Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX V3 - 10.4L evolution of ATX console case

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
@riba Does my previous suggested combination of components still look as it would work? Maybe with 192 GB of RAM instead if Asus releases a BIOS for it soon.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba Does my previous suggested combination of components still look as it would work? Maybe with 192 GB of RAM instead if Asus releases a BIOS for it soon.

Hi,

Ok I just looked at it more carefully and it should work, just with two important notes.
1. as many newer asus boards, this one also breaks the atx standard by extending the IO plastic shield beyond the edge of the PCB, so you will have to remove it as it is a tight fit in that corner of the case. Luckily it looks like it takes just a few screws and it is completely separate from the VRM heatsink.
2. you might want to limit the PPT on 7950x, depending on your workload and ambient temperature, but I guess you already accounted for that :)

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
Hi,

Ok I just looked at it more carefully and it should work, just with two important notes.
1. as many newer asus boards, this one also breaks the atx standard by extending the IO plastic shield beyond the edge of the PCB, so you will have to remove it as it is a tight fit in that corner of the case. Luckily it looks like it takes just a few screws and it is completely separate from the VRM heatsink.
2. you might want to limit the PPT on 7950x, depending on your workload and ambient temperature, but I guess you already accounted for that :)
Does that mean that the only way to make it work would make it so that the ports had no shield?

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Hey I just wanted to give my feedback for the new batch.

I ordered mine some weeks ago and I put everyting together last weekend.
Specs: 5950x, GB x570i, 32GB DDR4 LP, Black Ridge, RTX 4090 FE, SF750

First of all I love the packaging. A box around the Case Box is a very good idea. Mine got a liitle squashed on one side but the Case Box itself didn't got any scratch.

For Building its very easy. I do a lot of builds from time to time and so its very easy to screw the whole frame together, put the parts in position and routing the cables. The 20cm cable from modDIY has the exact length which is need from the GPU to the PSU. (see picture on bottom)

I had several risers here an thought one will fit but the routing with a 3 Slot GPU is very tight. So weather from the DAN A4 nor the DAN A H20 did fit very properly. So I oredered the one from aliexpress which you suggestet earlier in this thread. Takes 3 Weeks but the DAN A4 (which is like the LINKUP riser) will do the job in between.

What I learned:
For the Mainboard I needed a USB 3 to USB-C Adapter. (I already had that)
I love the position of the Power Button.
The center of gravity is in my case (4090FE) very low so the case isnt able to fall over.
The Design is perfect for the FE series GPU Layout
Very well build quality.

I have four personal things I would like to mention:
1. I would like to have more screews for the outside panels. I know this would increase cost but the the panels were better tightened on the frame.
2. The toolless foot is a nice idea but i would like to secure with on or 2 screws.
The other ones have been mentioned here or in old threads for older versions:

3. Decrease Volume. I have a lot of space left and maybe there could be easily made 9l+ Volume version? So it woud be easy to put in a backpack. This is just an idea. I know the reasons and what you will sacrifice by reducing volume (No Atx etc..) Its just my opinion. :)
4. Holes for fans (20,40,60mm?) on top or bottom? I don't need that but maybe someone is installing a GPU with a different cooler Layout.

Overall: Great case and thank you for trying to build cases off tracks and not following mainstream case designs.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey I just wanted to give my feedback for the new batch.

I ordered mine some weeks ago and I put everyting together last weekend.
Specs: 5950x, GB x570i, 32GB DDR4 LP, Black Ridge, RTX 4090 FE, SF750

First of all I love the packaging. A box around the Case Box is a very good idea. Mine got a liitle squashed on one side but the Case Box itself didn't got any scratch.

For Building its very easy. I do a lot of builds from time to time and so its very easy to screw the whole frame together, put the parts in position and routing the cables. The 20cm cable from modDIY has the exact length which is need from the GPU to the PSU. (see picture on bottom)

I had several risers here an thought one will fit but the routing with a 3 Slot GPU is very tight. So weather from the DAN A4 nor the DAN A H20 did fit very properly. So I oredered the one from aliexpress which you suggestet earlier in this thread. Takes 3 Weeks but the DAN A4 (which is like the LINKUP riser) will do the job in between.

What I learned:
For the Mainboard I needed a USB 3 to USB-C Adapter. (I already had that)
I love the position of the Power Button.
The center of gravity is in my case (4090FE) very low so the case isnt able to fall over.
The Design is perfect for the FE series GPU Layout
Very well build quality.

I have four personal things I would like to mention:
1. I would like to have more screews for the outside panels. I know this would increase cost but the the panels were better tightened on the frame.
2. The toolless foot is a nice idea but i would like to secure with on or 2 screws.
The other ones have been mentioned here or in old threads for older versions:

3. Decrease Volume. I have a lot of space left and maybe there could be easily made 9l+ Volume version? So it woud be easy to put in a backpack. This is just an idea. I know the reasons and what you will sacrifice by reducing volume (No Atx etc..) Its just my opinion. :)
4. Holes for fans (20,40,60mm?) on top or bottom? I don't need that but maybe someone is installing a GPU with a different cooler Layout.

Overall: Great case and thank you for trying to build cases off tracks and not following mainstream case designs.

Hi, thank you for the feedback, this is a really great writeup and I am glad you like the case!

Regarding your points, it is like you are reading my mind, I suggest you check soon for a new thread 😉

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Here it is, a new case model, please tell me what do you think!

Reactions: Neathdrawls

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Hello, just bought a white P-ATX V3! Pretty excited about it, though I didn't see the post about the U-ITX before I bought, which would have been my ideal form factor... going for as small as possible + 4090 compatibility in anticipation of a future upgrade. Probably not worth waiting months(?) for the new product in any case: my Dan A4-SFX is sitting disassembled right now because my PSU can't deal with sitting next to a hot 3080 when playing Jedi Survivor.

Is there consensus on the best CPU cooler for the 59mm clearance? My CPU is running at 65W in my A4, would love to push it a bit further with better cooling.

Last edited:

kdawg0208

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 25, 2023
I recently ordered a p-atx v3 and will be using an atx motherboard and have 1x 2.5inch x 9mm drive and 1x. 2.5inch x 7mm drive.

I have 2 6950xt card options.First one is red devil power color. Dimensions are 320mm*153mm*62 mm.
Is there any configuration where it would fit considering the 2x 2.5inch drives above? I don't think so based on the specifications but figure I would check.

Otherwise, will the stock AMD card design fit? The dimensions are
267 mm x 120 mm x 50 mm.

Thank you!

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I recently ordered a p-atx v3 and will be using an atx motherboard and have 1x 2.5inch x 9mm drive and 1x. 2.5inch x 7mm drive.

I have 2 6950xt card options.First one is red devil power color. Dimensions are 320mm*153mm*62 mm.
Is there any configuration where it would fit considering the 2x 2.5inch drives above? I don't think so based on the specifications but figure I would check.

Otherwise, will the stock AMD card design fit? The dimensions are
267 mm x 120 mm x 50 mm.

Thank you!
If you are using an atx board, only the reference 6950xt will fit. The Red Devil is way too thick in the first place.

I had a build with an atx board and reference 6800xt, and even that is a tight fit already. The post and build is somewhere up there.

You should be able to fit the drives with the reference amd card.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hello, just bought a white P-ATX V3! Pretty excited about it, though I didn't see the post about the U-ITX before I bought, which would have been my ideal form factor... going for as small as possible + 4090 compatibility in anticipation of a future upgrade. Probably not worth waiting months(?) for the new product in any case: my Dan A4-SFX is sitting disassembled right now because my PSU can't deal with sitting next to a hot 3080 when playing Jedi Survivor.

Is there consensus on the best CPU cooler for the 59mm clearance? My CPU is running at 65W in my A4, would love to push it a bit further with better cooling.

Hi, thanks! Yeah not sure when the non-beta batch will be available, sorry!

Regarding the cooler choice, I have this helpful list:

I would recommend the IS cooling IS55.

Reactions: archagon

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hmm, I'm really curious how the IS-55 with its 120x15 fan would compare to an AXP90-X47 Full with an upgraded 92x25 fan. (Default is 92x15.) The numbers appear to be fairly close as-is, depending on the test: https://reviewer.co/coolers/idcooling-is-55

Good question, imho IS55 could be better

Or maybe even an X53 Full Black with a 92x20 fan (assuming these exist)?

I am not sure they do tbh, maybe some industrial ones from sunon or similar.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Notably, though, that video does not include either the x47 or the x53 copper versions. (It does include the 100, which performs a bit better than the IS-55.)

Also, this person did not see the same results as the video, and found that the AXP90 performed better on average: