Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
We're having some domain issues right now. To enter the site, please use https://velkase.com/ without the "www" in the beginning.

Website issues have been resolved. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: L91

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys! :) I will upload my graphs in the forum as soon as possible and maybe even some more pictures but for right now I wanted to share my findings with the Velka 7 Rev 3.0 and the Alpenföhn Black Ridge vs. the new Panorama 2 (47mm CPU cooler) in my latest Video:

I think we have a new 47mm CPU cooler King here. 💁‍♂️ Both better cooling and less noisy, while removing the heat better out of the system and keeping it away from M.2 and RAM.

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys! :) I will upload my graphs in the forum as soon as possible and maybe even some more pictures but for right now I wanted to share my findings with the Velka 7 Rev 3.0 and the Alpenföhn Black Ridge vs. the new Panorama 2 (47mm CPU cooler) in my latest Video:

I think we have a new 47mm CPU cooler King here. 💁‍♂️ Both better cooling and less noisy, while removing the heat better out of the system and keeping it away from M.2 and RAM.
Is it better than AXP90-X47 Full Copper, which is current leading 47mm class cooler?

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Is it better than AXP90-X47 Full Copper, which is current leading 47mm class cooler?

I would consider the Design of the Panorama 2 as beeing better, as it has side covers, to duckt the airflow and push all exhaust in two directions. If mounted correctly (like in m video...I saw some sources doing it wrong and pushing the hot air right into the case / against the RAM) this cooler is with 39€ cheaper, better available and also equipped with LGA 1700 & AM5 Mounting Hardware. There is no need to upgrade from the AXP90-X47 in my opinion, but if building a new system, this cooler by Alpenföhn should be your go to! :)

Reactions: BaK and Arboreal

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
For those who are interested and located in Europe: Geizhals is listing it since November 17th, the usual suspects offer it already for sale (Mindfactory, Alternate + Caseking).

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: BaK

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I would consider the Design of the Panorama 2 as beeing better, as it has side covers, to duckt the airflow and push all exhaust in two directions. If mounted correctly (like in m video...I saw some sources doing it wrong and pushing the hot air right into the case / against the RAM) this cooler is with 39€ cheaper, better available and also equipped with LGA 1700 & AM5 Mounting Hardware. There is no need to upgrade from the AXP90-X47 in my opinion, but if building a new system, this cooler by Alpenföhn should be your go to! :)
AXP90-X47 Full Copper is cheaper than Panorama 2 here in UK atleast at roughly £27, which can be had with free delivery as Amazon prime member vs. £35 excluding delivery for Panorama 2. Alpenfohn coolers are not available outside of European area. AXP90-X47 does supports AM5 and LGA1700. Granted some AM5 ITX boards with black backplates will require smaller diameter aftermarket nuts to work. ASROCK, Gigabyte boards. The mounting is little outdated, but looks like Panorama 2 also mounts from back of the motherboard, so not big deal. What I'm curious about is thermal performance comparisons, since it's more impactful with smaller coolers. AXP90-X47 FC and X53 FC beat similar size coolers by fair margins and even larger coolers in my own testing on LGA1700 and AM5. Panorama 2 is also only on preorder atm, so unable to try it out.

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
AXP90-X47 Full Copper is cheaper than Panorama 2 here in UK atleast at roughly £27, which can be had with free delivery as Amazon prime member vs. £35 excluding delivery for Panorama 2. Alpenfohn coolers are not available outside of European area. AXP90-X47 does supports AM5 and LGA1700. Granted some AM5 ITX boards with black backplates will require smaller diameter aftermarket nuts to work. ASROCK, Gigabyte boards. The mounting is little outdated, but looks like Panorama 2 also mounts from back of the motherboard, so not big deal. What I'm curious about is thermal performance comparisons, since it's more impactful with smaller coolers. AXP90-X47 FC and X53 FC beat similar size coolers by fair margins and even larger coolers in my own testing on LGA1700 and AM5. Panorama 2 is also only on preorder atm, so unable to try it out.

I have ordered both Copper & Black AXP90-X47 for testing purposes. I will update on that topic soon.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I know it's a bit of a strange question to ask here, but could anyone who lives in the EU tell me about the ballpark of how much tax one has to pay when the case arrives, please?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I know it's a bit of a strange question to ask here, but could anyone who lives in the EU tell me about the ballpark of how much tax one has to pay when the case arrives, please?
This varies by country. You can expect to pay your country's standard VAT rate (you can look it up online if you are not sure) based on the total amount paid and roughly 5-15 EUR in disbursement fees per shipment. It should be noted that the order will be shipped in two parts if it contains the gen 4 cable or handle.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've done a comparison between the RTX 4070 and RTX 4070 SUPER Founders Edition inside the Velka 7! :) Performance, Noise and Temps tested inside the case:

Next video will be the INNO3D RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Twin X2...yes it fits! 💪😏 Cheers

Reactions: L91 and rfarmer

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
So in my last Video I've compared both Founders Editions of the RTX 4070 and the new RTX 4070 SUPER inside the Velka 7 and announced that there will be a follow-up with the RTX 4070 Ti SUPER. As there is no Founders Edition of that GPU there was just one current Dual Slot option for that case...and yes the INNO3D RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Twin X2 will fit both the Velka 7 and Velka 5 as its just 250mm long! Guess that is a first:

By the way...I have mounted both two 40mm fans and additionally two 60mm fans inside the case! :)
With the current Revision of the case it is easy to get them fit inside the case and improve the airflow.

Reactions: L91 and rfarmer

oblivion

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 18, 2024
@Tofu240, the gpu shift mod is relatively simple - you'll only need a drill driver, a file and a 3d printer for riser holder. Was able to move it by 24 mm and probably that's the maximum
Curious if we can possibly fit the 500W GaN HDPlex PSU in the space made by the 24mm shift. I'm thinking the display cable extensions can go where the PSU was with an adapter plate or maybe this will only work for the V5/V7 3.0's direct I/O access. This would clear the path for the blow through FE cards.

Alternatively dual 250W GaN PSUs at the base of the V7 3.0 with a 265mm GPU length limit to account for the 25mm PSU height. Could possibly do this on the V7 2.0 if the display cable extensions can be routed to where the SFX PSU would have been.

I'm thinking of trying this. Can I get some feedback on this idea? Does it seem feasible?

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! :) As I was working on a project with the upcoming NASync Storage Units by UGREEN,
I was trying to find a way to get proper 10Gigabit LAN connection into my Velka 7 and I finally was able to check out the Innodisk EGPL-T101 which offers full 10G through a M.2 Adapter. Should be no problem to get the cut-out in the case a little bit bigger to get that a perfect fitment! ;)

Hope you like the idea and maybe you get inspired to set up your own home NAS solution! <3

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch