S4 MINI #107

noobi3st

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
So... would it fit the power brick, mouse and keyboard? :)
If you have an external brick, yes, definitely

Hello, how are cpu temps for you? I have the same mobo, cpu and cooler. Im hitting 47 Celsius on idle and peaking 96 during overwatch. Im thinking its the cables, theyre stock hdplex 300w. Do you think custom, shorter cables will bring down the temp? I can post pics of the setup.

What speed is your CPU running at, and have you manually set the voltage? I found that fixing the speed, manually setting the voltage and fixing the clock at 4.0 GHz provided a nice balance of silence, performance, and cool temperatures. Those temps at idle seems incredibly high, have you tried reapplying thermal paste?

When I had the HDPlex 300 in there, I didn't see any temps over 70 C when benching and ~63 C when playing Overwatch. Sure, you can post pics. What other hardware is in there, and what's your ambient room temperature?

Last edited:

noobi3st

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Got some things in and some things accomplished today.

It's the little things—going for an all-out black theme (have a couple other things up my sleeve as far as that's concerned)—and I'm making it count down to every last nut and bolt. Also replacing the screws with allen heads for a cleaner look.

960 sittin pretty, with the Scythe fan and feet poking through. Glad I went with the 960, as the price was only $30 more than the 850 Evo M.2, and the performance is absolutely mind blowing o_O Allen heads are countersunk differently than the original screws, and I can't decide if I want to modify the panels to make them flush or not. I kind of like the heads poking up just a bit :confused:

Polarized C7 connector—soldered, heat shrunk, and ready for installation

Power brick stuck to the side panel. It might not be the most beautiful or elegant solution, but it's what works best since I replaced the GPU fans with a Scythe. This means the brick will get some external cooling, but it didn't get all that hot in any of my testing.

Button sitting in the luxurious bezel. I've been running with no bezel for a few months, and I forgot just how good looking it was.

Cut away the foam that was needed, got a good test fit in.

Beer and benchmarks—both are going smoothly :thumb: