Production PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable (3M) - Official support for Steck &🥪compatible

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable is available now. Please visit product page at:

Quantities will be limited at the beginning, but we will try to maintain supply going forward.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Nice...! ;^p

Will it work i the Meshlicious chassis...?

TY...!
I dunno... I don't have the details for Meshlicious..., maybe ask over there. Better if you get the details of their cable requirement.

Hey, honestly I won't go out of my way to research other people's products. If details are given to me, then I will take a look.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable is available now. Please visit product page at:

Quantities will be limited at the beginning, but we will try to maintain supply going forward.

Do you happen to have any test data or documentation for these specific risers either from inhouse testing or from the supplier? Primarily curious about whether there are any known incompatibilities with specific motherboards or issues with features (reBAR, etc).

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Package just showed up, quite a bit quicker than I expected given the state of global shipping. Box is pretty smashed, but the cable looks okay. I'd probably recommend including one of those rubber caps that you see on most GPUs to protect the traces on the end that plugs into the mobo, as the ends weren't particularly well covered by the bubble wrap and the thin box and padding-less envelope weren't providing much protection.

Hopefully I'll find some time tonight to swap out the Gen3 and do some testing. I'll post an update as soon as I get an opportunity.

Edit: Sadly, the orientation of the connector doesn't work in Sliger SM cases. I didn't realize they use a 90 degree termination until I just disassembled the bracket to see how it was attached, and my Steck only has a gen3 mobo and GPU.

Edit2: Was messing around with the bracket on the SM580 to see if some manual modification or a 3D printed alternative might make the 3M cable work. Unfortunately, I think you'd need a ~28cm or longer cable with this type of straight termination to accommodate the bend radius even with modded mounting holes. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to make use of it if/when I update my HTPC build in the Steck down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
oke, but if you ship from china, why is there a warehouse in the NL ? :eek:
Don't you ship from there ?
We ship some stock to NL first, and we prepay the China-NL leg of the shipment in advance. When the product is purchased, that cost is then added back in the total shipping costs (local + int'l shipping). Note: we have paid for int'l shipping in advance without knowing when the product will eventually move, so that we can provide a better/faster/smoother delivery process for our EU customers (that's a free service).

Somebody has to pay for it at the end 😉. If you propose we don't charge for int'l shipping, then we will just add the same amount back to the price of the product.

cypress

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 31, 2021
We ship some stock to NL first, and we prepay the China-NL leg of the shipment in advance. When the product is purchased, that cost is then added back in the total shipping costs (local + int'l shipping). Note: we have paid for int'l shipping in advance without knowing when the product will eventually move, so that we can provide a better/faster/smoother delivery process for our EU customers (that's a free service).

Somebody has to pay for it at the end 😉. If you propose we don't charge for int'l shipping, then we will just add the same amount back to the price of the product.
Make sense !

But, i tok some evenings modeling, so i made my own adapter :)

Reactions: Nouvolo

bbalex

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2018
USD69 + shipping. Will have local EU delivery soon (warehouse in NL).
Hello, do you have local EU delivery now which can ship this 3M riser cable? Must I pay in EUR for local EU delivery even if my country does not have EUR as its currency?

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hello, do you have local EU delivery now which can ship this 3M riser cable? Must I pay in EUR for local EU delivery even if my country does not have EUR as its currency?
Which country are you from? Although we ship to most EU countries, we only accept EUR but not all the other minor currencies, as there is a high cost is fx exchange for small amounts. If you use CC/paypal to purchase, fx exchange is already done when charged to your credit card.

bbalex

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2018
Which country are you from? Although we ship to most EU countries, we only accept EUR but not all the other minor currencies, as there is a high cost is fx exchange for small amounts. If you use CC/paypal to purchase, fx exchange is already done when charged to your credit card.
Hi, I'm from Romania. We use RON as the local currency. USD-RON exchange rate is better, which is why I would prefer to pay in USD, if possible.

If I order today this cable, do I get it from the European warehouse? And to get it from Europe, is it compulsory to pay in EUR or may I pay in USD?

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi, I'm from Romania. We use RON as the local currency. USD-RON exchange rate is better, which is why I would prefer to pay in USD, if possible.

If I order today this cable, do I get it from the European warehouse? And to get it from Europe, is it compulsory to pay in EUR or may I pay in USD?
Yes, you can choose to buy with USD but then I need to setup a custom order for you, you cannot just click on the online store to buy, as USD prices do not include EU VAT. We need to add that back (~20%) on to the price. If you think prices are cheaper in USD, maybe that's why😉. For EU region, we now collect VAT in advance, and that's why it is higher price in EUR.

There is no trick to get out of VAT, and as a proper biz, we totally adhere to paying proper taxes.

Please email directly to info@nouvolo.com, and confirm the items and quantities that you want to buy. Then we will send you a custom USD invoice.

Reactions: bbalex