Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Are there any changes to motherboard compatibility with the Velka 7? I recently preordered the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro since it came back in stock on Amazon and ITX motherboards have been hard to find. From what I have read, motherboards with integrated IO shields had compatibility issues with the original Velka 5 case and I am curious if that is still the case?

Apologies if this has been touched on before.

It is not an issue in the new cases

Reactions: Narbles

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
I want to make a pc with the new ampere graphics cards when they launch so is it safe for me to buy the velka 7.

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
I want to make a pc with the new ampere graphics cards when they launch so is it safe for me to buy the velka 7.

impossible to know for sure without seeing the cards, but it seems safe to assume it won’t be a problem. I plan on doing the same

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
For the velka 7 what product value with velkase declare to the customs because if it will be around 200 usd then we might have to pay around a 30 or 40 usd on customs as well. So is it possible that you would declare a lower value?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
For the velka 7 what product value with velkase declare to the customs because if it will be around 200 usd then we might have to pay around a 30 or 40 usd on customs as well. So is it possible that you would declare a lower value?

Only the real value is declared for each item.

Any ideas how much will velka 3 shipped to the Philippines?

About 60 USD without a power supply and about 75 USD with the bundled power supply.

newbiee

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
Only the real value is declared for each item.

About 60 USD without a power supply and about 75 USD with the bundled power supply.

May I know what courier will be used to ship to Philippines?

Also will it fit the PowerColor RX5700 XT ITX in the Velka 3? It is stated on the specs it has 175mm height and velka 3 has 175mm height. I'm assuming it will not fit with the cables?

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
May I know what courier will be used to ship to Philippines?

Also will it fit the PowerColor RX5700 XT ITX in the Velka 3? It is stated on the specs it has 175mm height and velka 3 has 175mm height. I'm assuming it will not fit with the cables?

It will be UPS, using their UPS Worldwide Expedited service.

That card should fit because its listed dimensions are 175 mm (length) x 110 mm (height) and power connectors are parallel to the shorter side (height). The cables will not require any additional clearance in length.

Reactions: VeeTeeF and newbiee

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
That would be illegal.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
New update. Pre-orders for a small quantity of everything will start on July 31st at 16:00 UTC as planned, but please note the new shipping date estimates.

If you pre-order a Velka 3 (not RL), Velka 5, Velka 7, or the ENP-7660B power supply, it would be expected to ship by August 24th. If you pre-order a Velka 3-RL, it would be expected to ship by September 18th. Please remember that these are estimates and they may change because it is difficult to accurately predict shipping dates right now. There is still a 5% fee to cancel an order before shipping, so please consider that in your decision to do a pre-order now or wait until the re-stock.

Part 1 of the batch is expected on August 24th. A small portion of these will be on the July 31st pre-order and the rest will be available when they are back in stock.
  • all PSUs
  • all VK-3 cases
  • the first half of VK-5 cases
  • the first half of VK-7 cases
Part 2 of the batch is expected on September 18th. All of these will be available for order when they are back in stock.
  • all VK-3RL (also available in the July 31st pre-order)
  • the second half of VK-5 cases (some PSUs from August will still be reserved for the bundles)
  • the second half of VK-7 cases

There have also been some minor but necessary changes. Some internal components of the Velka 3, 5, and 7 cases and the little PCI card lock on the outside of the Velka 3 will be made from stainless steel. These cases are also receiving extra vents on the rear and bottom and extra 4 mm rubber feet in addition to the 2 mm feet I usually include.

The hardware compatibility is unchanged and the Velka 3-RL is unchanged. The user manuals do not yet reflect on the visual change caused by the added vents.

These renders and those shown on the product page are meant to be an approximation of what the stainless steel looks like. The texture, color, and shine may is not perfectly accurate.

Left to right:
1. What the inside of the Velka 7 looks like with these changes
2. The rear of the Velka 3
3. The Velka 3 with the main body of the case inverted and the front panel in the same orientation. The default bottom is on top here and is simply perforated to the maximum extent. The power supply would be on the bottom here.

cobblerjr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020
There have also been some minor but necessary changes. Some internal components of the Velka 3, 5, and 7 cases and the little PCI card lock on the outside of the Velka 3 will be made from stainless steel. These cases are also receiving extra vents on the rear and bottom and extra 4 mm rubber feet in addition to the 2 mm feet I usually include.

Awesome. Glad to hear about the vents!

newbiee

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
Will actual pictures of the final unit be release before the preorder date? also will then enhance 7660b comes unmodded? or modded?

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
This one looks sick. Unfortunately covid prevents me from purchasing anything unnecessary as it affects my work (show tech sound&light) and it seems in my region there will be another few months of quarantine again. I hope everyone gets their desired velka case, I'll wait for a later batch probably. (...and secretly hope there will be a shipping from within Europe possibility.)
Indeed @newbiee , there was a possibility spoken about getting a black custom length cabled enhance with the velka cases but if I remember well it was just a possibility at a later date. Something else to secretly hope for!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Will actual pictures of the final unit be release before the preorder date? also will then enhance 7660b comes unmodded? or modded?

There will be more photos only right before the re-stock. There are photos in this thread and the product page that show everything except for the stainless steel and added vents. The PSU will be unmodded.

Maybe dumb question but are the changes affecting the first batch which will be shipped on the 24th of August ?

Yes

[Velka 7] Couldn't we have been able to put a thin 60mm (or 80mm?) fan there if there were appropriate vents ?

There is enough space for a 40 x 20 mm fan if kept strictly on the graphics card side and maybe a 60 x 10 mm fan depending on the power connector positions on the power supply.

Quick question what weight would a shipped velka 7 be?

6 lb / 3 kg

Reactions: Sziklapeti

gihaume

Cable Smoosher
Jul 25, 2020
There is enough space for [...] maybe a 60 x 10 mm fan depending on the power connector positions on the power supply.

At least 18mm of room (for fan thickness) with a Corsair SF***. A Gelid 6 will probably be put there. Do I better drill a hole or some vents may come in the next batch ?

Thanks, I appreciate the implication in the communication and quality (yet to find out ;) ).

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
At least 18mm of room (for fan thickness) with a Corsair SF***. A Gelid 6 will probably be put there. Do I better drill a hole or some vents may come in the next batch ?

Thanks, I appreciate the implication in the communication and quality (yet to find out ;) ).

I don't think that manually drilling in the case would be worth the cooling improvement. If you must add fans, then my personal recommendation would be to add 40 mm fans with some non-destructive DIY wherever possible after building in the case and routing all cables.

Whether the fan mounts will be there in the next batch, I am not sure because it's not good to make changes too frequently, although I do like your idea.