Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I have one last mission that you might be able to help me with. Metal feet. Is there anything we can do for little feet more reliable than the rubber nubs? I think the heat from my system melted the adhesive so I need a metal solution LOL

If you're not using any case fans and would be ok with using the case upside down, I could try to come up with a 3d printed plastic solution that mounts to the fan mounting holes. It might be possible to design them in such a way that would prevent the adhesive feet from sliding off.

Will the same be true for the Velka 3's? If not and there are only going to be a lower number produced, I'm not going to bother trying to get one. Still an awesome case though

It's a large batch so nothing should sell out instantly, including the Velka 3's.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Pre-orders for a small portion of this batch will go live on July 31st, with shipping expected to start around the middle of August. If the pre-orders "sell out" quickly, just remember that it basically means nothing due to the small quantity and that the bulk of the batch will be easier to buy around the middle of August.

Everything will ship from the United States at first. If you are in the States, shipping should take around 3 days. For all other countries, shipping should take about a week.

In other news, there may be EU distribution through Density Labs sometime in the future. While the main issue right now is availability (being able to buy a case at all), that may not be an issue by the time we set up distribution in the EU. This would reduce the total cost of buying one of these cases in the EU and make the experience with purchases and returns more straightforward. If you could let me know which case you would consider buying in this two-question survey, that will help us improve availability.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Pre-orders for a small portion of this batch will go live on July 31st, with shipping expected to start around the middle of August. If the pre-orders "sell out" quickly, just remember that it basically means nothing due to the small quantity and that the bulk of the batch will be easier to buy around the middle of August.

Everything will ship from the United States at first. If you are in the States, shipping should take around 3 days. For all other countries, shipping should take about a week.

In other news, there may be EU distribution through Density Labs sometime in the future. While the main issue right now is availability (being able to buy a case at all), that may not be an issue by the time we set up distribution in the EU. This would reduce the total cost of buying one of these cases in the EU and make the experience with purchases and returns more straightforward. If you could let me know which case you would consider buying in this two-question survey, that will help us improve availability.
Awesome, I'll pop a pin in my calendar haha I'm feeling very tempted to pick up a Velka7

Reactions: Kundahli

Polaris1981

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2020

Thanks for the update Michael. Are the flex ATX power supplies for the Velka 3/5 going to be available as well?

hextanerf

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2019
How are there thermals in velka 5 with c7 or L9 and 3700/3700x? Thinking about upgrading to 3600xt from 2600x and want some input. Thanks!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael

Glad to hear the rev 2 units shipping. I see on the Velka 7 you say a CryoRIG C7 is incompatible but it is advertised as a hight of 47mm. May I ask why this is?

It has a large backplate that can interfere with the PCIe riser and there is a possibility of the stock fan's blades touching the side panel. The only ways to use it are without the backplate and either with an aftermarket fan that doesn't have protruding fan blades or by spacing the side panel farther away as shown on page 22 in the manual.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
It has a large backplate that can interfere with the PCIe riser and there is a possibility of the stock fan's blades touching the side panel. The only ways to use it are without the backplate and either with an aftermarket fan that doesn't have protruding fan blades or by spacing the side panel farther away as shown on page 22 in the manual.

IIRC the C7 comes with a set of nuts and washers as an alternative mounting solution to the backplate. Replacing the fan is a problem for anyone without the C7G fan clips, but I suppose zipties would work.

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
IIRC the C7 comes with a set of nuts and washers as an alternative mounting solution to the backplate. Replacing the fan is a problem for anyone without the C7G fan clips, but I suppose zipties would work.

I am hesitant to officially support the C7 because Cryorig seems to still offer the nuts and washers but not the fan clips, which are not of a common size. Is the C7G the only variant that comes with those fan clips? If it is, then explaining C7 support would involve a lot of asterisks.

BerGO

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 22, 2020
I am hesitant to officially support the C7 because Cryorig seems to still offer the nuts and washers but not the fan clips, which are not of a common size. Is the C7G the only variant that comes with those fan clips? If it is, then explaining C7 support would involve a lot of asterisks.
yes only c7g comes with clips. My c7 cu didnt

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Here are some shots of what the current Velka 3 looks like with the body flipped and the front panel in the original orientation. What do you all think, should it be kept solid or should some vents be added to this side around those asymmetrical screws in a future revision?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Here are some shots of what the current Velka 3 looks like with the body flipped and the front panel in the original orientation. What do you all think, should it be kept solid or should some vents be added to this side around those asymmetrical screws in a future revision?

Honestly I think Ventilation is a must - when you're dealing with a case with no active cooling top ventilation is one of the main ways for the heat to escape so the more the better haha

Really loving the new front panel design though

Reactions: h2ong

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
@VELKASE Michael The front and side panel pattern looks awesome, but you need to add some top ventilation holes else users should prepare a frying pan!
What you guys should like to cook? Eggs will be a nice start ;)

Reactions: h2ong