Production REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | industrial style case with 180mm fan and rad support

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Edit: the smearing in the top left corner is probably just butter the kids left on the table, cleaned off the rest...

thanks god it wasn't me... I'm sure I was wearing gloves when I packed it to prevent finger prints... XD

good to see everything arrived in good shape! looking forward to your build. :)

Last edited:

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Glad to see some other ones in here. I got mine yesterday. I'm going a little bit different route. All air. I'll be doing a single 180mm fan as exhaust. And maybe a 120 for intake.

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Oh that will come out nice! I am still collecting the rest of my PSU, then can do a stock air test. Radiator and tubes are behind.

Reactions: THUMPer

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I am receiving the first feedback from customers of the first batch and I'm glad to hear people are happy with the case.

However, there is one issue I'd like to address: for some reason it seems that some motherboards need to be pushed quite hard against the I/O shield to make it fit.

Today I had a look into this issue and re-tested the cases I still have on stock with all my MOBOs and I/O shields I have available. Three out of four fit almost perfectly, only one was a little bit off and had to be pushed in place.

So I had a closer look to that one to find the root cause: It seems that some I/O shields have a much smaller offset than others. Since I followed the design-guideline from Protocase, using a offset of 0.5mm from case wall to GPU bracket, this might cause issues for some MOBOs and I/O shields.

If you should run into this issue, here is a quick and dirty workaround to make it fit: just bend the flaps of your I/O shield outwards inwards as shown below and everything should fit just fine. For the next production batch planned for end of this month, I'll add another 0.3 to 0.5mm offset for better compatibility.

--------------------------------

Just for comparison: Silverstone RVZ and MetalFish S3

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty2k1

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020

It is coming together ladies!! CPU idles at 42 and stress test at 64! Pretty damn good.

Working on the fan controller now, so I can add more fans to get a push pull water cooling setup!

I'll update much more, just a quick one here.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
You could lay this case down and put this https://www.newegg.ca/p/1YF-003V-00101 next to it to have a little airflow. 600 CFM ought to be enough for everybody.

In all seriousness, now that my Threadripper deal have fallen through I have returned to earth and want to build a budget single thread monster: overclock a 3300X in the X570 Phantom Gaming until it melts out of the socket :p since I have an eGPU the only thing inside the case will the CPU (and an ancient nVidia NVS card to boot up). A HR-02 cooler sandwiched between two 180mm or 200mm fans will help :)

Last edited:

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
This design definitely looks great. How about seriously working on it? It is definitely something different and creative than the other tens of SFF cases constantly cloning each other with minor changes.

Give me a week and a half, and mine will look better....well...bigger..

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Some news on this one: new batch is in stock right now!

Also sharing another build configuration: ultra silent semi passive DC-ATX build with 65W CPU and 75W GPU