Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

ComicMonkey

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 12, 2023
Can this case support an ATX motherboard and a 160mm power supply with a 4080 Gaming X Trio (337x140x67mm) ?

I prefer to ask to be sure.

I hope there will be enough to avoid the no more available in less than 5 minutes :s

This case looks perfect to me <3

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Can this case support an ATX motherboard and a 160mm power supply with a 4080 Gaming X Trio (337x140x67mm) ?

I prefer to ask to be sure.

I hope there will be enough to avoid the no more available in less than 5 minutes :s

This case looks perfect to me <3

Hi, it should fit but it might be a bit tight for the gpu thickness wise :)

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Great news for those wanting to buy a N-ATX. Hopefully most can get one!

On another note, ID-Cooling has released a new cooler that would be good for the N-ATX.

IS-67XT (coming in black or white), 67mm top down cooler, simliar to the Thermalright AXP120-x67. ID-Cooling has also took advice into consideration and included two different sets of mounting bars for AM4/AM5, allowing users to rotate the cooler to face either the IO or the RAM side.

China site has most of the marketing pictures, whereas the English site only has the specs.

https://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/395/name/IS-67-XT BLACK
https://www.idcooling.com.cn/Product/detail/id/304/name/IS-67-XT BLACK

Looking at it and the fin stack, with a 120x25mm fan swap, would probably be even better. Looking forward to getting mine to test it out.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Great news for those wanting to buy a N-ATX. Hopefully most can get one!

On another note, ID-Cooling has released a new cooler that would be good for the N-ATX.

IS-67XT (coming in black or white), 67mm top down cooler, simliar to the Thermalright AXP120-x67. ID-Cooling has also took advice into consideration and included two different sets of mounting bars for AM4/AM5, allowing users to rotate the cooler to face either the IO or the RAM side.

China site has most of the marketing pictures, whereas the English site only has the specs.

https://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/395/name/IS-67-XT BLACK
https://www.idcooling.com.cn/Product/detail/id/304/name/IS-67-XT BLACK

Looking at it and the fin stack, with a 120x25mm fan swap, would probably be even better. Looking forward to getting mine to test it out.

Thanks for letting me know, it looks really good, compatibility wise and I also like the AM4/5 rotating bracket, that is imho necessary inclusion. There are plenty of good options for N-ATX now, including the new deepcol AN600. I would just like to see some brutal full copper 120mm fan option :D

Reactions: Neathdrawls

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for letting me know, it looks really good, compatibility wise and I also like the AM4/5 rotating bracket, that is imho necessary inclusion. There are plenty of good options for N-ATX now, including the new deepcol AN600. I would just like to see some brutal full copper 120mm fan option :D
WE need Mike from Hardware Canucks to do a 67mm TD cooler review. We now have the Big Shuriken 3, Thermalright AXP120-X67, Deepcool AN600 and now the ID Cooling IS-67XT. Very similar coolers with fitment and compatibility although the 4 way mounting for the IS-67XT is brilliant. Really curious if there is a clear winner.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
WE need Mike from Hardware Canucks to do a 67mm TD cooler review. We now have the Big Shuriken 3, Thermalright AXP120-X67, Deepcool AN600 and now the ID Cooling IS-67XT. Very similar coolers with fitment and compatibility although the 4 way mounting for the IS-67XT is brilliant. Really curious if there is a clear winner.
You're reading my mind; Mike we need you!

Dream Claw

Cable Smoosher
Oct 10, 2022
An update on my N-ATX V2.

I just switched over from intel 9th gen to the Ryzen 7800x3d. with this change I am really started testing the limits of what would fit in this case with the configuration I wanted.

CPU: 7800x3d
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5 6000MHz
MB: Aorus B650M Elite AX
GPU: XFX 7900XT
COOLERS: NZXT Kraken120mm AIO and a Corsair Vengeance Ram Cooler
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G6
Storage: 2 Samsung 970EVO 1TB

The G6 power supply is 140mm instead of the standard 160mm and this was huge in fitting an AIO in the case. I also replaced my 3080 with the XFX 7900xt as it is 276mm long. The specs says this is 1 mm to long but it still managed to fit. it is snug but I didn't need to force the AIO into place. I switch to an AIO from the Big Shuriken 3 as the performance was ok, but Ryzen 7000 gets hot so the fans ramped up and down alot. I also 3d printed an air channel so the AIO would not pick up any heat from the GPU. The smaller GPU also made cable managing much easier.

The CPU doesn't necessarily run cooler, but in my benchmarking I went from an average of 4.6GHz all core to 4.85GHz all core thanks to the extra thermal headroom. It also runs much quieter.

I was a little concerned about the DDR5 RAM is it can run a bit hot but this RAM cooler from corsair fits perfectly in the case with about 2-3mm space between it and the side panel. Below are some pictures of my update PC. I am still loving this case and am amazed at the versatility it gives in such a small package!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
An update on my N-ATX V2.

I just switched over from intel 9th gen to the Ryzen 7800x3d. with this change I am really started testing the limits of what would fit in this case with the configuration I wanted.

CPU: 7800x3d
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5 6000MHz
MB: Aorus B650M Elite AX
GPU: XFX 7900XT
COOLERS: NZXT Kraken120mm AIO and a Corsair Vengeance Ram Cooler
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G6
Storage: 2 Samsung 970EVO 1TB

The G6 power supply is 140mm instead of the standard 160mm and this was huge in fitting an AIO in the case. I also replaced my 3080 with the XFX 7900xt as it is 276mm long. The specs says this is 1 mm to long but it still managed to fit. it is snug but I didn't need to force the AIO into place. I switch to an AIO from the Big Shuriken 3 as the performance was ok, but Ryzen 7000 gets hot so the fans ramped up and down alot. I also 3d printed an air channel so the AIO would not pick up any heat from the GPU. The smaller GPU also made cable managing much easier.

The CPU doesn't necessarily run cooler, but in my benchmarking I went from an average of 4.6GHz all core to 4.85GHz all core thanks to the extra thermal headroom. It also runs much quieter.

I was a little concerned about the DDR5 RAM is it can run a bit hot but this RAM cooler from corsair fits perfectly in the case with about 2-3mm space between it and the side panel. Below are some pictures of my update PC. I am still loving this case and am amazed at the versatility it gives in such a small package!

Very nice config, thanks for sharing and glad you like the case! I was surprised to see 120mm aio with 7900xt, looks like it just fits. Also very interesting ram cooler, haven't seen that in a long time :)

Dream Claw

Cable Smoosher
Oct 10, 2022
Very nice config, thanks for sharing and glad you like the case! I was surprised to see 120mm aio with 7900xt, looks like it just fits. Also very interesting ram cooler, haven't seen that in a long time :)
Like I said the AIO is snug. I can't speak to other AIOs but the NZXT fit like a dream. Another reason I chose the Kraken was because the pump is in the radiator so there is no fear of having the pump at the highest point and causing issue with air. This ram cooler did seem like it was from an older time, but there are active listings on amazon for it. May not be needed but I figured why not.

Dea1276

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 11, 2023
Just updated the stock again, got both N-ATX and some P-ATX cases left:

Also got a new shipment of risers :)
Just discovered this case, looks perfect for what I want to do. I am currently running a mATX setup in a Corsair 280x. I want to free up some desk space and I should be able to swap my whole build over minus the aio. Do you have a rough ETA on the next batch of N-ATX cases?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Just discovered this case, looks perfect for what I want to do. I am currently running a mATX setup in a Corsair 280x. I want to free up some desk space and I should be able to swap my whole build over minus the aio. Do you have a rough ETA on the next batch of N-ATX cases?
Hi and thanks! They will be available to order in November :)

Reactions: Dea1276

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Added another Noctua 4020mm up top, one more Thermalright 8015mm at the bottom, and a Jonsbo RAM cooler (two fans). Tempted to just add another two 4010mm (next to the 8015mm) and maybe three 4020mm (in front of the PCIe cable) at the bottom too.

Must make use of all the ATX board's fan headers right?

I think we need more fans! I think three 40mm fans will fit over the IO/VRM shield area (if only there were proper mounting holes for them in this revision).