Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019

There is a black enhance 7660b psu too. I have ordered this one for the Velka 3. It's yet to arrive but the case is also yet to be ordered. :D
Be careful about this one. This is a batch order that has been massively delayed, and the vendor has been very uncommunicative about the whole thing. I ordered mine in December and I'm still waiting. I bought a cheap ATX PSU to hold me over, but my patience is running very thin.

SFF.NET even shutdown this vendor's threads because of the problems.

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
Be careful about this one. This is a batch order that has been massively delayed, and the vendor has been very uncommunicative about the whole thing. I ordered mine in December and I'm still waiting. I bought a cheap ATX PSU to hold me over, but my patience is running very thin.

SFF.NET even shutdown this vendor's threads because of the problems.
I see. Thank you for the warning.
Well for me I guess there is nothing else to do than wait and hope right now but then maybe I shouldn't have linked it.
Let's hope we both get our units in the near future.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Do you have information detailing the difference between the new velka 5 and the vleka 7? I saw the spec and pics, but more information would be awesome. (More pics showing the layout or the back of the case would be nice)

There will be some after I finish up the user manuals in the next few days.

@VELKASE Michael Do you know if the new Velka 5 will support a 120mm radiator as seen here?

A 120 mm radiator might fit into the Velka 7 (the one that is more similar to the old Velka 5) with a slim fan, but I cannot guarantee it. There is about the same amount of space in terms of thickness, but the graphics card would have to be 169 mm long max so this is not very practical.

@VELKASE Michael May I know what is the PSU orientation of the velka 3 v2 if I am using the 7660B? From what I know, 7660B has venting holes on the top of the metal casing. Will it be align with the top venting holes of the case? From the from your website, it seems the venting hole of the PSU is facing towards the inside of the case. If so, how would it affect the heat dissipation? Lastly, would you provide any mod such as changing the cable or spray paint the PSU black to accommodate the overall aesthetic of the PC?

It faces up, towards the outside of the case. They will only be available in their stock configuration for now, but they will be replaced by a black version some months from now, possibly with shorter cables.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
@VELKASE Michael

I trying to determine if I could rig a dust filter to the inside of the new series of Velka.

What is the new open area on these cases with the hexagonal pattern? I don’t want to choke airflow too much, but I also don’t want to do a full side panel tear down every few months.

Thanks, can’t wait.

ExtremeSFFPC

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2020
Very much looking forward to more info on the release and perhaps pre-ordering to reserve a product for July delivery. After what happened with the May 25th batch, I don't want to wait another month only for it to be sold out in a matter of seconds and then have to find another option.

revo175

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2020
Very much looking forward to more info on the release and perhaps pre-ordering to reserve a product for July delivery. After what happened with the May 25th batch, I don't want to wait another month only for it to be sold out in a matter of seconds and then have to find another option.
I'm on the same boat (probably worst because I need to upgrade a couple parts).

It would be a shame to end up buying a TaoBao Clone case.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael

I trying to determine if I could rig a dust filter to the inside of the new series of Velka.

What is the new open area on these cases with the hexagonal pattern? I don’t want to choke airflow too much, but I also don’t want to do a full side panel tear down every few months.

Thanks, can’t wait.

The open area is 55%. I would still advise against using internal dust filters because you would need to remove them to get the dust trapped in them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sziklapeti

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Last edited:

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
@VELKASE Michael
Hi bro, I check on the website updates about today,
I seems you will also be releasing the Original Velka 3, and the latest revision 2.0 , in which it does not support the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?

I wanna ask are you still gonna released Revision 1.2? Some of us have actually already purchased HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?
And was expecting that you would be supporting it in the future released, but we understand why it has been discontinued since, your also selling power supply.

Will there be a Velka 3 Revision 1.2 for us who uses HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?
Or all future released will be just the latest revision 2.0??

I hope there should be a variation of Velka 3 that supports still support HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX in the future.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
@VELKASE Michael
I seems you will also be releasing the Original Velka 3, and the latest revision 2.0 , in which it does not support the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?

I wanna ask are you still gonna released Revision 1.2? Some of us have actually already purchased HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?
And was expecting that you would be supporting it in the future released, but we understand why it has been discontinued since, your also selling power supply.

I hope there should be a variation of Velka 3 that supports still support HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX in the future.

I mean... The DC-ATX is smaller than a FlexATX unit so if you can fit a FlexATX, you can fit a DC-ATX.

Looks like both v1.2 and v2 requires you to use an external brick anyway.

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
I mean... The DC-ATX is smaller than a FlexATX unit so if you can fit a FlexATX, you can fit a DC-ATX.

Looks like both v1.2 and v2 requires you to use an external brick anyway.

They remove the support on DC-ATX on the latest revision man check the changelog.
It only means future released will not be supported, cause they also sell their own PSU.
I totally hate FAN CPU, so noisy, unless you change the fan into Nuctua. But still preferable DC-ATX PSU, its way cooler!

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
They remove the support on DC-ATX on the latest revision man check the changelog.
It only means future released will not be supported, cause they also sell their own PSU.
I totally hate FAN CPU, so noisy, unless you change the fan into Nuctua. But still preferable DC-ATX PSU, its way cooler!

You completely ignored what I said didn't you? The HDPlex400 DC-ATX is physically smaller than a FlexATX unit. Wherever you can put a FlexATX, you can also put a DC-ATX unit. In this particular case 'not supported' simply means there are no provisions for mounting a HDPlex400, you're still free to use it if you like, whether by taping it to the roof with 3M VHB, or make yourself a 3D-printed bracket.

Michael is not selling his own PSUs, as far as I know, he has no plans for designing his own PSU (whether a conventional ATX format or some sort of DC PSU like an HD Plex), he's simply importing PSUs from Enhance so people can buy both the case and the PSU from the same shop.

Once again, just to be clear, you can still fit a HDPlex DC-ATX unit internal to the Velka 3 v2.0, nothing's stopping you from doing that, and just as I stated in the previous post, this still require you to source an AC-DC unit externally (popular options includes the Dell 330W adapter or HDPlex's own 400W AC-DC unit)

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry about being late to the party here.

Never realised that I don't get emails when I'm mentioned in a thread. ?

Updated the website: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler
Having skimmed over the past 5 pages, that seems to be the main issue (finding dimensions) - is that correct?

-As always, more than happy to help with anything :)

That is correct. Thank you.

@VELKASE Michael

Continued production of the old model is still under consideration. Support for the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX was inconsistent in the old model, so at the moment I cannot say for certain whether HDPLEX support will come back. It's possible that there will be an add-on that will enable HDPLEX support in the new model, but it will take time.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
@VELKASE Michael

Regarding the Velka 7:

It appears incompatibility of sfx-l psu may be due to the 3.5” HD’s bracket in front of the psu. Is there anything else that may prevent a sfx-l psu from fitting if I were to simply cut 5mm from the bracket?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael

Regarding the Velka 7:

It appears incompatibility of sfx-l psu may be due to the 3.5” HD’s bracket in front of the psu. Is there anything else that may prevent a sfx-l psu from fitting if I were to simply cut 5mm from the bracket?

You would have to cut 30 mm away, so basically cut it in half. The bracket you see in front of the PSU area is actually the dedicated 2.5" drive mount and a piece that connects one corner of the motherboard tray to the frame. You could also not install that bracket, but then the motherboard tray will only be connected to the frame in 3/4 corners.

@VELKASE Michael
Any updates on preorders or a release date in July?

Manufacturing is complete but I am waiting for shipments to arrive so there is no exact date for release yet, just a late July estimate.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I just read about the new V3 v2.0 on the website and I have to say I'm disappointed. The only changes I like are the discreet screws and that assembly/access is easier. But otherwise, there was a lot to dislike:

1) 5mm front panel. Why? It just adds volume, weight and cost. There was no issue with the previous front panel.
2) The rest of the case is steel. Steel is heavier and not as premium. I get that it's stronger, but is that really needed in a 4L SFF case? My M1 V5 is plenty strong.
3) GPU length fixed to 175x42. So now the MSI Aero cards will just barely fit. If MSI makes them 1mm longer in the next revision, they won't fit. There are a good number of cards in the 175-183mm range that won't be supported now.
4) The honeycomb pattern looks cheaper imo, and reveals too much of the internals. Considering most people will have ketchup and mustard cables, this is not ideal. The previous vents looked better and still offered plenty of airflow.
5) Removed support for HDPlex. HDPlex was always the superior option in my view. It's fully passive, much easier cable management, modular, and much less weight inside the case. In terms of weight management, an external brick is better for traveling and overall handling of the case. I guess you could still tape an HDPlex and source a back plate from somewhere?
6) The PSU being on top makes no sense to me:
6.1) Restricted airflow. Top fans provided needed exhaust. Now there isn't even much passive exhaust.
6.2) Asymmetrical top vent doesn't look great.
6.3) Bare metal PSU will show through the vop vent (and the larger side vents) unless you get a black one, but there aren't many of those.
6.4) Removed support for second 2.5" drive.
6.5) It makes the case top heavy.
6.6) Why?
7) The case is more expensive now. What do you get for the extra money? Steel instead of aluminum? Extra weight on a portable case? I don't get it.

Meanwhile, for much less the K39 is all aluminum, supports longer GPUs, supports the C7 cooler, supports 2x2.5" drives, has better airflow, has a handle, and the PSU is not visible. It does look less premium and has poor manufacturing tolerances, but still at this price differential that is now very serious competition.

Sorry for being so negative, but the previous V3 was one of my favorite cases and this revision I would not buy, so I wanted to give my honest feedback rather than praise the positive changes. And I'm sorry if I got any v2.0 details wrong, please correct me if that was the case.

Edit: I just read Michael's justification for making the changes from a few pages back, and it's all very understandable. I thought I'd leave this post up just for the sake of playing devil's advocate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woxys