covering a large part of the top venting. With the PSU on the bottom and the top vents fully open, it seems the Velka 5 may have the best passive cooling of the two.

I haven't compared them directly to each other but you can expect both to be similar to the CPU cooling capabilities of the Velka 3 rev 1.2. Velka 5 rev 2.0 will be slightly better than Velka 3 rev 2.0 for CPU cooling.

In the velka 7 the pcie extension cable is blocking the reario of the graphics card and as some of the heat from the graphics card gets exhausted from that side will the thermal performance be affected if yes, by how much

The display cables will block some of the top exhaust but I haven't quantized this. It will be highly dependent on the heatsink and fan shroud design of your graphics card. If you have a choice between a blower style cooler and a cooler with axial fans, the one with axial fans will cool more efficiently.

Last edited:

j4dx

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020
You may find the image on page 15 of the user manual to be useful as a reference. The side panels wrap around the front, labeled in gray. The distance the edge of the case to the internal edge of side panel is 18 mm, so they would block any front panel cutouts within 18 mm of the left and right edges.

Oh I see. So those wrap-around (gray) sections would need to be cut out in the areas where there are no screw holes to accommodate for airflow. It would need to be tested to compare temps with a mesh design as @daedos said. I guess you'll have to decide if it's worth the effort, although if it works well the Velka cases could stand out aesthetically among most other cases which rely on mesh designs.

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael Do you have an approximate time and timezone for the availability go live of the Velka 7 on the 31st?

Being in Australia I need to set an alarm so I can be at the ready to place my order since it's usually like 2 AM when sales go live for cases etc....

"Sometime during awake hours in Houston" is about as specific as I can be right now. The exact time will be posted in UTC a few days before they are available for order.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
"Sometime during awake hours in Houston" is about as specific as I can be right now. The exact time will be posted in UTC a few days before they are available for order.
Awesome, thanks for confirming that.

Is there any way of knowing Velka7 shipping estimates in the lead-up?
Mainly interested in knowing how much shipping will be to Australia so I can be prepared.
I've not bothered like setting an alarm and being at the ready on a case release in the past but this time I will be haha

Reactions: labmonke101

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Awesome, thanks for confirming that.

Is there any way of knowing Velka7 shipping estimates in the lead-up?
Mainly interested in knowing how much shipping will be to Australia so I can be prepared.
I've not bothered like setting an alarm and being at the ready on a case release in the past but this time I will be haha

For the Velka 7 shipped to Australia, it would be around 70 USD, 3-8 days in transit.

@VELKASE Michael I'm confused as to whether the Velka 5 supports a Corsair SF600? And will any of the cases be sold with a PSU?

The direct successor to the old Velka 5 is the Velka 7 and it supports SFX power supplies. Only the new Velka 3 and 5 will be sold with Flex ATX power supplies.

Reactions: Tazpr

j4dx

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020
For the Velka 7 shipped to Australia, it would be around 70 USD, 3-8 days in transit.

Wow that's expensive! 100 AUD! Surely there has to be cheaper options? Otherwise it's becoming one of the most expensive cases on the market.

The direct successor to the old Velka 5 is the Velka 7 and it supports SFX power supplies. Only the new Velka 3 and 5 will be sold with Flex ATX power supplies.

Thanks for the answer!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: douglasjhardie

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Wow that's expensive! 100 AUD! Surely there has to be cheaper options? Otherwise it's becoming one of the most expensive cases on the market.

Unfortunately, this is the least expensive option. The only way to save money is to ship multiple cases to the same location. For example, shipping a single Velka 7 from US to AU costs around 70 USD, but for two, it would be around 50 USD per case and for three it would be around 42 USD per case.

j4dx

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2020
Unfortunately, this is the least expensive option. The only way to save money is to ship multiple cases to the same location. For example, shipping a single Velka 7 from US to AU costs around 70 USD, but for two, it would be around 50 USD per case and for three it would be around 42 USD per case.
Hypothetically if some of us team up can we even buy multiple cases under one transaction?

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
Yes, if they are shipped to the same address.

I get that this can be a great option for people looking to save on shipping but have you given some thought to restricting purchases to one per customer? The recent small batch of Sentry 2.0 cases had this restriction and it appeared to help avoid the bot bulk buy and resell that is bound to occur with these kinds of releases.

or I’m misreading this and it’s still separate customer transactions that happen to all share a shipping address

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I get that this can be a great option for people looking to save on shipping but have you given some thought to restricting purchases to one per customer? The recent small batch of Sentry 2.0 cases had this restriction and it appeared to help avoid the bot bulk buy and resell that is bound to occur with these kinds of releases.

or I’m misreading this and it’s still separate customer transactions that happen to all share a shipping address

I have given it thought and it would be better not to have order quantity restrictions, but I still reserve the right not to fulfill orders with ridiculous item quantities. There have not been any multi-case orders recently but allowing a few would help make another production run this year more achievable.

Narbles

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2020
Are there any changes to motherboard compatibility with the Velka 7? I recently preordered the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro since it came back in stock on Amazon and ITX motherboards have been hard to find. From what I have read, motherboards with integrated IO shields had compatibility issues with the original Velka 5 case and I am curious if that is still the case?

Apologies if this has been touched on before.

galaxykaho

Efficiency Noob
Jun 11, 2020
Are there any changes to motherboard compatibility with the Velka 7? I recently preordered the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro since it came back in stock on Amazon and ITX motherboards have been hard to find. From what I have read, motherboards with integrated IO shields had compatibility issues with the original Velka 5 case and I am curious if that is still the case?

Apologies if this has been touched on before.

fixed compatibility issues with motherboards with integrated IO shields

should be fixed