Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Made an account just for this case. Very excited, but I'll have to find a low profile x99 cooler. Super stoked to find a case that checks all my boxes.

Thank you and I'm really glad for that! :)

You can check out dynatron coolers:

You can mount bigger fan to them, 25 mm thick one, and you can put 60 mm fans on top to pull out hot air and that combination should work fine.

Also, you can consider id-cooling is-50:

But I'm not sure if i comes with mounts for socke 2011-3, maybe you could hack something. Also, it's 2 mm to tall, but you can either squish it a little bit, or use 120x12mm fan instead of 15mm thick one.

Or, of course use an AIO if you have nothing else in that space.

Reactions: mr.squishy

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Thank you and I'm really glad for that! :)

You can check out dynatron coolers:

You can mount bigger fan to them, 25 mm thick one, and you can put 60 mm fans on top to pull out hot air and that combination should work fine.

Also, you can consider id-cooling is-50:

But I'm not sure if i comes with mounts for socke 2011-3, maybe you could hack something. Also, it's 2 mm to tall, but you can either squish it a little bit, or use 120x12mm fan instead of 15mm thick one.

Or, of course use an AIO if you have nothing else in that space.
Definitely some good options here. I like how you have the option to use full size hard drives in the case though, so I would like to avoid using an AIO if possible. I think the Black Ridge/Dan Cooler might have had plans for LGA 2011 mounts, but I'm not sure if they ever went through with it.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Definitely some good options here. I like how you have the option to use full size hard drives in the case though, so I would like to avoid using an AIO if possible. I think the Black Ridge/Dan Cooler might have had plans for LGA 2011 mounts, but I'm not sure if they ever went through with it.

Yeah, that would also be a nice option :)

I have just seem that the big shuriken 2 rev b is 58 mm, so if it could be squished by 5mm it would also fit (you'd need to remove heatsinks from RAM probably).

It should be easier to modify comparing to other coolers because it has heatpipes on both sides, so it would go down symmetrically, and it has a lot of empty space between the base and the finstack.

If I find one cheap I will buy it and try :)

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Yeah, that would also be a nice option :)

I have just seem that the big shuriken 2 rev b is 58 mm, so if it could be squished by 5mm it would also fit (you'd need to remove heatsinks from RAM probably).

It should be easier to modify comparing to other coolers because it has heatpipes on both sides, so it would go down symmetrically, and it has a lot of empty space between the base and the finstack.

If I find one cheap I will buy it and try :)
That's definitely an interesting option, it would be interesting to see the results! It's funny, have a dark rock tf in my build right now. I bought it to go in my NZXT Vulcan way back when because it was a "small" cooler. That cooler is like 130mm tall!

Edit: What goes in the extra space if a flexatx/tfx psu is used? Is there maybe room for a 3.5" hdd?

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That's definitely an interesting option, it would be interesting to see the results! It's funny, have a dark rock tf in my build right now. I bought it to go in my NZXT Vulcan way back when because it was a "small" cooler. That cooler is like 130mm tall!

Edit: What goes in the extra space if a flexatx/tfx psu is used? Is there maybe room for a 3.5" hdd?

With that extra space you can put E-ATX motherboard. There is unfortunately not enough space for HDD above the FLEX psu, few mm missing and I would have to provide some sort of bracket for mounting it.

This case with external watercooling will be awesome, just wondering if a D5 will fit inside if i use a full length GPU and no drives

I think that D5 is a bit too large, but DDC should fit without issues.

Here is the drawing so you can see how much space you have available with 268 mm gpu:

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
With that extra space you can put E-ATX motherboard. There is unfortunately not enough space for HDD above the FLEX psu, few mm missing and I would have to provide some sort of bracket for mounting it.

I think that D5 is a bit too large, but DDC should fit without issues.

Here is the drawing so you can see how much space you have available with 268 mm gpu:

Im going with an external D5 then

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
~snip~
Is a flex psu required if you want to use an E-ATX Motherboard? I'm planning on using an E-ATX X99 board that's roughly 267mm wide
Edit: looks like it is, do you have any renders with the FLEX psu?

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Im going with an external D5 then

Yeah sorry, it's just too big.

Is a flex psu required if you want to use an E-ATX Motherboard? I'm planning on using an E-ATX X99 board that's roughly 267mm wide
Edit: looks like it is, do you have any renders with the FLEX psu?

Yes, this case was designed with standard ATX in mind, and EATX is an option only with Flex or TFX Psu. I will also be making larger case (around 13.5 liters) which will support EATX board with SFX-L PSU and much larger GPU and better watercooling options.

Here are the renders with TFX and Flex PSU in a system:

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah sorry, it's just too big.

Yes, this case was designed with standard ATX in mind, and EATX is an option only with Flex or TFX Psu. I will also be making larger case (around 13.5 liters) which will support EATX board with SFX-L PSU and much larger GPU and better watercooling options.

Do you have renders for the bigger case?

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019

~snip~
Wow, that looks so good. Is there any support for a horizontal orientation of the case if an AIO isn't being used?

Also, looks like if a FlexAtx psu is required, GEEEK is the only option that offers high wattage modular power supplies.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
When are you planning to put on production the 9L version??
Bro, i need this case lol

Whoa guy I'm really glad you like it and want it, and don't worry, there will be enough for everyone :)

I'm just starting the production, and plan to start selling in mid September.

Wow, that looks so good. Is there any support for a horizontal orientation of the case if an AIO isn't being used?

Also, looks like if a FlexAtx psu is required, GEEEK is the only option that offers high wattage modular power supplies.

Yes, it should work fine for horizontal orientation. I will provide some small rubber feet but it will be close to ground because GPU and CPU will draw air from the top.

Might have missed it, but would there be enough room/clearance for 40mm fans under the GPU?

Sure, there are holes for two 40mm fans, up to 20mm thick, or if you are using MBO smaller than ATX, one 60x20mm fan.

izrek

Cable Smoosher
Feb 23, 2018
Hello, what are your plans for the case accesories? Which items came bundled with the case and which part(s) have to be ordered separately?
Also, is the tubing for the Asetek 92mm AIO long enough for use in this case?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hello, what are your plans for the case accesories? Which items came bundled with the case and which part(s) have to be ordered separately?
Also, is the tubing for the Asetek 92mm AIO long enough for use in this case?

Hi, case will come with SFX supply holder, hard drive holder, stand, all the necessary screws and standoffs. Optional accessories will be flex and TFX supply holder, 92mm AIO adapter, and potentially acrylic and wooden left panels.

For 92mm aio, it depends on the board and socket position, but I think it should although I'm not 100% on that. You can orient 92mm adapter in 4 ways so you can put it closer in needed.

Reactions: izrek