Production No more sandwich. W19. Up to 360AIO and custom loop. Up to full size 3-slot gpu. DDC pump. Ready for uncompromise watercooled in 10.5L console case.

Which kind of case to send to production first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
thanks for the update and no worries about the wait!

The only question I have for "parts" is the length of the custom cables. I will probably order them from China and shipping can take a while.
My build will use a SF750 PSU (classic SFX), 3090FE aircooled and for now a Asus Strix B450i so I'm interested in the cable length for CPU, 24PIN and especially GPU.

If you could provide a 2D drawing of the case with the location of the PSU bracket and the location of the riser cable I think people can roughly layout their cable routes and see what they need.
A simple 3D .obj model of the same things with correct dimensions would be even more amazing, at least for me :)

Edit: So the maximum thickness for radiator + fans is exactly 60mm?

Thanks again! I know this project will be amazing

Last edited:

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
thanks for the update and no worries about the wait!

The only question I have for "parts" is the length of the custom cables. I will probably order them from China and shipping can take a while.
My build will use a SF750 PSU (classic SFX), 3090FE aircooled and for now a Asus Strix B450i so I'm interested in the cable length for CPU, 24PIN and especially GPU.

If you could provide a 2D drawing of the case with the location of the PSU bracket and the location of the riser cable I think people can roughly layout their cable routes and see what they need.
A simple 3D .obj model of the same things with correct dimensions would be even more amazing, at least for me :)

Edit: So the maximum thickness for radiator + fans is exactly 60mm?

Thanks again! I know this project will be amazing
So the maximum thickness for radiator + fans is exactly 60mm?
Yes, you are absolutely right, 60mm

Riser and screws will be included. It is better to install your power supply with the fan on the left (top) so that the plug will located in the lower position in the drawing. Are you going to use a standard or angled plug?

You need a GPU cable about 480mm long as it can be routed through the side holder. Take one with a margin of + 30mm.:

Last edited:
Reactions: Houdini

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
awesome, thanks for that!

I bought this cable It's angled downwards, good if the connector is located as in your drawing but not sure if I still can use it when I flip the PSU and the connector is at the bottom.

Also just to confirm, there is room for cables between 3090 and the side holder? (blue area)

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
In your case, the layout will be like this, and you will be able to install up to 4 ssd:

Be sure to check with the seller this size:

Your angled plug should have the following direction:

You were right about the GPU cable. So you can use this way:

Last edited:

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
man, thanks for all those detailed answers!!

So I have to route the GPU power on the "left" side of the case from PSU to where GPU begins and then route it over to the other side of the case ("right") and pass behind the GPU? Good to know, will order a longer cable then.

One more question, is there space between case and PSU at the top to route CPU power there?

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
man, thanks for all those detailed answers!!

So I have to route the GPU power on the "left" side of the case from PSU to where GPU begins and then route it over to the other side of the case ("right") and pass behind the GPU? Good to know, will order a longer cable then.

One more question, is there space between case and PSU at the top to route CPU power there?
No, there is no space at all. You won't even believe what tricks I had to go to pack all this stuff in 10.7 liters. If I had not added support for the 3090FE, I would have achieved the desired 10L. Most likely I will delete this option in the next version, there are too few of its owners. The market is full of more compact 3090.

Last edited:

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
I've always considered the GPU to be the better target for water cooling. GPUs generate much more heat (TDP) than CPUs. Is anyone considering liquid cooling the GPU and air cooling the CPU? I feel something like a 5600x or 12600K would do fine on an air cooler here. Heck maybe even consider CPU+GPU waercooling?

Am I dreaming? @SammyXXM - would it be possible to fit a 360mm rad and a watercooled founders edition card with something like this bitspower waterblock?

Last edited:

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I've always considered the GPU to be the better target for water cooling. GPUs generate much more heat (TDP) than CPUs. Is anyone considering liquid cooling the GPU and air cooling the CPU? I feel something like a 5600x or 12600K would do fine on an air cooler here. Heck maybe even consider CPU+GPU waercooling?

Am I dreaming? @SammyXXM - would it be possible to fit a 360mm rad and a watercooled founders edition card with something like this bitspower waterblock?

Yes it is possible. Moreover, this case was designed specifically for this configuration. There is a configurator on the ekwb site, here is its result with 12900k, 3090 asus ekwb and 360 pe radiator

Last edited:

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
Very nice. I have 3090 FE too. At first will try setup with 240aio + 3090 air, then will try 360rad and CPU+GPU watercooled.
This block will fit, right?
I basically have the same plan but I think I'll stick to aircooling for the current GPU gen and probably will watercool the next GPU gen (if I upgrade).
Would be awesome if you could keep me/us updated on how things go for you :)

Seems like the block could be a very (!!!) tight fit. And we still need fittings on top.... @SammyXXM could you confirm?

Edit: found this, only 50mm height but I don't know what else is different

Last edited:

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
Very nice. I have 3090 FE too. At first will try setup with 240aio + 3090 air, then will try 360rad and CPU+GPU watercooled.
This block will fit, right?
Unfortunately, only the 47.9mm height cooler is compatible. This barrow has 64. Use separate low profile waterblock or aquanaut, the case has space for dcc pump (bracket for pump sold separately). Will also be available especially designed for the W19 reservoir with mount for pump.

Last edited:

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
I basically have the same plan but I think I'll stick to aircooling for the current GPU gen and probably will watercool the next GPU gen (if I upgrade).
Would be awesome if you could keep me/us updated on how things go for you
I completely understand the motivation of people who don't want to take apart a $3000 card and void the warranty. I would just sell FE and buy watercooled Asus

Last edited:

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
It's actually not the warranty, I've took mine apart to replace thermalpads (night and day difference!), it's more that I actually really like the design of the FE :D
but then, I've never had cases with glass side panels and I absolutely hate RGB, I don't need to showcase my PC internals to anyone.

I care about performance and how the case looks (because that's what I see 99% of the time) :)

Cheezo

Trash Compacter
Sep 10, 2019
Unfortunately, only the 47.9mm height cooler is compatible. This barrow has 64. Use separate low profile waterblock or aquanaut, the case has space for dcc pump (bracket for pump sold separately). Will also be available especially designed for the W19 reservoir with mount for pump.
So if i buy aquanaut waterblock, i will need to buy pump bracket from you? i'm newbie in custom loop, worried about it lol

Houdini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 15, 2019
So if i buy aquanaut waterblock, i will need to buy pump bracket from you? i'm newbie in custom loop, worried about it lol
Not an expert on custom loop either but I don't think you have to buy a bracket with aquanaut. You can mount the pump straight to the aquanaut and the whole thing then sits on the CPU.
I actually think I go with either the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo + custom loop or the Alphacool Eisbaer LT AIO.
A lot cheaper and propably easier to build than aquanaut

SammyXXM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
anthecase.com
As @Houdini said, you don't need to buy bracket if you use aqunaut, but it seems you will need do. Bad new is aquanut uncompatible (At least now).

But we have a good trick for monster MB like this (Damn, what are they thinking about?), were no room for tube route through bottom side:

Alphacool Eisbaer LT seems incompatible too

The only way is to use slim waterblock up to 19mm:

All problems from giant fittings. I'll make own fittings, with blackjack...

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
As @Houdini said, you don't need to buy bracket if you use aqunaut, but it seems you will need do. Bad new is aquanut uncompatible (At least now).

But we have a good trick for monster MB like this (Damn, what are they thinking about?), were no room for tube route through bottom side:

Alphacool Eisbaer LT seems incompatible too

The only way is to use slim waterblock up to 19mm:

All problems from giant fittings. I'll make own fittings, with blackjack...
Some of these options may be possible to fit with the new micro fittings from EK.

Reactions: SammyXXM and sos