Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

thekatrin

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2019
What will the weight and dimensions of this be? Currently considering a case for a no-compromise flight carry-on solution, which would need to be less than 55 cm x 35 cm x 22.8 cm generally, atx and 3/4 slots seems like a bigger deal for the new gen stuff coming out too

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
What will the weight and dimensions of this be? Currently considering a case for a no-compromise flight carry-on solution, which would need to be less than 55 cm x 35 cm x 22.8 cm generally, atx and 3/4 slots seems like a bigger deal for the new gen stuff coming out too

Oh yeah I forgot to put the dimensions in the OP, here they are:

405.5 x 367 x 101

15 liters

It seems like one dimensions is a bit too long.

someuser

Efficiency Noob
Oct 6, 2021
Interested in this case, would you be able to confirm the compatibility of a 280mm AiO (say an NZXT X61) with an mATX mobo?

I tried to figure out myself but there isn't a page for the V2 and it seems you only specifically state the compatibility for ATX and mITX boards on the V1 guide.

Love you work and thanks in advance!

Reactions: rfarmer

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Interested in this case, would you be able to confirm the compatibility of a 280mm AiO (say an NZXT X61) with an mATX mobo?

I tried to figure out myself but there isn't a page for the V2 and it seems you only specifically state the compatibility for ATX and mITX boards on the V1 guide.

Love you work and thanks in advance!
Hi, if you use rad larger than 120mm than you can only ise itx motherboards. I will post specs and compatibility in the next week :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Did you retain/expand the ability to install small fans on the top of the case?
Hi, not really tbh, I had to push motherboard all the way up to make room for the huge upcoming gpus. I think that will matter more in the long run. There is a chance that some thin 80mm fans could fit, I will have to check that. Vent spacing is still the same, it matches the holes on 80mm fans.

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Hi, not really tbh, I had to push motherboard all the way up to make room for the huge upcoming gpus. I think that will matter more in the long run. There is a chance that some thin 80mm fans could fit, I will have to check that. Vent spacing is still the same, it matches the holes on 80mm fans.

Gotcha, thanks. First thing I will try when I get this case is install a row of 80mm fans on the top for extra cooling. Then install 3x of 120mm or 140mm fans (whichever fits) behind GPU, this way it should keep my 3090 nice and cool with additional airflow and hot air being pumped out.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi @riba2233 I would have a new question.
What will be maximum GPU dimensions while using ATX MB with N2 (N-ATX v2) please?
As far as understood on N2, like on P3, you removed top offset to maximize GPU compatibility, am I correct?

Dream Claw

Cable Smoosher
Oct 10, 2022
Love this case! I am subscribed to your emails and can't wait to order one asap!

With these new changes what are the max gpu and psu sizes you can have to accommodate a 120mm AIO?

Reactions: riba2233