Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
This pump seems to be smaller than ddc?

Yin0831

Case Bender
Jun 18, 2019

Just use this brand for build its give out easy connection thought tube as well.
this only 39mm high.

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
OMG! guys, FINALLY, someone did a build with Asetek. AIO without stack expansion! Come on guys! Show your imagination! ? It can be done!

I think this is a good idea for the next revision of the case - but it best be an adjustable mount to raise the PSU bracket (probably additional mounting holes for height adjustment) because I believe it was originally placed with enough clearance on top for a 240mm AIO tube to drop/hang properly with a stack unit in place.

STD_CONNOISSEUR

Case Bender
New User
May 27, 2019
Hi What sort of aluminium strips are those? You just super glued them to the panel? Looking for a solution, as my side panel magnetic strips don't stick properly.

Strips are here: They were super glued.
I glued them with the height matched so that the aluminum would rest against screws in the bottom holes. The screws were very small, smaller than M3. I think they are the ones used to attach SSDs.

Hmm in case amazon link doesn't work, the description is "ImpressArt Bracelet Blanks, 1" x 6", Aluminum- 5 Pack"

Reactions: VeeTeeF and Diisii

Diisii

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2019
Strips are here: They were super glued.
I glued them with the height matched so that the aluminum would rest against screws in the bottom holes. The screws were very small, smaller than M3. I think they are the ones used to attach SSDs.

Hmm in case amazon link doesn't work, the description is "ImpressArt Bracelet Blanks, 1" x 6", Aluminum- 5 Pack"
Awesome. I'll give them a shot.

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
So, the GamingX cooler on the 980ti will fit (and as far as the specs read the 1080 has the same height), but you'll definitely need to get some low profile PCI-E connectors if you don't plan on using a stack unit. See the pictures below.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Now to wait for my case and the release of the 3700X...

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Can I use a cpu block that's 62mm high? I see the page where a cooler (air) up to 70mm but 60 for water cooling? I scrapped my original plans and go with swiftech apogee drive v2.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Can I use a cpu block that's 62mm high? I see the page where a cooler (air) up to 70mm but 60 for water cooling? I scrapped my original plans and go with swiftech apogee drive v2.
70mm clearance will be for air cooling or liquid cooling, doesn't matter which type. So it totally depends on how tall Swiftech Apogee is, according to some info height is ~62mm, which CAN fit in the Steck.

And seems Optimum Tech managed to fit Apogee into Ghost, so it should be comfortable with Steck.

Last edited:

Millisecond.build

Cable Smoosher
Apr 30, 2019
First time poster here.
Finally build my PC (R7 2700 + Thermalright AXP-100RH + GTX 1070 Strix) inside the Steck and the build process was a breeze (the YouTube videos were very helpful!).
In terms of hardware compatibility this case checks all marks for those looking to air cool their systems.
The only thing that I did not like as much is how the top and side panels are mounted to the main body.
I move my PC frequently and the only way to lift the case is by its sides, which make the side panels slide upwards.
It would be nice if there are set of "screwable" panels available for the case, which (I guess) would also help align all the other pieces correctly.
This would ruin the screw-less exterior of the case (I'm just asumming this was the reason to go the magnetic route) but would make the case very easy to travel with.
Other than that, this case is awesome! Thank you @Nouvolo team!

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Do any of the triple fan 2080 cards fit in the steck?

I think the gigabyte windforce is about the only 3-fan card that's only 2-slot thick and less than 305mm in length. All of the strix, aurus, and msi tio cards are 2.5 slots or thicker, and the PNY 3-slot and msi duke are 314mm long.