Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Idea

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Another question, what is the max GPU height clearance?? The length and width clearance is listed on the site, but I can't find the height clearance. Might be a good idea to add this on the spec sheet on the website. Especially if this case is targeting watercooling enthusiasts, it's good information to have since a GPU's height changes with a waterblock because of the top terminal where the g1/4" ports are. @Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Another question, what is the max GPU height clearance?? The length and width clearance is listed on the site, but I can't find the height clearance. Might be a good idea to add this on the spec sheet on the website. Especially if this case is targeting watercooling enthusiasts, it's good information to have since a GPU's height changes with a waterblock because of the top terminal where the g1/4" ports are. @Nouvolo
please check our website for details, you may want to read the FAQ also.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Xaeons

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
To those who stuck a 2.5 ssd/hdd in between the front panel and PSU, is 7mm the max allowable thickness (plus at least 1mm for the mounting tape)?
If so, what drive did you put there?

Blahbleh

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
To those who stuck a 2.5 ssd/hdd in between the front panel and PSU, is 7mm the max allowable thickness (plus at least 1mm for the mounting tape)?
If so, what drive did you put there?
A 7mm thick HDD + mounting tape/foam will definitely fit. A 9.5mm thick disk should fit too : distance between front panel and the PSU bracket is exactly 9.5mm to me (Steck rev. 1.1) but the is an extra 1mm bellow the PSU bracket, between the front panel and the PSU itself. It should however be a bit harder to plug your disk in, as its connectors will be hard to reach.
I dont have a 9.5mm to try, but be sure a 7mm can fit.

Otherwise you can easily make a 9.5mm, 12.5 or even maybe 15mm thick disk fit behind the PSU, if the space is not too cluttered by power cords. I have a Corsair SFX with default power cables and I was able to make them fit in the same side behind the PSU, leaving enough space for a disk (I actually have a 7mm SSD in this space), easy to plug in with angled connectors.

Xaeons

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Otherwise you can easily make a 9.5mm, 12.5 or even maybe 15mm thick disk fit behind the PSU, if the space is not too cluttered by power cords. I have a Corsair SFX with default power cables and I was able to make them fit in the same side behind the PSU, leaving enough space for a disk (I actually have a 7mm SSD in this space), easy to plug in with angled connectors.

Yeah I forgot about behind the PSU! Thanks!

sami hx

Caliper Novice
Nov 8, 2019
Do anyone here have experience in how long the package needs when it arrives in France to Germany? Or any Europe country?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
My build is essentially done. I will post it on Reddit tomorrow and I'll link it here. It's a doozy of a read (wrote up about 2.5-3 pages of a build log) here's a sneak peek. ;) (I'm such a tease lol)

Although that's probably the best picture I took In my crappy lit room at midnight! (Not the best of the build, but as a picture that looks remotely nice lol)

Edit: I didn't mention my previous experience with the community tester from a year ago in my write up, but I'll probably link it and address some my my main concerns. Wether they were addressed and how I feel from a v0.9 to v1.1. however they are essentially the same.

Edit 2. One thing I'm finding really odd, (which I thought was fixed) is my top panel isn't sitting flush. I thought that had been addressed, but my v1.1 is still sitting about 0.5mm taller than the steck unit. Are others still experiencing this (with the stock magnets)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nouvolo and chyll2

Xaeons

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Edit 2. One thing I'm finding really odd, (which I thought was fixed) is my top panel isn't sitting flush. I thought that had been addressed, but my v1.1 is still sitting about 0.5mm taller than the steck unit. Are others still experiencing this (with the stock magnets)?

I measured the stock magnetic strip as 1.5mm and it did not sit flush when I used it, even after sandwiching it between two reinforced glass panels, a flat wood panel on top, and about 20kg of weight on top for 18hrs [couldn't wait 24]

I then removed it and used 1mm magnets, with some 3m Auto Mounting Tape and did the sandwich thing for 14hrs, [getting impatient] and still it came out as 1.5mm and still not flush

so I'm guessing I would need 0.5mm magnets?

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Played Apex for a couple hours and stock CPU setting and no fan curve on CPU fan, and the GPU at 33% fan speed overclocked to
  • +850 mem
  • +210(2000mhz +/- 15)
  • +100mV
  • 112 power target

My temps were maxed at 67C on GPU, and 57C on cpu. Temps are pretty impressive I think, for as quiet as it is! I plan to overclock my CPU a little (ideally to 4.0-4.1) That being said, it's a warm little machine, im definitely gaming with my window cracked after an hour or so, because it's getting warm. And I don't even have the side panels on yet (waiting on my new standoffs).

Also, just so everyone knows the thumb screw threading (that's holds the panel onto the chassis) is NOT M3. It's a #6-32 thread. Sourcing standoffs that have #6-32 threads on BOTH sides was not as easy as I would have thought, but I found some on eBay. Unfortunately the ones I found only come in 1/4" lengths(I did find some longer ones but i would have had to buy like 50... And they were EXPENSIVE), so I will have to use 3 for each mounting location on my CPU side (this won't look as clean as I had hoped) thankfully I'll only need one on the GPU side (this is because the end tank on the CPU side sits out further than the end tank on the GPU side).

RaldiH

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
Do anyone here have experience in how long the package needs when it arrives in France to Germany? Or any Europe country?

Ordered mine last week , i will let you know when it gets here in France .

This is my first post here so would like to thank Nouvolo for this amazing case and the community for all the inspiration they bring on these forums !
Looking forward to build in mine ( i have already basic mods planed ) and looking forward for the V.2 in the future .

Best Regards .

Reactions: Poblopuablo

JP Special

Case Bender
Dec 17, 2019
I think for all those who are waiting for their Case a Week feels like a month. Also I am waiting for my case now 10 days, and i did not know china was that far.
The first case i build again since i build my last case in 1992 i think that was a intel Pentium II processor those days..... But it will not the last once!!

Thank you all guys for the great experiences here!!! Btw tracking a package can be very Irritating when nothing is changing!!!

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I think for all those who are waiting for their Case a Week feels like a month. Also I am waiting for my case now 10 days, and i did not know china was that far.
The first case i build again since i build my last case in 1992 i think that was a intel Pentium II processor those days..... But it will not the last once!!

Thank you all guys for the great experiences here!!! Btw tracking a package can be very Irritating when nothing is changing!!!

Update on our shipment process (also posted on our website and FAQ section) :

==========================================

About Your Shipment - When is it going to arrive?

Shipment ? lead times may vary from time to time. We try our best to have the goods to reach buyers in 2-3 weeks, depending on location. However tracking info is not updated during transit, and we can only wait for update when it reaches the next port.

In order to allow enough time for shipment to proceed its normal course, investigation of shipment progress will be carried out 21 days (EU, South America) / 14 days (other regions) after sending out (based on tracking info). Our demand has grown at a rapid pace since launching less than a year ago and we need to streamline our process to serve all of you. ?‍♂️

==========================================

Have been trying to handle each and every impromptu request or enquiry from each individual buyer. Some check in everyday to ask about the progress, we totally understand your excitement but our orders are getting to the point we need to streamline this process.

Last edited: