Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Do you have information detailing the difference between the new velka 5 and the vleka 7? I saw the spec and pics, but more information would be awesome. (More pics showing the layout or the back of the case would be nice)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
At the moment, I can only suggest checking back next week because I don't have enough information to decide how to go about orders.

As for the rumored RTX 3080 design, I think it looks very unconventional and unnecessarily difficult to manufacture. This is supposedly one of several suggested designs and if Nvidia decides to go in this radically new direction with the cooler design, the high end (RTX 3080 and up) reference models will cause compatibility issues with most SFF cases. However, this leak doesn't say anything about the board partner's designs nor the reference designs for RTX 3070 cards and below.

-They can be ordered at the same time. Since you're in South Korea, it would be more efficient to ship them together as well.

-when it says, "must be within", it just means that it needs to fit within those dimensions because that is the maximum space available. A smaller card will work.
The Sapphire Pulse RX 580 should fit, but it will be a very tight fit. It looks like the manufacturer is excluding the backplate from the thickness measurement, so it looks to be about 43 mm thick instead of 40 mm. Do you already have this card, and is the backplate removable?

@AseDen Would you kindly provide the dimensions of the CPU block and radiator of the 645LT?

aga98

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Has the pre-order stage already happened for the new line of Velka Cases? If not, I am wondering when I will be able to order a new Velka Case. Also, I saw there may be a continued production of the old 1.2 revision of the Velka 3 which interests me the most, and was wondering if any new information has come of that?

ExtremeSFFPC

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2020
Has the pre-order stage already happened for the new line of Velka Cases? If not, I am wondering when I will be able to order a new Velka Case. Also, I saw there may be a continued production of the old 1.2 revision of the Velka 3 which interests me the most, and was wondering if any new information has come of that?

Not yet. We are standing by for more information from Michael.

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
perhaps any hole or imperfection used as an anchor for anodizing could be covered by a Velkase branding/logo? Added benefit of increasing brand awareness.

Just a thought. Keep up the fantastic work.
Anything but branding! The pure clean all uninterrupted black is partly why I have fallen in love with the Velka 3. And just like that there is no way I'll plug in the power led headers of the power button to the motherboard. :D

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael I appreciate you posting more pictures on the site of the new cases with hardware inside. Do you have more pictures with the side panels off to get an idea of spacing inside with hardware installed?

Also, understand the CPU cooler height recommendation for the Velka 3 is 37mm yet ran height limit is 42mm. What is the actual clearance? Is there a lot of turbulence with an L9A cooler?

If your memory kit is as tall or shorter than the L9A when installed, it will fit. The actual clearance is as stated because CPU cooler height and RAM height are measured from two different points (RAM sits lower into the motherboard). Both the L9A and memory would touch or nearly touch the side panel. There is some audible turbulence when the panel is that close but there's also this experimental feature that allows you to space the side panel up to 4 mm away to prevent that noise. It's still recommended to use the shortest modules that are available to you to simplify cable management.

Flush and 4 mm spaced panels:

I can add some photos without side panels to the user manuals.

Will the Velka 7 support triple slot GPUs and can it be ordered without the PSU?

It does not. The idea for that case been changed to be just a heavily revised old Velka 5 with dual-slot graphics card support in order to create another smaller case and there is no larger case yet.

will zotac 2070 super mini fit the velka 7 case. i dunno which dimension should the cable space be counted in.

Yes. Cables will fit too. I'll try to improve the clearance explanation because someone else also asked about this.

I'm intrested in buying the velka 7 but dont know tht does it deliver to india and if does for how much... I'm intrested in buying it in the july batch

Shipping to India will be available but the price hasn't been determined yet. It could be anywhere between 30-80 USD.

Aarav

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
On your website in the velka 7 section, it is written that the supported gpu dimensions are
289 x 43 x 135 mm (L x W x H)

289 x 40 x 140 mm (L x W x H)

262 x 40 x 145 mm (L x W x H)

So my 1st question is that does this include the power cables in it. My second question is that does the GPS need to be exactly of these specifications or less than the given ones.
I am kinda confused how you will manage the gpu IO in the velka 7 as the gpu is vertically mounted and the the io will come on top but in the images it is shown its at the back... I'm new to sff cases so thats why I am asking such questions.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
On your website in the velka 7 section, it is written that the supported gpu dimensions are

So my 1st question is that does this include the power cables in it. My second question is that does the GPS need to be exactly of these specifications or less than the given ones.

The site says:

Must be within one of the following dimensions including cables:

Note: power cables require about 16 mm clearance

so, yes cables are included in the dimensions. and yes, something smaller than those dimensions will fit.

• So graphics cards shorter than 262mm can be up to 40mm thick and 140mm tall

• Graphics cards that are shorter than 289mm(but longer than 262mm) and with a up to 40mm thick, can be up to 140mm tall.

• And, Graphics cards that are shorter than 289mm(but longer than 262mm) and 43mm thick can be up to 135mm tall.

galaxykaho

Efficiency Noob
Jun 11, 2020
One more question. Will velka 7 be able to put fans in? Um i mean in the first design it seems able to put fans on the top but i dunno whether this feature is taken off

Srijal

Cable Smoosher
May 30, 2020
I am kinda confused how you will manage the gpu IO in the velka 7 as the gpu is vertically mounted and the the io will come on top but in the images it is shown its at the back... I'm new to sff cases so thats why I am asking such questions.

IO will come out from the back using internal extensions. It is similar to the approach used in the Corsair One. If you quickly go through the previous pages in this thread, you will find details regarding this.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
@VELKASE Michael Just want to say, I'm in love with my Velka 3 v1.1. Will definitely be purchasing a Velka 5 v2 and possibly also a 3 v2 as well when they release! Quick question, is it possible to mount a 2.5 inch drive in between the GPU and PSU in the new Velka 5? It looks like theres mounting hardware for it there, but I dont see confirmation on if its possible anywhere.

Zodryn

Case Bender
New User
May 18, 2020
Love my white Velka 3 I got in the last run! Very interested in the new Velka 3 and 5 too.

Any chance you'd make some acrylic side panels with holes like the normal panels for any of the cases?

shutdown1210

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2020
@VELKASE Michael May I know what is the PSU orientation of the velka 3 v2 if I am using the 7660B? From what I know, 7660B has venting holes on the top of the metal casing. Will it be align with the top venting holes of the case? From the from your website, it seems the venting hole of the PSU is facing towards the inside of the case. If so, how would it affect the heat dissipation? Lastly, would you provide any mod such as changing the cable or spray paint the PSU black to accommodate the overall aesthetic of the PC?

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
edit: I have linked a psu from a site that promised a blacked out silence focused platinum 600W psu but after it being late on the lead time and no answer from the guy I couldn't keep it linked, no one should try to go trough that experience... Sorry I did not plan on edit a multiple quoted post but Velkase will provide you with a psu in his site if needed even if it's not black.

[deleted link while editing...]

There is a black enhance 7660b psu too. I have ordered this one for the Velka 3. It's yet to arrive but the case is also yet to be ordered. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: h2ong

shutdown1210

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2020

There is a black enhance 7660b psu too. I have ordered this one for the Velka 3. It's yet to arrive but the case is also yet to be ordered. :D
The price seems reasonable. How much shipping did you pay for that?

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
The price seems reasonable. How much shipping did you pay for that?
I have ordered it april 2.
I did pay 30USD to ship to middle Europe, Hungary but back then the unit did cost 129USD not 139USD.
It's still not shipped yet but the lead time is June so they still got half a month to do so.
I just hope the Velka 3 and the 7660B Pro comes around the same time so I won't have to wait for the other. ^^

revo175

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2020
I have ordered it april 2.
I did pay 30USD to ship to middle Europe, Hungary but back then the unit did cost 129USD not 139USD.
It's still not shipped yet but the lead time is June so they still got half a month to do so.
I just hope the Velka 3 and the 7660B Pro comes around the same time so I won't have to wait for the other. ^^
This is one of the reasons I settled for the Velka 7 instead, the flex PSU market is somewhat uncertain right now.

It will either be a hassle to get a replacement or super expensive; I bought a EVGA 650W for $103. I just hope the flex PSU market is better for when i decide to do a <5 litter build.

Reactions: Sziklapeti