Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

EXILE157

Case Bender
Apr 27, 2018
NICE!!!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
So far the plan. This is before I plan to make a circle cutout on the bottom for intake slim noctua fan. Also will do another small cutout on the spine to fit the DDC pump that sticks out of the phanteks glacier r160 res/pump combo. This will sit near the GPU since I have the zotac rtx 2060 amp mini (similar to 2070 mini).

I ditched the idea of using apogee drive 2 because it doesn't fit clean with my motherboard. It pushes against the ram with some pressure and that's uncomfortable to have on. So it's not compatible with my x470 ITX motherboard. So I am going to use bykski CPU block and GPU block as well.

This build can only be done with the glacier r160 due to its heigth. That way you can fit an intake slim 120mm noctua fan below the psu and res. Intake because I will use glass panels for both sides.

Edit: I am using custom amplifier feet below the case instead of using stock feet.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
So far the plan. This is before I plan to make a circle cutout on the bottom for intake slim noctua fan. Also will do another small cutout on the spine to fit the DDC pump that sticks out of the phanteks glacier r160 res/pump combo. This will sit near the GPU since I have the zotac rtx 2060 amp mini (similar to 2070 mini).
Wonder if you could just use a valve adapter, and you only need to stick in a tube from the side openings when you want to drain the loop.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Wonder if you could just use a valve adapter, and you only need to stick in a tube from the side openings when you want to drain the loop.
I plan to do that from the bottom of the r160. I can easily remove the bottom panel of the case and just unscrew the seal of the reservoir and let it drain from that way. There wouldn't be anything below it when I drain it :)

VeeTeeF

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
To all buyers:

All orders (up till 25 Jun 2019) are being processed for delivery (as we speak). Tracking ids will be sent out this/next week. Have a nice day. Cutoff for cancellation or changes is in force.
I've been checking here every day to hear this glorious statement. Can't wait for my Steck!

Reactions: chyll2

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Here are the updated pics of my water cooling setup on gpu side. Setting a pump/res combo next to zotac rtx 2060 mini. Still need to make a square cutout on the spine so the pump that sticks out fits in.

And a circle cutout below the psu to fit slim noctua fan for intake.

EDIT: anyone know a safe way to cover the exposed back part of the GPU? I don't think there's a custom backplate to this small gpu. I will look.

Last edited:

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
I have a m.2 drive and am looking to put fans below the mobo and the psu. Has anyone put two fans there before and are there any recommendations for 120mm fans that I should use?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I have a m.2 drive and am looking to put fans below the mobo and the psu. Has anyone put two fans there before and are there any recommendations for 120mm fans that I should use?

There isn't space under the mobo to fit a fan unless you put a stack unit on the bottom. As for under the PSU, any high static pressure fan will do, but if you have stock (stiff) power supply cables, you may want to consider a 15mm thick fan instead of a 25mm. For 25mm fans the top tier are Noctua NF-A12x25, BeQuiet Silentwings 3, or Nidec Gentle Typhoons. For 15mm the Noctua A12x15, Scythe Kaze Slim, or Scythe Slipstream slim (12mm) are all solid.

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
There isn't space under the mobo to fit a fan unless you put a stack unit on the bottom. As for under the PSU, any high static pressure fan will do, but if you have stock (stiff) power supply cables, you may want to consider a 15mm thick fan instead of a 25mm. For 25mm fans the top tier are Noctua NF-A12x25, BeQuiet Silentwings 3, or Nidec Gentle Typhoons. For 15mm the Noctua A12x15, Scythe Kaze Slim, or Scythe Slipstream slim (12mm) are all solid.

TYVM I guess I was mistaken with the fan under the mobo.

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
Oh, ok I see what you mean, just need to be slightly thicker to house the tube joints. I will add that in the design brief for next version. ?.

But wouldn't the adapter below work for the tight spacing?
what adapter is that, im currently planning a 2080ti water loop in the steck. thats gonna help for sure, gonna use the apogee drive 2. hoping to fit a 60mm res/and ddc pump in there i doubt its gonna fit tho :/

edit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850096441.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.64113c005kacff this is the one im talking about. can pop a 60mm reservoir on top.

Last edited:

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
It might have been discussed but now im curious. Can the top hat be placed to the bottom? And if so, does it screw on there? I might have to have the stack unit on the bottom in order to successfully get my custom loop going without any kinks.