Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Option 1 for me. Option 2 or 3 may lead to structural issues.

Have you considered an option for tempered glass window panel? with perforations.

These are my personal opinions ofc.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Visually, the options aren't too different, and given the length of the panel it doesn't harm the look for the perforations to be split into two areas. Slight preference for option #2 if it doesn't affect the rigidity of the panel.

Have you considered an option for tempered glass window panel? with perforations.

I would love a tempered glass option. Key being "option", since it will limit some builds thermally, and I know a lot of people do not want a windowed panel in any circumstance.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thank you for your thought guys!

I was almost 100% sure that option number 2 would be the favorite :) For me both options are fine so I will leave things as they are.

I plan to offer acrylic or wooden side panel option:

Unfortunately tempered glass is not an option since it can't be perforated and I don't want my case to be an hot box, I want my cases to have high thermal performance.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Thank you for your thought guys!

I was almost 100% sure that option number 2 would be the favorite :) For me both options are fine so I will leave things as they are.

I plan to offer acrylic or wooden side panel option:

Unfortunately tempered glass is not an option since it can't be perforated and I don't want my case to be an hot box, I want my cases to have high thermal performance.

Good enough for me. :D

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
I know you said mid-september. But do you have like a hard date? Are you planning to send this to any reviewers?

Also, please do sort out a shipper to the US as well.

Ps. I do have an office in Germany where I travel often though and one of my team mate, Vedran, happens to be from Croatia. :D

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I know you said mid-september. But do you have like a hard date? Are you planning to send this to any reviewers?

Also, please do sort out a shipper to the US as well.

Ps. I do have an office in Germany where I travel often though and one of my team mate, Vedran, happens to be from Croatia. :D

I can't promise a fixed dates, since I depend on few other companies for laser cutting, powder-coating etc.

I will ship to US and the rest of the world ;)

Yeah, lot of our people works there :)

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Hi guys, I need your opinion on this one. I'm realized that the case could potentially look better with left side panel perforations all the way through.

So, here we have, option number one, current design:

Option 1:

New idea, perforations all the way through:

Option 2:

And bonus, option 2 but without small holes:

Option 3:

What to you like the most? I think that the option 2 is the most elegant.

And full album if someone wants larger pictures:

Thank you in advance! ?
I vote for option 1.
This is because it gives personality to the case.
Design details that characterise an object are needed in a product to differentiate it and to give personality.
I think one of these elements is in the option 1 side central band without holes.

Reactions: riba2233

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I can't promise a fixed dates, since I depend on few other companies for laser cutting, powder-coating etc.

I will ship to US and the rest of the world ;)

Awesome.

If you end up having any completely unpainted prototype cases or still plan to offer that as an option, I would definitely like to buy one; I have a specific build in mind and it would save me a lot of time if it's not painted.

madejackson

Chassis Packer
Jan 18, 2019
Hi riba, I really like the design of your case and the ATX-Compatibility is a real killer feature.

Would it be possible to add compatibility for a 3-Slot-GPU in combo with an ITX Mobo? It would increase the possibilities even further.

I'm looking for the same case for my systems. I would need at least two, probably three cases. (1x me ITX, 1x gf mATX, 1x unraid ATX)

I shared this info also on the S402 thread, as it is a very similar case but the other way around (lacking ATX-Support).

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
This is absolutely gorgeous! I NEED this chassis. I just picked up myself a MO-RA3 420 and this just seems like a match made in heaven. I just found this thread (been off the forums for quite a while) so I haven't sifted through all the pages of comments but how long until this is available for purchase?

EDIT: So after looking through all the pictures I have one concern but it will likely only effect people who plan on running a external water-cooling solution. So with all the heat management removed from the chassis I'm concerned that with little to no airflow the backside of the gpu and the lower portion of the motherboard would potentially get really hot right? I see that there are a few fan mounts up top but with all the perforation on the sides it's unlikely that they will move the air around in that area. Would it be possible to have similar fan mounts on the bottom?

I'm sure the heat generated isn't much but that's where my m.2 drive is on my motherboard that has a heat sink and I'd imagine that the heat sink would just absorb a lot of that heat which would heat up the drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi, thank you for compliments! :)

Yes, there are a few fan mounts on the bottom if you are worried, but I wouldn't be TBH, there is just not that much heat being produced down there.

I will take some thermal images when I assemble the case again with two NVME SSD's loaded, without any case fans.

Reactions: CountNoctua

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Hi, thank you for compliments!

Yes, there are a few fan mounts on the bottom if you are worried, but I wouldn't be TBH, there is just not that much heat being produced down there.

I will take some thermal images when I assemble the case again with two NVME SSD's loaded, without any case fans.
Cool! That would definitely ease my worries haha. For what it's worth Im running a founders 2080ti and a 9900k so it would likely be hotter than a average build.

Regardless I look forward to the update. Also it looks like the release is looking like mid September? Is that still the case? I'm eagerly waiting for my chance to get on.

Reactions: CountNoctua