Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Understood. However I don't find on your shop Gen3/4 riser for N-ATX. Will it come once N-ATX v2 will be available?

It will use same risers as P-ATX V3, ones that are currently listed. I just need to rename them in the shop.

Hi @riba2233 I would have a new question.
What will be maximum GPU dimensions while using ATX MB with N2 (N-ATX v2) please?
As far as understood on N2, like on P3, you removed top offset to maximize GPU compatibility, am I correct?

Yeah gpu compatibility is better than in V1. So with ATX or uATX mbo it is like this:

1. max 3 slot if gpu goes over the slot on the mbo in which riser is plugged in, 163mm tall and 388mm long
2. 3.25 slots thick and 145 mm tall if pcie connector is in the second slot
3. 3.25 slots thick and 163 mm tall if pcie connector is in the first slot

Love this case! I am subscribed to your emails and can't wait to order one asap!

With these new changes what are the max gpu and psu sizes you can have to accommodate a 120mm AIO?

Thanks! PSU 160mm long, and gpu it depends on the thickness. if it is up to two slot and you use a thin fan on the aio, then up to 388mm long but shorter is better ofc for the airflow. With 3 slot up to 275mm long or 305 if you use 92m fan on the 120mm aio.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It will use same risers as P-ATX V3, ones that are currently listed. I just need to rename them in the shop.

Yeah gpu compatibility is better than in V1. So with ATX or uATX mbo it is like this:

1. max 3 slot if gpu goes over the slot on the mbo in which riser is plugged in, 163mm tall and 388mm long
2. 3.25 slots thick and 145 mm tall if pcie connector is in the second slot
3. 3.25 slots thick and 163 mm tall if pcie connector is in the first slot

Thanks! PSU 160mm long, and gpu it depends on the thickness. if it is up to two slot and you use a thin fan on the aio, then up to 388mm long but shorter is better ofc for the airflow. With 3 slot up to 275mm long or 305 if you use 92m fan on the 120mm aio.
Thanks @riba2233
For GPU size IO can summary like this :
  • Mini ITX/Micro ATX (in general)/Mini DTX MB : 3.25 slots thick and 163 mm tall if pcie connector is in the first slot
  • ATX MB (in general) : 3.25 slots thick and 145 mm tall if pcie connector is in the second slot
Stupid question, is there any cutout for a standard expansion card in first slot?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks @riba2233
For GPU size IO can summary like this :
  • Mini ITX/Micro ATX (in general)/Mini DTX MB : 3.25 slots thick and 163 mm tall if pcie connector is in the first slot
  • ATX MB (in general) : 3.25 slots thick and 145 mm tall if pcie connector is in the second slot
Stupid question, is there any cutout for a standard expansion card in first slot?
Yeah that is correct! And if you want gpu taller than 145mm while your pcie slot is in second position, they you can ise 3slot gpu. I know it is a small difference but it will matter for many upcoming models.

There isn't any cutout, it would seriously impact the structure, rear panel is already near design limits in few areas :)

tajmahal

Chassis Packer
Apr 27, 2020
So does that mean the ASUS 4090 TUF won’t fit? Or did I misunderstand that?

And if it does fit, what’s the maximum practical PSU length? I’ve noticed the PSU dimensions for many “premium” manufacturers (e.g. Corsair) to be rather large if you look at the 1000W range models that are probably required for the top-end RTX 4000 cards.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So does that mean the ASUS 4090 TUF won’t fit? Or did I misunderstand that?

And if it does fit, what’s the maximum practical PSU length? I’ve noticed the PSU dimensions for many “premium” manufacturers (e.g. Corsair) to be rather large if you look at the 1000W range models that are probably required for the top-end RTX 4000 cards.

All gpus will fit, but if they are wider than 3.25 slot you will have to use an ITX motherboard, like with tuf 4090 which is 3.5 slots thick.

TUF is 150mm tall so up to 150mm long psu will fit. But don't worry, quality 850W unit is more than enough for these, even with oc. And there are plently of psus in 850-1200w range shorter than 140mm, both SFX and ATX models.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh, great, thanks for the clarification!
Np,

I have also put specs and compatibility in the first post now.

SFF time N-ATX V2 specifications:

• 15 L volume with 405.5 x 367 x 101 mm outer dimensions
• console/"pizza box" style case with CPU and GPU fans in the same orientation
• ATX power supply up to 180 mm
• vertically mounted GPU with multiple riser cable options
• support for following motherboard sizes: mini-ITX, mini-DTX, micro-ATX, ATX
• support for 380mm long triple slot graphic card, or 4 slot if using ITX sized motherboard
• support for 360mm radiators
• CPU coolers up to 79 mm in height
• support for a 3.5" drive and up to eleven 2.5" drives
• back of motherboard accessible for cooler installation
• front USB-C gen3.2 port
• sturdy powder-coated aluminum construction
• narrow footprint - 120 mm wide with included stand
• inverted layout option
• 1.95 kg weight

COMPATIBILITY

I. ATX configuration:

MOTHERBOARD COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. ATX, mini ATX, mini DTX
2. if using mini ITX boards please see next chapter: "Standard ITX configuration"

GPU COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Width:

a) up to triple slot (~62 mm including backplate)
b) up to 3.25 slot (~67mm including backplate) if GPU is no taller than 145 mm and PCIe slot on the motherboard in is second position.
If it is in first position then GPU can be up to 163mm tall

2. Length:

a) default (one 3.5" drive or four 2.5" drives option) or dual slot gpu with 120mm radiator - 388 mm
b) triple slot gpu with 120 mm radiator - 275 mm
c) triple slot with more than four or dual slot gpu with more than six 2.5 SSDs installed - 330 mm

3. Height:

a) default with 140 mm long power supply - 163 mm
b) with 160 mm long power supply - 143 mm
c) with 180 mm long power supply - 123 mm

Notes:

* dimensions do not include PCI bracket.
* PCI-e riser cable is not included with the case by default

CPU COOLER COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Air cooler – up to 79 mm high

2. Water cooling radiator support:

a) block with tubes exiting from the side – up to 79 mm high
b) block with tubes exiting from the top – up to 49 mm high
c) 120 mm radiator – up to 90 mm total thickness for radiator and fan, 125 mm max radiator width

Notes:

* 120 mm radiators can only be used with ATX power supplies up to 160 mm long or with SFX power supplies.
* Please see other configurations for additional radiator compatibility up to 360 mm.
* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various radiator options.
* Please see HDD compatibility for HDD dimension limits with various radiator options.

POWER SUPPLY COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. ATX power supplies - up to 180 mm long

2. SFX power supplies - up to 140 mm long (SFX and SFX-L units)

Notes:

* Maximum power supply rated power is limited to 1200 W on 120 V circuits. Please do not exceed this limit.
* Please see water-cooling compatibility for radiator dimension limits with various power supply options.
* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various power supply options.
* Please see HDD compatibility for HDD dimension limits with various power supply options.

HARD DRIVES COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. 3.5" hard drives – one unit with maximum PSU length of 170 mm

2. 2.5" hard drives – 7 mm thick units with following options:

a) without any 3.5" drives – 11 units
b) with one 3.5" drive – 7 units

Notes:

* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various hard drive options.
* HDD support is limited to a few 2.5” units if using water cooling, depending on radiator + fan thickness.

CASE FANS COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Side position - one 120 fan on the motherboard tray. Installing fan in this position removes one 3.5" or three 2.5" hard drive positions

MEMORY STICKS – UP TO 84 MM TALL

II. ITX configuration:

Note:
* for missing sections please see "Standard ATX configuration"

1. mini ITX or wide ITX
2. mini DTX is possible with 120 mm wide radiators but will limit GPU height for 4 slot gpus to 130 mm

GPU COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Width:

a) up to 4 slot (~82 mm including backplate)
b) single or dual slot if using 240, 280 or 360 mm radiator

2. Length (for 4 slot GPUs):

a) default - 388 mm
b) with 120 mm radiator or fan - 275 mm
c) with 3.5" HDD installed - 285 mm
d) with more than one 2.5" SSD installed - 330 mm

3. Height:

a) default - 163 mm

Notes:
* dimensions do not include PCI bracket

c) with 120 radiator - up to 4 slot GPU
d) with 240, 280 or 360mm radiator + fan combination up to 42 mm total thickness - dual slot GPU
e) with 240, 280 or 360mm radiator + fan combination up to 62 mm total thickness - single slot GPU
f) 360 mm radiators up to 400 mm long are supported

Notes:

* 120 mm radiators can only be used with ATX power supplies up to 160 mm long or with SFX power supplies.
* 240, 280 or 360 mm radiators do not limit power supply options.
* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various radiator options.
* If using 240, 280 or 360 mm radiator and reference height water cooled GPU, you will need to have water block that supports vertical tube exit
* 280 mm radiator could limit the GPU length if using dual slot GPU due to tube exit location
* There is 77 mm wide space for water cooling pump between mITX or mDTX motherboard and ATX power supply, or 102 mm with SFX power supply

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What is best air cpu cooler for N-ATX v2? Clearance of 79 mm
I was thinking of following ones :
  • Id cooling IS-60 evo with 25mm fan : 74mm height (pretty good, but below 92mm could be noisy)
  • Thermalright axp120-x67 with 25mm fan : 77mm height
  • Scythe big shuriken 3 with 25mm fan : 77mm height
  • Noctua nh-l12s : 70mm height (too much gap to avoid hot air recycling, I think)

What would be your advice ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
What is best air cpu cooler for N-ATX v2? Clearance of 79 mm
I was thinking of following ones :
  • Id cooling IS-60 evo with 25mm fan : 74mm height (pretty good, but below 92mm could be noisy)
  • Thermalright axp120-x67 with 25mm fan : 77mm height
  • Scythe big shuriken 3 with 25mm fan : 77mm height
  • Noctua nh-l12s : 70mm height (too much gap to avoid hot air recycling, I think)

What would be your advice ?

Imho this: "Thermalright axp120-x67 with 25mm fan : 77mm height"

But ID-cooling could be fine if you use backplate mount. You can also remove 92mm, doubt it does much with 25mm 120 on top :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Imho this: "Thermalright axp120-x67 with 25mm fan : 77mm height"

But ID-cooling could be fine if you use backplate mount. You can also remove 92mm, doubt it does much with 25mm 120 on top :)
Same opinion here. I've ordered AXP120-x67 as it would be also compatible with Socket Intel 1700 (future upgrade). It will be more convenient also as it is using AM4/AM5 backplate.

ID Cooling IS-47K/IS-60 EVO are sharing same heatsink. This heatsink has very, very (too?) dense fins array that requires presence of both top & bottom fans to be effective. While I was using IS-60EVO in my CL-530 I was annoyed by noise of bottom 92mm slim fan.

YeahImSpeedy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2022
Np,

I have also put specs and compatibility in the first post now.

SFF time N-ATX V2 specifications:

• 15 L volume with 405.5 x 367 x 101 mm outer dimensions
• console/"pizza box" style case with CPU and GPU fans in the same orientation
• ATX power supply up to 180 mm
• vertically mounted GPU with multiple riser cable options
• support for following motherboard sizes: mini-ITX, mini-DTX, micro-ATX, ATX
• support for 380mm long triple slot graphic card, or 4 slot if using ITX sized motherboard
• support for 360mm radiators
• CPU coolers up to 79 mm in height
• support for a 3.5" drive and up to eleven 2.5" drives
• back of motherboard accessible for cooler installation
• front USB-C gen3.2 port
• sturdy powder-coated aluminum construction
• narrow footprint - 120 mm wide with included stand
• inverted layout option
• 1.95 kg weight

COMPATIBILITY

I. ATX configuration:

1. ATX, mini ATX, mini DTX
2. if using mini ITX boards please see next chapter: "Standard ITX configuration"

GPU COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Width:

a) up to triple slot (~62 mm including backplate)
b) up to 3.25 slot (~67mm including backplate) if GPU is no taller than 145 mm and PCIe slot on the motherboard in is second position.
If it is in first position then GPU can be up to 163mm tall

2. Length:

a) default (one 3.5" drive or four 2.5" drives option) or dual slot gpu with 120mm radiator - 388 mm
b) triple slot gpu with 120 mm radiator - 275 mm
c) triple slot with more than four or dual slot gpu with more than six 2.5 SSDs installed - 330 mm

3. Height:

a) default with 140 mm long power supply - 163 mm

Notes:

* dimensions do not include PCI bracket.

c) 120 mm radiator – up to 90 mm total thickness for radiator and fan, 125 mm max radiator width

Notes:

* Please see other configurations for additional radiator compatibility up to 360 mm.
* Please see HDD compatibility for HDD dimension limits with various radiator options.

POWER SUPPLY COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. ATX power supplies - up to 180 mm long

2. SFX power supplies - up to 140 mm long (SFX and SFX-L units)

Notes:

* Maximum power supply rated power is limited to 1200 W on 120 V circuits. Please do not exceed this limit.
* Please see water-cooling compatibility for radiator dimension limits with various power supply options.
* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various power supply options.
* Please see HDD compatibility for HDD dimension limits with various power supply options.

HARD DRIVES COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. 3.5" hard drives – one unit with maximum PSU length of 170 mm

2. 2.5" hard drives – 7 mm thick units with following options:

a) without any 3.5" drives – 11 units
b) with one 3.5" drive – 7 units

Notes:

* Please see GPU compatibility for GPU dimension limits with various hard drive options.
* HDD support is limited to a few 2.5” units if using water cooling, depending on radiator + fan thickness.

CASE FANS COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Side position - one 120 fan on the motherboard tray. Installing fan in this position removes one 3.5" or three 2.5" hard drive positions

MEMORY STICKS – UP TO 84 MM TALL

II. ITX configuration:

Note:
* for missing sections please see "Standard ATX configuration"

1. mini ITX or wide ITX
2. mini DTX is possible with 120 mm wide radiators but will limit GPU height for 4 slot gpus to 130 mm

GPU COMPATIBILITY GUIDE:

1. Width:

a) up to 4 slot (~82 mm including backplate)
b) single or dual slot if using 240, 280 or 360 mm radiator

2. Length (for 4 slot GPUs):

a) default - 388 mm
b) with 120 mm radiator or fan - 275 mm
c) with 3.5" HDD installed - 285 mm
d) with more than one 2.5" SSD installed - 330 mm

3. Height:

a) default - 163 mm

Notes:
* dimensions do not include PCI bracket

c) with 120 radiator - up to 4 slot GPU
d) with 240, 280 or 360mm radiator + fan combination up to 42 mm total thickness - dual slot GPU
e) with 240, 280 or 360mm radiator + fan combination up to 62 mm total thickness - single slot GPU
f) 360 mm radiators up to 400 mm long are supported

Notes:

* 240, 280 or 360 mm radiators do not limit power supply options.
* If using 240, 280 or 360 mm radiator and reference height water cooled GPU, you will need to have water block that supports vertical tube exit
* 280 mm radiator could limit the GPU length if using dual slot GPU due to tube exit location
* There is 77 mm wide space for water cooling pump between mITX or mDTX motherboard and ATX power supply, or 102 mm with SFX power supply
Thanks for the updated specs and compatibility! Any updates on release date? Very excited to get one soon :)

Reactions: someuser

detrophy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 21, 2022
Is a mounting point on V2 for a 120mm fan on the lower left side position available, so I could mount a D5 pump with the EK pump mount there?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
It saddens me that the upper GPU option is removed.
Now I need to find a V1 case somehow. :(

Yeah I am sorry about that but there was already borderline space for it on V1, there was just too many cons and design challenges copmared to number of people who used it

Is a mounting point on V2 for a 120mm fan on the lower left side position available, so I could mount a D5 pump with the EK pump mount there?

Yes, there is a place for 120mm fan/rad/pump below the psu, if that is what you had in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcParis