Rumor Possibility of AMD on STX form factor

There are so many frieds discussed about AMD solution on STX form factor.
I told Crew ASRock had one AMD FM2+ 5x5 board....
Let me show off one board I found on my boss's table.

We did a very very quick research during CNY.
AMD 2200G box fan is so high that can't be installed into our chassis.
BUT... how about install CPU fan and heatsink separately? HAHAHA...

Only for fun :D

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I am aware of this, which is why I said "IF"...

For an APU build that uses currently available parts, I would go with the G.Skill 3200/16 RAM, two 8GB sticks...

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Woah wait we can get 4 drives in total in it ? (2 m.2 and 2 2.5inch drives)
I haven's seen the price mentioned though

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

Yes, two M.2 NVMe SSDs & two 2.5" SATA III HDDs/SSDs will fit in the chassis...

Price should be 120 bucks...

APUs are the future...!!!

Reactions: Jello

cebali

Cable Smoosher
Jan 9, 2019
The price is right there under the first image. According to Google Translate "market expected sales price before tax 18,480 yen (will be released February 8, 2019)" which is not $120 unfortunately, but it's still a good price though.

Reactions: jujudk

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Even 150 bucks is more than enough

I mean for such a compact system, besides it will have a pretty long term support so that's worth it
Unfortunately we might not be able to toy with it like intel stx, as it won't support bigger cpu (like the R5 2600) so no stx + gpu

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Still plenty enough for most "light" gaming. And I do not mean light in a bad way, most of those not resource heavy titles give me way more fun than 99.99% of the AAA titles.

I'd like major game studio to realise realise that GFX is not where the fun is....

damex

Caliper Novice
Aug 27, 2018
honestly I would just go and get it if it would cost under 200$.
case+THAT MOBO+psu would be pretty cheap under 200$.
probably that would be/might be the price in china/europe/russia.

it would be nice there would be a cooler compatibility on Asrock website.

can't wait to get one here in Vietnam (or order one from Taobao/Tmall) :)

bnnt10

Efficiency Noob
Jul 14, 2018
the review said:
-A300 deskmini in Japan includes "optional" cooler as a standard.
-loaded 2400g(occt 4.5.1 PSU)+optional cooler=90.1W/78.9C(ambient:???)/2549rpm/39.1dBA

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The Ryzen APUs come with the Wraith Stealth CPU cooler, which (I believe) can be modded to fit into the Deskmini chassis by removing the outer fan shroud...

Scott

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2016
It looks like the BIOS has CPU overclocking options? It was hard to tell since they didn't try to enter into the settings and mess with it, but that would be odd since A300 shouldn't be able to.

cebali

Cable Smoosher
Jan 9, 2019
The Ryzen APUs come with the Wraith Stealth CPU cooler, which (I believe) can be modded to fit into the Deskmini chassis by removing the outer fan shroud...
I saw somewhere that even with the shroud removed it's a bit taller than 46mm. So it won't fit... I guess that's the reason why they ship the DeskMini A300 with the optional cooler included, and that's why it's more expensive.

Edit: I looked it up, it's 48-49mm without the shroud...

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I saw somewhere that even with the shroud removed it's a bit taller than 46mm. So it won't fit... I guess that's the reason why they ship the DeskMini A300 with the optional cooler included, and that's why it's more expensive.

Edit: I looked it up, it's 48-49mm without the shroud...

There is a revised version of the Wraith Stealth fan (the one without the glue holding the outer shroud on) & it came in at 45.5mm tall once the outer shroud was removed...

Within the next month or so I should be getting one of the A300M-STX barebones, a Ryzen 5 2400G APU (with bundled Wraith Stealth CPU cooler), 16GB of DDR4-3200/16 RAM (2 @ 8GB SO-DIMMs), & a 250GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD...

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Jello

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
So now I've actually watched a full review in a language that I know only the first word they say. Interesting.
Though if I buy this mobo I'll not go for the case at all. So the tower cooler was the best part.