Production REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | industrial style case with 180mm fan and rad support

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I know there are a lot "pico-psus", but that one is mounted exactly in the standard SFX PSU cutout and it's rated 300W. Did you see any other DC-DC PSU like that?

Found only one seller on aliexpress: Link

I think that's a good concept and has some advantages over plug-in pico PSUs. If it works as expected and the manufacturer gives some discount for bulk orders I'm thinking to sell this together with the case as accessory.

Last edited:
Reactions: FischOderAal

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
update 26.05.2020: first aluminum sample is ready (except for anodizing) and everything fits as its supposed to.

I even could fit my INNO3D RTX2070 Twin X2 by moving the shroud a few millimetres!

here some pictures (please don't mind my "cable management", I just spend 30 minutes for this build) :p

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
It is absolutely mouthwatering :D super compact and I believe super cool and silent case. What is the orientation and airflow direction in the case? Can be used both vertical and horizontal? If so, does that effect the airflow efficiency?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It is absolutely mouthwatering :D super compact and I believe super cool and silent case. What is the orientation and airflow direction in the case? Can be used both vertical and horizontal? If so, does that effect the airflow efficiency?
Thanks.

Yes, you can use it horizontal and vertical.

Airflow is up to you. Push pull, pull pull, push push. Still have to do some tests what works best. Probably the way like showing in the pictures.

Reactions: Yugo555

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
OK, colour me intrigued. But I'm not sure how much space you'd win, unless you for instance remove the support for SFX PSUs.

I'll just remove the gpu support and shrink the length to 230mm. Will look like a little cube with 9 liter volume. I'll keep the sfx support but people can use a pico psu and then will gain 170mm cpu (apu) cooler clearance.

I know, it'll not be the smallest apu case but probably one with the best cooling. Perhaps semi-passive cooling would even work.

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Looking slick!! I wanna say no sfx power supply on the apu case. We won't need that much power, and can make it stupid small, even more with a Pico box. I still have a board/apu ready. It is attached to a 240mm rad still though.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Sfx support will be fully optional. I'll make a cutout which can be cut out by the customer with pliers if you want Sfx support. Else there will be just a hole for the DC barrel.

It won't get much smaller than 9 liter since I want to support really big air coolers

This

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
What a monster of a CPU cooler!!

Here is a bit more in depth discussion on the 200mm rads, and some tests on all 180/200mm fans.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've been following your cases for a while and I really like the folded tab design used to connect all the parts.
What are those two switches for in the back besides the PSU? Do they turn the fans on and off?

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Been looking for interesting takes on the 10L-ish SFFPC cases and this one stands out for sure! Let me know if the beta is still open, happy to help with testing (and building another PC). My experience is limited to the 3 I built but I am in South East Asia so that should make shipping faster and cheaper! Our tropical climates don't help us with temps so we need all the cooling we can get!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I've been following your cases for a while and I really like the folded tab design used to connect all the parts.
What are those two switches for in the back besides the PSU? Do they turn the fans on and off?

Thanks! The Silverstone AP181 have a switch to set the fan speed. I thought it would be nice to integrate this feature in the case. Of course you can also use the AP182 or AP183 which have Pwm control. Then you can use the cutouts for your cable management and put a cable tie through there.

Reactions: tinyitx

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Been looking for interesting takes on the 10L-ish SFFPC cases and this one stands out for sure! Let me know if the beta is still open, happy to help with testing (and building another PC). My experience is limited to the 3 I built but I am in South East Asia so that should make shipping faster and cheaper! Our tropical climates don't help us with temps so we need all the cooling we can get!
Sounds good. You may sign up for the pre order waiting list on the website. Let me know what components you'll going to use. I'll choose some potential customers for the beta test (first reviews?).

Last edited:

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Sounds good. You may sign up for the pre order waiting list on the website. Let me know what components you'll going to use. I'll choose some potential customers for the beta test (first reviews?).

Already signed up! Looks like most of the AIO cooling will have to be custom since 180mm radiators are exceptionally rare, so I'm out for that. I'll be happy to build it with a tower or low profile cooler since those are readily available for an affordable price within the region. SFX-L PSU since I prefer the quietness with a larger fan. And a smaller 200mm card like a Galax / KFA2 card since I know space will be a constraint. I like it in the vertical orientation, my desk space is pretty limited so going tall instead of long would be ideal.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Already signed up! Looks like most of the AIO cooling will have to be custom since 180mm radiators are exceptionally rare, so I'm out for that. I'll be happy to build it with a tower or low profile cooler since those are readily available for an affordable price within the region. SFX-L PSU since I prefer the quietness with a larger fan. And a smaller 200mm card like a Galax / KFA2 card since I know space will be a constraint. I like it in the vertical orientation, my desk space is pretty limited so going tall instead of long would be ideal.
I think you signed up for the wrong case...

Also please carefully read the specs concerning component support.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It seems that a lot of people do not read a single word of the description of the cases. Frankly speaking this is very disappointing. Maybe I'm special but usually I read the specs first if I'm really interested in something.

It's like buying a car without even knowing if it runs on gas or diesel. But later complaining that the engine died.

Is there anything I can do to improve? Are the descriptions not clear enough? Do you need more pictures? Just let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: khanate

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
first thermal and noise tests

one hour stress test running CPU and GPU in parallel, case fans set to 50% RPM

3800X @ 100% PPT: ΔT=62°C
RTX2070 @ 100% TDP: ΔT=40°C

noise levels measurement is not totally accurate because we had a lot of traffic on the street besides the office today...

Anyway, the system is pretty quiet even under load. The most noisy part is the fan from the AMD Wraith Prism which I used together with the Thermalright AXP90... better should have used the IS-60 cooler with the big and silent fan...

It is very interesting that the speed of the case fans doesn't make a big difference concerning CPU thermals. It's just +/- 2°C between the lowest and the highest fan speed setting and comparable with an open air build. Most importantly - as for every case I have tested so far - is a good CPU cooler with a good and silent fan on it! The GPU clearly benefits from the bottom fan. Temperatures dropped by 6°C on the highest fan setting.

OT but also interesting: my BIG1 design achieves the same CPU thermal performance despite only using one single 120mm fan. Guess I did something right there.

Last edited: