Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Xaeons

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Yeah I guess I'll have to cut the bottom panel. the 120mm fan I put there as exhaust is blowing air back as I feel it when I put my hand on top of it.

Don't have a scroll saw but I do have a jigsaw. Gonna have to tape the heck out of the panel and duct tape the bottom of the jigsaw to prevent scratching.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Yeah I guess I'll have to cut the bottom panel. the 120mm fan I put there as exhaust is blowing air back as I feel it when I put my hand on top of it.

Don't have a scroll saw but I do have a jigsaw. Gonna have to tape the heck out of the panel and duct tape the bottom of the jigsaw to prevent scratching.
Yup, a coping saw (sometimes called a jeweler's saw) is cheap and would give more precise cuts but that's hand work. A Dremel would also work. I recommend measuring 3 times before you cut. I had to re-drill my mounting holes. And they are still off Slightly :( (I have 3 sets of 120mm mounting holes lol).

chickenium

Case Bender
Dec 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Steck (still shipping) to rebuild using some older parts.

One question I had was concerning my EVGA 1070 FTW. I've only come across one build with the GPU and the owner mentioned that it didn't fit although the dimensions on paper seem fine.

Reported GPU dimensions by Nouvolo : 30.0 x 14.0 x 4.5 cm
Reported EVGA 1070 FTW dimensions : 26.7 x 12.9 x 3.8 cm

Has anyone else used this GPU in the Steck? Thanks for your help.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Steck (still shipping) to rebuild using some older parts.

One question I had was concerning my EVGA 1070 FTW. I've only come across one build with the GPU and the owner mentioned that it didn't fit although the dimensions on paper seem fine.

Reported GPU dimensions by Nouvolo : 30.0 x 14.0 x 4.5 cm
Reported EVGA 1070 FTW dimensions : 26.7 x 12.9 x 3.8 cm

Has anyone else used this GPU in the Steck? Thanks for your help.
It should fit no issue. Where did you see the user say it didn't fit? Maybe there is some context as to why it doesn't fit.

chickenium

Case Bender
Dec 6, 2019
It should fit no issue. Where did you see the user say it didn't fit? Maybe there is some context as to why it doesn't fit.

Natural convection isn't super great because the perforation/venting isn't as 'porus' for lack of a better term.The bottom doesn't have enough ventilation for an active fan, nor does it have a mounting area.Fit and finish is a C- , many screws don't line up flush.The top rear corner where the GPU mounts prevents a lot of GPU's from even being able to be installed (I have a 2 slot EVGA 1070 FTW that won't fit, even though the dimensions match)Front LED is WAY too bright.
If I could do it all over, I would have spent the extra $50 and bought a Sliger SM550/SM560.

This guy here. He did seem a bit disgruntled so I figured I'd ask around over here.

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
My Steck should getting here monday!! Wooo!! Now the problem comes to picking a GPU. I currently have a 2080 ti FTW3 w/ a Bykski waterblock, and converted it to a 2 slot card from 3 slot. Would this fit?? Waterblock dimensions make it seem like it'll barely fit, I might have to get a different waterblock and get one of those low profile multidirectional terminals for the GPU block. Otherwise, I have a 2080 ti Strix OC on standby, I would just need to get a waterblock for it.

As for pumps, are there any different options available besides the Swiftech Apogee Drive II and Alphacool LT Solo and Eisbaer Solo? I'd prefer to use a waterblock that doesn't have a pump attatched on it mainly because of aesthetics... I'm thinking about maybe getting the Phanteks R160 , and have it lay sideways under the PSU/going across the motherboard. Is there enough space for this setup? Seems like there's a lot of room under the PSU, especially since I have two NVME drives, so I don't need to save any space for any 2.5" drives. Another pump/res combo I was looking at was the Bitspower Tiny Tank SC6 200... I just can't get info on that pump they're using, and am curious if it has enough juice for a full loop with 2x 240mm radiators with a cpu and gpu block.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
My Steck should getting here monday!! Wooo!! Now the problem comes to picking a GPU. I currently have a 2080 ti FTW3 w/ a Bykski waterblock, and converted it to a 2 slot card from 3 slot. Would this fit?? Waterblock dimensions make it seem like it'll barely fit, I might have to get a different waterblock and get one of those low profile multidirectional terminals for the GPU block. Otherwise, I have a 2080 ti Strix OC on standby, I would just need to get a waterblock for it.

As for pumps, are there any different options available besides the Swiftech Apogee Drive II and Alphacool LT Solo and Eisbaer Solo? I'd prefer to use a waterblock that doesn't have a pump attatched on it mainly because of aesthetics... I'm thinking about maybe getting the Phanteks R160 , and have it lay sideways under the PSU/going across the motherboard. Is there enough space for this setup? Seems like there's a lot of room under the PSU, especially since I have two NVME drives, so I don't need to save any space for any 2.5" drives. Another pump/res combo I was looking at was the Bitspower Tiny Tank SC6 200... I just can't get info on that pump they're using, and am curious if it has enough juice for a full loop with 2x 240mm radiators with a cpu and gpu block.
R160 won't fit since it 80mm wide, and the CPU cooler height is 70mm. I think there is slightly more then 70mm on the bottom, but it wouldn't be enough. Primarily due to vrm heatsinks At the top of the motherboard (or bottom of the motherboard when oriented in the case)

The Bitspower Tiny Tank SC6 200 but due to its height of 54mm it *may* (not sure exactly) conflict with your ram and/or CPU block. I think the best bet is one of the pump/block combos.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
@Idea you may be able to use this:

Mounted underneath the power supply, it's kind of wide but if you mount it horizontally on top of a slim 120mm fan(with your bottom rad) I think it might work (you might need to mod the bracket or make your own). But tube management might be difficult.

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
@Idea you may be able to use this:

Mounted underneath the power supply, it's kind of wide but if you mount it horizontally on top of a slim 120mm fan(with your bottom rad) I think it might work (you might need to mod the bracket or make your own). But tube management might be difficult.
The R160 is actually only 30mm thick. The orientation I was thinking about mounting it is on it's side, laying down under the psu. Example of what I initially meant.

Honestly might skip on the res, and just try to mount a DDC pump below the PSU (or above). Or another option I was considering is using an Alphacool DC-LT 3600 pump (or two) and have it plugged directly into the top res by using the Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT reservoir. It was made to be used with Alphacool's server rack radiators, so it basically is a tiny little reservoir that mounts directly to a radiators g1/4 threads, and has pump mount for the DC-LT pump.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The R160 is actually only 30mm thick. The orientation I was thinking about mounting it is on it's side, laying down under the psu. Example of what I initially meant.

Honestly might skip on the res, and just try to mount a DDC pump below the PSU (or above). Or another option I was considering is using an Alphacool DC-LT 3600 pump (or two) and have it plugged directly into the top res by using the Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT reservoir. It was made to be used with Alphacool's server rack radiators, so it basically is a tiny little reservoir that mounts directly to a radiators g1/4 threads, and has pump mount for the DC-LT pump.
If you mount the r160 in that orientation it would not fit under the power supply. The max height under the power supply is ~70mm (that's with modding the PSU bracket higher,). However that doesn't include cables. When the cables are installed you are at ~58mm.

This is not my case here is the Source:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
What is the spec for the side panel thumbscrews? I'm Looking for an stand off to make the pannel stick off a little.

The threads are standard M3

I ordered some m3 screws and standoffs for my mod, I'm just trying them now and they don't fit. Can you please confirm, are the thumbscrews (that hold the glass to the side) m3? It's possible that Amazon sent me the wrong size since it's not listed on the package what size these are, but the threads on my "m3" screws and standoffs do not match the threads on the thumbscrews.

@Nouvolo please let me know. :)