Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for explaining, do you know if there is any power button that is compatible and slim enough?

Switch hole is compatible with 16mm diameter switches - you'll have to measure your exact clearance and then search for one I guess

If it covers a connector which you do not use on the PSU then you might not need a new switch ?

Reactions: dzjlimit

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Would you shift to brushed side panels as default in the future - or would that raise the price of the case(s) ??
I'm curious if this is like a bonus for early adopters (understandable) or a long term vision

I have to say the brushed panels look fantastic ?

The choice currently stands between getting an all-brushed case shipped around Nov 1 or one with the original appearance around four weeks later.

As for the future, the long term goal will be to offer both anodized and powder-coated cases. The anodized ones will either be fully sandblasted or fully anodized in the future. Choosing between sandblast vs brush does not impact costs, but doing both at the same time can make things complicated.

Reactions: sid21177

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Choosing between sandblast vs brush does not impact costs, but doing both at the same time can make things complicated.

Makes sense - I cannot speculate on your order book, but based on the "out-of-stock" frequency maybe you can alternate batches with the 2 finishes if there is enough demand ?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
That could create a lot of overhead with keeping spare parts, which will be necessary in the future. However, I wouldn't be opposed to having a different anodized finish o
Any news on the Velka 7?

No, sorry. Need to focus on improving 3 and 5 in the immediate future so that 7 can take advantage of those improvements.

Made a new account just because I'm very interested in this case. For the pcie riser would this one do?
Comparing it to the liheat one it seems pretty similar, just a bit longer. Low res dimension image link

Currently looking into this.

Also curious about compatible risers. Any recommendations for a pcie gen 4 riser?

This 250 mm riser from 3M would work if you insulate it to prevent shorts with the motherboard and graphics card PCB components. The Linkup riser above might work as well; currently looking still looking into it.

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
hi Michael, will Gigabyte x570i Aorus pro fit in the Velka 5? It has an integrated io shield.
Also, between Velka 3 and Velka 5, which case will have a better thermal performance with the same CPU cooler? Velka 3 has two fans but Velka 5 is larger in size.
Do you think 3700X will be fine with Cryoirg C7 Cu in Velka 5?
Thanks.

Last edited:

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Hello,
I have a single slot gpu and i am wondering if the case comes with pcie slot brackets ? Would not prefer to leave the slot open...

BoiseTech

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2019
Hello,
I have a single slot gpu and i am wondering if the case comes with pcie slot brackets ? Would not prefer to leave the slot open...

Watch either the optimum tech or linus tech tips video on building. You'll move the motherboard over for single slot, there will be no "open slot". At least for the velka 3.

Last edited:

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
My question is about the Velka 5, does it have GPU slots covers ? Just in case i am not using a dedicated vga for instance...

Davidandreis

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2019
@VELKASE Michael
So I looked at the Cryorig 7 G and it looks like a good fit for cooling down a Ryzen 7 2700x or Ryzen 9 3900x which both have 105w tdp.
I have 2 questions however:
1. If the cooler is 47mm and the case allows 48mm then how will the air turbulence be?
2. I have been told that both the Velka 5 and 3 have a bit of play in them, that they aren't precisely machined and hence the aforementioned cooler will touch the side, is that true?

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Does anyone know if this Phanteks 300mm riser cable would work in the Velka 3? I already have the riser cable and don't want to order another if I buy this case.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Well, yeah, I meant the preview. And yes, that is something you can control. because the preview is broken no one can see which "Phanteks 300mm riser cable" you are talking about. just change the link to
Code:
[url=url here]link text[/url]
and it should work.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hello @VELKASE Michael, if i pre-order the Velka 3 with sandblasted side panels after October 13. Does it have a chance to be ship before November 29?

If you have already placed a pre-order a few days after October 13, then there is a chance that a case will be available around November 1, although not with sandblasted side panels. There is also a chance that some cases with sandblasted side panels will be ready a few days before November 29, but it would be safer to assume that they will not be ready before the estimated date.

hi Michael, will Gigabyte x570i Aorus pro fit in the Velka 5? It has an integrated io shield.
Also, between Velka 3 and Velka 5, which case will have a better thermal performance with the same CPU cooler? Velka 3 has two fans but Velka 5 is larger in size.
Do you think 3700X will be fine with Cryoirg C7 Cu in Velka 5?
Thanks.

A few users have managed to fit that motherboard. It will be a challenging installation and I would suggest a motherboard without an integrated IO shield for the Velka 5.

With a high enough exhaust case fan speed in the Velka 3, CPU cooling performance will be better in that case compared to the Velka 5. A Cryorig C7 Cu will handle the 3700X fine.

My question is about the Velka 5, does it have GPU slots covers ? Just in case i am not using a dedicated vga for instance...

The slots would have to be left open because it is not compatible with slot covers.
@VELKASE Michael
So I looked at the Cryorig 7 G and it looks like a good fit for cooling down a Ryzen 7 2700x or Ryzen 9 3900x which both have 105w tdp.
I have 2 questions however:
1. If the cooler is 47mm and the case allows 48mm then how will the air turbulence be?
2. I have been told that both the Velka 5 and 3 have a bit of play in them, that they aren't precisely machined and hence the aforementioned cooler will touch the side, is that true?

1. It will be loud, especially at high fan speeds, and not recommended if you are sensitive to noise. A cooler like the Black Ridge would be more acoustically efficient.
2. You can end up with 1-2 mm extra clearance, but not less than the specified clearance.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
It would be great if you sold a flexATX backing plate (with a C14 connector) in the same material and finish as your panels, so that buyers can cleanly blank off the FlexATX bracket for using internal PSUs