Production REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | industrial style case with 180mm fan and rad support

yoon

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2020
I have a suggestion: add removable air filter or mesh to either or both sides.
Also, is the power supply intake fan facing the wall? Is it ok?
IMHO, i think 20x20x30 would be fine too, doesnt make much of a footprint difference but have extra mm for more gpu, cooler options and breathing between psu and cooler.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This design definitely looks great. How about seriously working on it? It is definitely something different and creative than the other tens of SFF cases constantly cloning each other with minor changes.

Thanks Yugo.
I am seriously working on it already. ;)
Still collecting some feedback and then going to do some prototypes and tests...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have a suggestion: add removable air filter or mesh to either or both sides.
Also, is the power supply intake fan facing the wall? Is it ok?
IMHO, i think 20x20x30 would be fine too, doesnt make much of a footprint difference but have extra mm for more gpu, cooler options and breathing between psu and cooler.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can add aftermarket dust filters if you wish to do so, no problem.

No, the PSU has a good gap from the wall to breathe.

Do you know any GPUs with 200mm which would justify the size increase? I have a RTX2070 with 200mm but you can get the same also as Itx version. Same for the coolers, I think there are many good sub 80mm choices out there. Or do you have something specific in mind? Just let me know...

yoon

Cable Smoosher
Mar 8, 2020
Thanks for your feedback.

You can add aftermarket dust filters if you wish to do so, no problem.

No, the PSU has a good gap from the wall to breathe.

Do you know any GPUs with 200mm which would justify the size increase? I have a RTX2070 with 200mm but you can get the same also as Itx version. Same for the coolers, I think there are many good sub 80mm choices out there. Or do you have something specific in mind? Just let me know...
Nahh, its just my opinion to have it at 192mm. 182mm will be fine too. So people have extra mm to play with instead of just 80 and 180. Like the MSI 1650 super ventus, its exactly 180mm and im sure it will be a tight fit and people might just drop the idea. Its just my opinion... :D

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Nahh, its just my opinion to have it at 192mm. 182mm will be fine too. So people have extra mm to play with instead of just 80 and 180. Like the MSI 1650 super ventus, its exactly 180mm and im sure it will be a tight fit and people might just drop the idea. Its just my opinion... :D

Thanks Yoon, all feedback is welcome. I know what you mean. I'll definitely check to make it a little bit larger to support these kind of graphic cards. Just want to stay sub 200mm. ;)

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
As seen on Reddit?

I find this concept really interesting, especially in terms of ease of manufacturing. But I think it would be interesting to be able to use something like HDDPlex and a big tower cooler with no fan (relying on the two 180 mm fans).

Reactions: khanate

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
I would love to! I only have minor water cooling experience, but it's all that I have been researching the past 6 months, so I know most of the parts, just need to assemble. Got all my parts planned.

I should be okay, I am a copier technician, lots of small stuff I am used to.

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
I also agree on the increase in GPU length. I did find a few at 170 but seem plenty above. If can't do 192, I'll agree on 182-192.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
As seen on Reddit?

I find this concept really interesting, especially in terms of ease of manufacturing. But I think it would be interesting to be able to use something like HDDPlex and a big tower cooler with no fan (relying on the two 180 mm fans).

I could make a bracket to support flex and hdplex as additional accessory. Then you could also use higher coolers.

Last edited:
Reactions: FischOderAal

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I would love to! I only have minor water cooling experience, but it's all that I have been researching the past 6 months, so I know most of the parts, just need to assemble. Got all my parts planned.

I should be okay, I am a copier technician, lots of small stuff I am used to.

Sounds good. Let's keep in touch for the prototype test. Still might take a few weeks though.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
As seen on Reddit?

I'm currently looking into HDplex support. Which module / model you had in mind?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Seeing that the most powerfull GPU < 190 mm is the 2060 Super (to my knowledge) the 400W version should be enough. Maybe it would fit next to the GPU?

I'll make the case a little bit larger, so you could also fit some smaller RTX2070 cards.

The DC-DC module will definitely fit inside the case but the AC-DC brick would be external if that's OK.

Reactions: FischOderAal

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
The community had some good ideas and I am listening. Here is a short update:

Dimensions: 296x197x197mm // 11,5 liter (man, its getting bigger and bigger... :p)
CPU cooler clearance (with SFX PSU): <=106mm
GPU length: <=193mm
Fans: up to 2 x 180mm (internal) or up to 2 x 200mm (external)
Radiator: up to 2 x 180mm or 2 x 200mm
"Front" USB: cutout at the back (buy your own)

Optional accessories (later): 140mm fan and rad brackets, FLEX & HDplex brackets

Let me know what you think and where I shall make the Power Button cutout (also, which diameter do you prefer?)

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
I like clean designs. I would suggest to put the switch on the backside next to the IO shield. Or if you plan to implement a front IO next to that.

The-Alchemist-404

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2019
The community had some good ideas and I am listening. Here is a short update:

Dimensions: 296x197x197mm // 11,5 liter (man, its getting bigger and bigger... :p)
CPU cooler clearance (with SFX PSU): <=106mm
GPU length: <=193mm
Fans: up to 2 x 180mm (internal) or up to 2 x 200mm (external)
Radiator: up to 2 x 180mm or 2 x 200mm
"Front" USB: cutout at the back (buy your own)

Holy smokes, 106 mm on the cpu cooler compatibility, sign me in

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Wow! 200mm radiator!! From what I read the phobya 200mm wouldn't be the best choice with how thick it is, would need head air flow. Maybe using push/pull to be optimal.